Chapter 118

You and Connor were sleeping peacefully until you heard a loud cry. You both woke up, startled. You looked at each other before realizing neither of you had made the noise. You heard it again and you rushed to see what was going on. You were stunned to see Resinilly on the ground, panting hard with Jackson pacing worriedly around her. She let out another scream and you instantly knew what was happening. 

"Connor! Go get one of my old blankets and bring it to the cats' room!" You told him. He nodded and hurried off. You carefully picked up Resinilly and moved her to the cat room. You held her until Connor came back. "Put it over their bed, quickly!" Connor did as told and you gently rested your cat on the blanket. Jackson quickly hopped up to where their bed was and sat there, watching his mate with worry.

"What's wrong with her?" Connor asked.

"I don't know how I didn't notice, but she's having kittens!" You exclaimed with a smile. Connor smiled too until Resinilly cried out again.

"Is there anything we can do for her?" He asked.

"She's safe and comfortable and we have the blanket so she doesn't make a mess. That's all we can do. Jackson, come and get us if something goes wrong. We'll be right outside in the living room okay?" You told him. He nodded and went back to watching his mate. You both left and waited quietly out on the couch. Connor wrapped an arm around you as you heard the cat cry out a few more times. Jackson didn't come running though, so you hoped she was alright.

Soon, Jackson came bounding out and you saw how happy and energetic he looked. You smiled. Connor looked at you for confirmation. "I think we have kittens to go meet." You told him. He smiled and you both followed Jackson into the room. You only turned on the lamp light so you didn't shine anything in their eyes. They couldn't see yet, but the flash would confuse them. You smiled as you saw all of them. They mewled and wriggled as they started to gain what little sense of direction they had. 

"They're adorable." Connor said, holding you. "What should we name them?" He asked. You hummed, thinking about it. 

"How about..."

"Zayree?" You suggested for the first kitten

"Zayree?" Connor asked.

"Yeah. It's unique and it has a nice proper sound to it." Connor thought about it.

"That's a good one for him." You smiled. 

"Now, you name the next one." You told him. He looked at them and he smiled as he pointed to one of the girls.

 He looked at them and he smiled as he pointed to one of the girls