Chapter 133

(Don't play video yet, please.....YA  D E V I A N T S)

Connor's POV

It had been almost another full week now. We had been staying with the family for a while now. I was honestly relieved it had gone by so fast. I wanted to get back to (Y/n) as soon as possible. It was weird though. We hadn't called each other since I called her at night a little while back. I had wanted to call her, but...something was telling me not to. Maybe she'd call me instead. 

I was inside on the computer looking at a few things. Mrs. Nickle came in after a few minutes. She smiled at me. 

"I thought you'd be here. You boys do seem to work hard." She commented.

"Don't you?" I asked.

"There isn't much to work hard on at my job. I make the sermon, take office calls, and help out with certain things like that. It's the busiest on important scheduled weeks that come every year, but normally I don't have too much to do. It's a good job, it pays fairly well, and it fits my pace these days. When I was younger I wanted a challenge, and I got it, but I went back to the office as things started picking up pace as I started slowing down. The girl that had replaced me in the office wanted to have a position like mine, so we swapped. She moved up and I went back to what I thought was too little, but ended up being just right." She explained. I nodded. 

"I suppose that makes sense." She nodded. "I'm planning on retiring a few years after all of the kids are out of school. But anyway, enough about me. Would you like to come and join us outside? The boys are playing with the frisbee and the girls are planning on going swimming once they want to cool down. They're tanning right now." I thought about it. I still didn't know that much about the family. Well, I didn't know many personal things about the family. I suppose learning about them wouldn't hurt. Maybe I'll get something useful out of them. Still, it'll be nice either way.

"That sounds nice. I won't be able to join them with swimming though. I don't own a suit of any kind." I said, standing up. 

"Oh, not a problem! I'm sure we can find you something. I think you're about Koen's size around the waist. I know he has a few different pairs. I'll ask Symphony to talk to him about it." I was surprised.

"On, no, that's alright." She smiled and guided me out of the room.

"I insist, Connor." I smiled thankfully at her and we headed outside. 

I saw that the girls were all by the pool, chatting as they laid in the comfy looking pool-side reclining chairs. These people really do have everything. I turned and saw Aryan and Koen tossing the frisbee back and forth as Sumo and Tundra raced after it at full speed, always scrambling to a halt to stop themselves from crashing into the boys once one or the other caught it.

I chuckled at the sight. The boys laughed as they had fun together. Tiffiny went over to Symphony. The two talked and Symphony called out to Koen.

"Koen!" He paused. He threw the frisbee. 

"Go get it, you two!" He called to the dogs. They took off, barking in excitement. He came over. They talked and he nodded. He came over to me. He hummed.

"Yeah, they'll fit. Come on, Connor! We were about to be done with the frisbee anyway." He said. "Hey, Aryan! We're gonna start swimming!" 

"Alright! I'll get the frisbee and then I'll go change!" He called. Koen nodded and led me inside. He led me downstairs to what appeared to be a guest bedroom that had been transformed into a shared bedroom between him and Symphony. He pulled open one of the dresser drawers. He started to dig through it. He smiled.