Chapter 157

You groaned as you woke up. Bright lights blinded you yet again as you opened your eyes. I should really be used to this by now. You tried to sit up, but a sharp pain coming from your abdomen stopped you. You gasped as your hand raced to the spot, attempting to aid the pain.

The pain soon subsided and you laid back down, your body relaxing once more. You sighed heavily. You turned your head back and forth, taking in your surroundings. You recognized the place you were in to be Kamski's workshop. The table was set up like a hospital bed this time, however. You were thankful for that. You had never liked how uncomfortable it had been before. 

Soon, you tried to sit up again, taking it slower this time. The pain still returned, but it wasn't as harsh as the first time. You pushed through it, forcing yourself to get up.

You slowly moved your legs so they were dangling off the edge of the 'bed'. Just as you were about to attempt to stand, you heard a voice. It was one you knew well.

"I wouldn't try that so soon, Miss (L/n)." You turned.

"Hello to you too, Elijah." He gave you a sort of smile and a nod.

"It is good to see you're recovering swiftly, but it would be in your best interest to take it easy." You nodded. Your head began to hurt and you groaned again.

"I blacked out again, didn't I?" You asked.

"It would appear so, yes." He agreed. 

"God, what happened while I was out this time?" You asked.

"I'm afraid that is not something you are going to enjoy hearing." He told you. You frowned.

"What?" You asked. He sighed.

"(Y/n), you were brought here by a friend of yours. You were pale and it was clear that you had lost a fair amount of blood. Too much." You began to put the pieces together. Your eyes widened. Oh god... "I was able to revive you, but the infant had been making you ill. I'm sorry." Tears were already in your eyes.

"N-no..." Your hands went to your stomach, trying to hold the child you knew was no longer there. 

"The child died as I was working on reviving you. There was nothing I could do." He explained. You nodded. You took a shaky breath, knowing that it was probably for the best anyway. 

"T-thank you, Elijah. W-when should I be well enough to leave?" You asked.

"The end of today. Your two friends and your sister are outside waiting to see you." You grew alarmed at the last one.

"My sister!? Have they told her where I'm staying!?"

"No. Nobody knows where you are staying. Both of them understood that you wanted to keep it that way." He replied. You sighed in relief.

"I-I'm sorry, I just..." You paused. "This is all so much and it's been so hard. I'm not ready to be found yet. Though...it'll probably be soon now. I have no reason to stay away anymore." You said sadly. Elijah said nothing for a moment. Then, you felt his hand on your shoulder.

"I understand none of this was planned and it couldn't possibly be easy, but I want to tell you something." You nodded, willing to listen. "When you and Connor first came here seeking information, I could already tell that he was deviating. I knew that he had feelings for you. It was obvious which is why I brought it up. I wanted to see what he would do. I think if you gave it a shot to see what he would do if you came back," He began. "you'd be pleasantly surprised. Perhaps you have been hidden long enough, but I would never pressure you into something. The choice is yours." He said. "Shall I call in your company?" He asked. You nodded.