33

Gonna love you right
Gonna take my time with you
Gonna love you slow
Can't get enough of you
I'm going to love you right

"Damn, my nigga, you gon' let the group sing it or you just gonna have ya own lil studio session in the fuckin' livin' room?" I overheard Cut homeboy, Benji, in a grimacing tone as Noonie was singing hella off-key as the beginning of Sugar Hill  Played in the background.

"Nigga, fuck you, you wouldn't know a classic if it came to suck ya dick with no teeth."

"I told you about fuckin' them old junkies my nigga."

"Man, that shit ain't gon' stop me from nut-"

"Can y'all niggas, PLEASE, shut the fuck up?" Cut leaned his head out the surprisingly clean kitchen where I sat on the counter and snapped at the both of them. "Don't nobody want to hear how you fuckin' with old junkies."

Benji flipped Cut the finger and turned his back to his glowering stare to watch the movie on the large flat-screen. 

That nigga got a broad in here now he want to be Mr. Hospitality. Chile I guess. Benji mocked one of the ghetto bitches at my school who be saying shit just like that and I had to stop myself from laughing.

Cut just shook his head as he scraped the porcelain bowl from the bottom, collecting the substance together and using his pinky to taste it before pouring more of the ziploced substance into the bowl and continuing to whip.

I didn't really want to watch him cook coke but it almost intrigued me how focused he was. I think this was the most silent i've seen him since we started chilling. 

Out of curiosity, I unlocked my iphone screen to see the time.

7:15 pm

"Noonie. I need more baking soda." Cut shouted from the kitchen. "Come get this $20 and get as many boxes you can get wit it." 

"Now?" Noonie shouted back from the living room.

"Man, Noonie come get this shit or you ain't gettin' your cut!" Sorry ass niggas I swear he mumbled under his breath.

They made the silent exchange but I caught Noonie's quick size-up on me as I sat on the counter. I wanted to jump forward at this nigga but the teardrops on his face and grills at the bottom made me think otherwise. 

I got a slick mouth but i'm not a dumbass.

When Cut I guess got tired he wiped his hands with a paper towel and turned round to smile at me. "You real quiet back there, ma. You good? You thirsty?" he kept up this tone like we was chilling in a hotel and he was just about to ring up the bellboy to come up.

"Nah, well, I am a little thirsty."

On instinct, he reached down in the cooler and fished around. "Soda? Water?"

"You got water?"

"Yeah, of course. Here-" he tossed me a cold Zephyrhills and I drunk it all in almost seconds. I didn't even realize how thirsty I was nor did I come to the fact that I was literally watching Cut make the shit my mom was addicted to.

Was it shock? Was it denial? Was I checked out?

Bang bang bang bang

Someone was knocking at the screen door and it jolted me out of my thoughts. Cut put a finger over his mouth to signal me to be quiet as he walked out the kitchen. He pulled the makeshift curtain closed to stop anyone from looking I and from me looking out.

"Yo!" he announced himself.

Hey, Cut, I haven't seen you round here in a while. It was a lady voice. She sounded young and her voice was soft. 

"What it is, Sparkle? What you need, the usual? You know you ain't spot me or my niggas back after the last baby gram we spotted you. And who watching lil' Reese?"

Oh, Cut, you know shit been hard. And you know my mama watching Reese tonight. Why you asking so many questions? I just... I just need one more bump and i'm done, Cut. I- I promise."

"You always promising, Sparkle. Promise after promise after fuckin' promise. You promised to go back to school and get your phlebotomy license. You promised to get your daughter out of CPS. Then trickin'. Now you promising me you gonna quit this shit?"

I don't need you being a savior to me or preaching to me Cut, I got enough shit going on. Just- please- lemme just get a lil bit and I promise you won't see me. I'll- i'll make you feel good, I promise I will. Just a lil bit-"

I heard Cut suck his teeth and step back. "I'm good, Sparkle. I promise you I am. What we had in high school been dead and gone. Just- aye, Benny, walk Sparkle to the back." 

"You sure?" even I was as hesitatnt as Benji on that request.

"Yeah, spot her. She want to get high I ain't gonna stop her. 

"Aiight." Benji responded back to Cut in a If you say so kind of way and all I heard was the sound of footsteps shuffling across the floor, the back door closing slowly, and Cut coming back to the kitchen.

His brows were furrowed together and I could hear the bones in his jaw clench together. I'm guessing that was his ex.. And i'm guessing it bothered him to be dealing to an ex.. Then why he ain't stop himself and just say no?

I followed his motions carefully, my hands clamming up second by second. I watching him pull out a larger block of white out wrapped in seram out of the cabinets and hand it to me.

"Put this in your hoodie and let's go."

My eyes got big, almost to the point of falling out of my sockets. "What?" 

I heard After 7 - One Night Faintly from the closed door as he still stood there with his hand extended to me with the block of cocaine.

"You said you wanted to be down right?" his voice was cold, focused, Dark. "Then be down and put this in your hood and come on, ma." 

My throat suddenly became dry and I felt my legs turn to noodles. Without feeling his stare burn another hole in my chest, I grabbed the brick, tucked it along the hem of my tights, pulled my hoodie down to hide the bulge and walked ahead of Cut out the door and to his car. 

Before Sugar Hill was out of earshot, I heard Roemello in the background.

The boy you loved has become the man you feared.

How are we liking the story so far? I know I haven't done this bit in a while but i'm slowly coming back to engaging and just chit-chatting with y'all. I miss y'all I really do lol.

How we feeling about Cut now?

Do you think he should've served Sparkle?

Tbh I think Ana is in a catch 22 but I'm just hoping she realize where this is all headed before its too late. -Shrug- we'll see. 

See y'all next chapter. (: