101

Blu sat next to me as if it was already agreed upon between him and I. he wrapped his arm around my shoulder with my gifts proudly showcased in the chair adjacent to me. I wanted to wait to open them because I could feel the entire air stiffen as Chyna sat across from us, nervously sipping her wine.

I'd be lying if I didn't say my nerves were on end as well. What the fuck was Blu actually doing? What happened to keeping things a secret? What happened to our agreement? But what I could do in this exact moment? What more of a flame could I add to the fire? I decided to sit back and just count the breaths that I took, to watch the tapping of Chyna finger, to count the threads on Blu's shirt. I decided to do everything but add more discomfort to an already uncomfortable situation.

But... I couldn't help but notice that Chyna's reaction wasn't one to be expected. Was I tripping? If my homeboy was sneaking around with my other homeboy girl, I'd be livid. Right? Why was Chyna just sitting there?

"Ahem," Blu chimed in, putting down the fork he used to dig into his medium-rare sirloin steak. Oh, yeah, he already ordered dinner and brought it back to our private room. That alone made me wonder how long was he here and how did he even know that we were here.

"I know this is an awkward situation. But I think its just time to put everything out on the table. Chyna,"

Chyna's eyebrow twitched as she looked up at Blu, her lips pursed together like she was at the doctor waiting for her screening results. I could almost see the lines turning white from how tightly she pulled them in.

"Ana and I are together. She's happy with me and I'm sure that puts everyone in a tight spot with loyalties I'm sure." I picked at my salad, looking down to avoid Chyna's stare. Welp.. there it was. I just hoped that Chyna would keep this a secret at the lea-

"Now, with that being said, I'd like to spend the rest of this evening with my lady. I haven't seen her in some days and I'd like to catch up. I heard from Rich that he been looking for you, why don't y'all link up? I'm sure he's done handling negotiations and shit. Have a couple's night. He fished in his pants pocket and pulled out a wad of money the size of my fist that was neatly paperclipped. He slid the money across the table and placed his arm back in its original spot around my shoulder.

"On me. I already hit up the valet to bring your car around. Have a good night, Chyna."

I looked up at Chyna for a quick second and took in her pained expression. With reluctance, she grabbed the money clip and stood to her feet.

"I- I'll see you back at the hotel, girl."

"Wait, Chy-" I tried to call out to her but she almost ran out of the room, wiping her face continuously as the doors closed behind her.

"What the fuck, Blu?!" I pushed away from him, staring bullets into his dark brown eyes.

"What happened to keeping shit low fucking key? You might as well have bent me the fuck over and fucked me in front of her if you're choosing to be the boldest nigga on the block!"

"What? You wanted me to?" a boyish smirk played across his face that, in normal situations, would have been the cutest shit ever, but now was not the time.

"You know that's not what the fuck I meant! I am extremely flattered by the gifts and shit but now was not the time for this! Not in front of her like she's not loyal to Cut."

"Man, fuck that nigga." Blu retracted his arm and continued to slice his steak with an agitated furrow of his brows.

"What? What the fuck is going on with y'all? Listen, if someone don't tell me where all this beef is coming from I'm gonna g-"