20

I pulled back into the entrance of the B&Bs and like clockwork the junkies and the dope dealers were on opposite sides of the streets, playin' the same tired ass song they got used to hearing

A few of my then close friends was hangin' around with hoodies on and their hands in their pockets just waitin' for someone to come up to them for a dime or a 3.5 or even that white girl.

I'm glad I got out this shit. I had a sister to think about and what kind of example I'd be settin' if she saw me sellin' rock or cuttin' up dope in the kitchen?

I took a deep sigh, peering over the direction of Ana house tryna see if some shit was poppin' off. I couldn't really see shit from where I was.

I turned the headlights off in my car and just sat across the way, reaching my hand in my glovebox for my Ruger. I made sure to get this shit registered just in case a cop wanna act awky 'bout me havin' it.

I hope I ain't have to use this shit.

I was shuffling the gun around my waistband to conceal it and almost jumped out my draws.

"Aye nigga!" a dark-skinned nigga with freeform dreads and a mouth full of golds knocked on my car window with a nostalgic ass smile on his face.

It was Zeke. Ole Zoe boy Zeke.

My heart rate quickened thinkin' I was bout to get robbed and shit. And if these niggas see a gun they get a whole gleam in they eyes.

"Nigga I almost shotcho ass!" I exclaimed as my window rolled down to clap him up. Zeke snickered as we threw up the traditional blood gang signs in my car as a formality and just ran his hand through his matted locks.

"Man, I thought I'd neva see yo ass come round here no mo!" Zeke stated, that same smile never leaving. "What brings you down to the block after dark? Don't you got to get home to yo worryin' ass mama?"

"Nigga, fuck you, that's Ms. Dolly to ya bitch!" I playfully threw my fist in the direction of his stomach and he jumped back, striking my shoulder with his heavy handed ass fist.

"Damn, my nigga, why you not boxin'?" I sneered after laughing, rubbing my sore shoulder blade slowly with one hand, the other holding my waist.

"Man, a nigga not trying to punch a bag to MAYBE end up with brain damage. I'm good off that." Zeke made a 'shoo' motion with his hand, looked left and right, then ducked his head in my car through the window.

"You tryna cop tonight? I got them edibles the crackas been crazy 'bout."

I waved my hand in declination. "Nah, nigga. You know all I do is drink and roll dice, a nigga not tryna get gone off Fentanyl or some shit."

Zeke nodded, running his tongue across his teeth. "Bet. So.. why you hea?"

I gripped my hands on the steering wheel and leaned my body forward. "Ana text me some weird shit and I'm here to check on ha. You know ha mama been on some real bad shit and a nigga just lookin' out."

Zeke gave me a look a disbelief before jumping out my window and spinning in a circle with his arms in the air, busting out in laughter.

I swear I think this nigga be high off his own supply sometime.

Zeke came back to my window and just scoffed. "Nigga! You 'check in' wit yo grandma. You 'check in' at the post office to check your mail. You 'check in' when you 'bout to check into the Chobee to fuck a bitch. You don't just 'check in' on a bitch you was whole in love with and they mama unless you still love them. Who you lyin' to?"

I sucked my teeth, cutting my eyes at Zeke with a purse of my lips.

"Nigga, I know YOU not talkin' bout love. You still fuckin' on Christina on 14th? After she done aborted your child 3 times?"

Zeke's face frowned up and a punch in my arm came shortly after.

"My nigga why you even gotta bring up ole shit?" he was so up Christina ass her shit was heart-shaped. But that bitch was cheating on him and he kept trying to love on her.

"Alright, my nigga. One more of these and I'm gon' get out this car and have you on this concrete." I warned.

Zeke snickered like a hyena. "You gon let me fall on this dirty ass concrete? You cold, my nigga. Ice cold!"

We laughed for a short minute before Zeke tone got a lil more serious.

"Aye, uh, you ain't hear this from me but there's been a lot of action at Ana house today. You know I be on the porch just watchin' and shit not sittin' right."

As soon as he said that, 2 tall slim-figured men, 2 equally skinny women with bad wigs and hoe clothes dragged themselves out in front of one cocky ass mutha-fucka.

Me and Zeke both seen that shit and I guess Zeke saw I was bout to blow a whole gasket by the vein poppin' out of my forehead.

"Aiight, my nigga. Lemme know what you found out."

"Aiight man, bet." I ain't even look his way when he dapped me up. I just put my car back in drive and made my way to Ana porch.

Why was I feelin' sick?

Why was the sky feelin' extra gloomy out?

And was it bout to rain?

Sounds of thunder rolled by after streaks of lightning coated the sky. My mama always told me when it rains angels were crying.

Wonder who they was crying for in the projects tonight.

»»————- ♡ ————-«« »»————- ♡ ————-««

- Filler chapter! Hope you enjoyed.

Don't forget to like and comment!

Till next chapter~