~70~

Your P.O.V

"Did you tell him?" Laurance approached me the same way he had yesterday. Scaring me slightly with his tone and making me move backwards. This time he decided to terrify me right before lunch.

My eyes traveled from his eyes, to his waist. I couldn't look this man in the eyes and tell him the truth or a lie. Lieing to Laurance would do nothing but backfire, and I knew that. So the worse truth it was.

"No, I cou-"

He stopped me instantly, interrupting.

"Okay fine, I will." He said, and he had already taken one large step to get past me. I moved with him taking a small step into his way and putting my hands on his chest.

"Just let me. It sounds so much worse coming from you and you know it." I looked up at him with pleading eyes.

"That's why I told you to yesterday. Go tell him right now or I-"

"I see we're having a fun time without me."

He had startled me and by the look on Laurance's face, Laurance aswell. I turned my head back quickly once to glance at Garroth but then back at Laurance. I debated punching Laurance as hard as I could before I turned around to face Garroth aswell.

He looked confused, as one would after finding their bestfriend and girlfriend arguing. I couldn't figure out if he was looking towards me or Laurance so I decided he must have been looking somewhere between our height difference.

"Y/N slept with Gene." Laurance said instantly, before I could even open my mouth to speak.

In that instant I prayed Garroth was looking at me to see my expression. Because boy was I shocked. I glared back at Laurance.

"Is that what he told you. And you just believed that psychopath?" I asked not controlling the shock in my tone.

"Seems plausible to me." Laurance shrugged as if it had meant nothing.

I ignored Laurance and turned back to Garroth, wanting nothing more than to walk away from Laurance with him. Garroth was looking down at me as if he were deaf and hadn't heard a word either of us had said.

"That's not- that's not true baby don't listen to that." I placed one hand on Garroth's chest and one on the side of his neck. I pushed at his chest lightly, trying to get him to walk farther away.

I had shocked myself with my words. I never called Garroth anything other then his name or 'Gar' which was still a part of his name. Apparently with desperation came new nicknames. Garroth still seemed as though he was looking through me instead of at me.

"I don't understan-" He started slowly but I was already ready to cut him off.

"Can we please just walk away, please?" Garroth still stared back at me but he began walking backwards regardless. I looked back only once at Laurance, he hadn't moved but shook his head at me when we made eye contact. I watched him turn around and walk in the other direction.

"I don't understand. When would you have slept with Gene?" Garroth looked down at me more confused now.

I nearly sighed in relief. So he too had thought it was ridiculous that I would sleep with Gene.

"At the lodge," I said, "but-"

"So you did?" Garroth asked instantly. He looked just as surprised as I felt.

"What? No, of course not. He asked me too," I said, making the story as short as possible, "but I didn't."

"He ask- when did you talk to Gene? Why wouldn't you tell me that?" Garroth asked.