10

His glasses fell off his face and flew to the floor and i s aw it.

I saw how bloodshot his eyes were, either from a good high or from crying for my mama. when I looked down at her again I saw her eyes were open but she aint say nothing the whole time. she didnt even look at me. she mustve still been high. i hope she was. i really do, and not disappointed..

i aint say nothing else, i just walked out. i spotted that doctor who was trying to have me make a decision 'bout her, i'm sure he was making his uppity ass comments about my ratchet family but i dont care. at that point im sure the whole ER talking about the shit.

be strong ana.

"Hey, doctor, do what you have to do to make my mama feel better. but i don't want him allowed to see her. His name is Roy "Junior" Cartwright and his ass is not allowed to be around her while she's here." without even him giving a time for a rebuttal i went back in the room, took one look at my half-glazed ass mama and just grabbed my purse to walk out. i stood at the roundabout and snatched my phone out my purse. eyes blurred, i scrolled to the most familiar number i could see. Skooby. i knew running to him everytime had a problem was beyond the scale of a dumb ass bitch but he was the only one who knew the ins and out of this sugar-coated shit show and only one who knew how to calm me down.

the phone rung a whole 2 times and his deep voice echoed in my ears. i almost forgot why i even called.

Skooby?

ana? wassup? what happened? i guess he could hear the stress in my voice

its mama, she done od'd again and... and..

i couldnt even get the words out i was shaking so bad

nawl, don't say nothin else. he spat. was it that nigga junior again? i could hear him getting up from his bed with a sigh. he was about fed up with junior shit like me.

don't worry 'bout it ana, we'll talk when i see you.

what hospital you at?

north river hospital. I think i was mumblling at that point.

Shit. why they sent her there? she couldve went to jefferson hospital.

i know but you know dumass junior not thinking about efficiency, he thinking about convenience.

alright, lemme shower and i'll be there in a minute.

aight .when i pulled the phone away from my ear i heard Skooby calling me back

yea Skooby

don'tsay shit to him, i'll come get you and we'll talk from there.

click.