~48~

Your P.O.V

"So you broke up?" Cadenza was loud and almost sounded angry.

"Yes." I said slightly hesitant.

Garroth hadn't said much which made me slightly nervous to say anything. I'd rather believe that he didn't say anything because he was stuffing his face with macaroni and cheese that he made the Baseball coach warm up in the teachers lounge.

"For what." Cadenza yelled again making me move my head back.

That was the question we didn't have an answer for.

"Because." I said although it didn't come out very convincing.

"Is it because of what I said?" Aphmau asked suddenly, she had been slient before and hearing her voice was almost a surprise.

It took me a moment to even realise what she was talking about. She had told us she didn't want to date Garroth or Laurance because she didn't know them well at the time. But thats exactly what I did.

"What'd you say?" Garroth asked, I wished he had just kept eating his mac and cheese.

Aphmau instantly looked worried as she looked from Garroth to me and back to Garroth.

"Just that you didn't really know eachother when you started dating." Aphmau said slowly.

Garroth nodded and leaned back without saying anything else. I looked over at him but didn't get any information. He looked exactly as he had before, like he wasn't interested in saying anything. I wished I was able to read his mind but it always seemed like he blocked himself off when I wanted to know what he was thinking.

I turned my head to the other side and almost jumped back. Katelyn had definitely been sitting next to me before but now Cadenza's angry face was staring at me.

"You're lieing." She whispered.

"What?" I asked trying to act as though I had no idea what she was talking about, even though I have a pretty good idea of what she's talking about.

Cadenza gave me a look that seemed like disappointment before she grabbed my hand and stood up, strugling to get me to stand.

"Where are we going?" I asked standing up but not letting her pull me.

"Throwing trash away." Cadenza said not sounding convincing at all but she did hold up an empty bag.

Cadenza walked afew steps and when I didn't come with she pulled on my wrist almost making me trip over my seat.

"Why are you lieing to us?" Cadenza asked as soon as we reached the nearest trash can. I was surprised she was keeping her voice down.

"What? I'm not." I said trying my best to sound convincing although Cadenza was already making me nervous.

"Y/N I've known Garroth since I was in seventh grade, he's like my second brother. Laurance might be completely oblivious but I see the way Garroth looks at you. Like you're the only person in the room. There's no way he would break up with you, even if it was mutual." Cadenza crossed her arms across her chest.

"Well that's what happened." I said after a moment. What else was I supposed to say.

"I don't believe you." Cadenza said simply.

"Okay," I let out a stiffled laugh, "then don't believe me." Cadenza glared at me before she spoke again.

"I don't." Cadenza repeated. I looked at her for a second with my mouth open. She looked so serious I had no idea what to say. When the bell rang I gave Cadenza a small smile and walked to the doorway relieved. Saved by the bell once again.