Chapter 8

Hank wanted to get something to eat. He thought it would help cheer you up as well. You didn't really care all that much. You soon arrived at the Chicken Feed stand and Hank got out first. He almost got himself run over, but he was fine. You were about to follow after him once the vehicle passed, but Connor stopped you.

"Ms. (L/n), may I speak with you first?" He asked. You sighed.

"What is it?" 

"Why did you get so frightened before? Was it something I did?" He asked. You looked into his eyes. They shimmered a little. He looked...worried. No. It's impossible. 

"Forget it, Connor. It doesn't matter anymore."

"Lieutenant-"

"Leave it, Connor." You growled a little. He paused for a moment. 

"If that's what you wish." He replied. You turned and began to head over to Hank. "I apologize if I upset you." You stopped, stunned. You shut your eyes tight.

"Just shut up and come on." You muttered and went over to Hank. You stood next to him. He looked over at you.

"You want something to eat, (Y/n)? It'll be on me this time." He said. You were about to decline, but your stomach said otherwise, growling as you opened your mouth. Hank smirked. You sighed.

"Fine." You said.

"That's better." You smiled a little bit. Hank wasn't a father figure to you, but he was a friend. He was there for you when you needed him and that's what counted. You both understood each other. "Hey, Gary! Make two of them, would ya?" Hank said.

"You got it." He replied. Connor came over as Gary started on the second one. Hank rolled his eyes with a sigh.

"What is your problem? Don't you ever do as your told? Look, you don't have to follow us around like a poodle!" He said. Connor said nothing for a moment.

"I'm sorry for my behavior back at the police station. I didn't mean to be unpleasant." He said. Hank snorted a little bit of a laugh.

"Oh, wow. You even got a brown-nosing apology program. Guys at Cyberlife thought of everything, huh?" He said. You still said nothing, not wanting to talk. Gary soon turned around.

"Here you go." He said, giving each of you a meal, except for Connor. Can androids actually eat? I mean, I guess they don't NEED to, but can they? It was a random question, but it was a good one. You pushed it aside. It didn't really matter all that much. 

You both took your meals thankfully. Hank looked eager to dig into his. You didn't come here often and it had been a while since your last visit. You were curious to remember what the food tasted like. Hank said it was the best, so you trusted him. You knew it was good, but you couldn't remember how good. When was the last time I came here? I only ever come with Hank.

"Ah! Thanks, Gary. I'm starvin'!" Hank said. You nodded to Gary and he seemed to understand that you were trying to be polite, but today was not a good day.

"You enjoy it too, (Y/n)." You gave him a little appreciative smile to show you were thankful for his efforts to help. You followed Hank over to a table.

"Hey, don't you two leave that thing here, though!" He called, pointing at Connor.

"Huh, not a chance! Follows us everywhere." Hank replied. Connor came over too. "See?" Hank said. He leaned on the table. You avoided eye contact with him, still not wanting to say anything to him.

"Your meals contain 1.4 times the recommended daily intake of calories and twice the cholesterol level each. You shouldn't eat that." He pointed out. Hank shrugged.