~51~

Your P.O.V

I practically skipped to my group of friends in the morning and to any bystander I probably looked like an idiot. I took a large step onto the side of the stone fountain and walked around Laurance who  was siting on the side of it. I jumped off when I reached Garroth's side. He looked down at me completely disregarding whatever conversation had been going on.

"Thank you." I said putting my hand on Garroth's shoulder and pushing down lightly until he leaned to the side so I could kiss his cheek.

"For what?" Garroth asked as he stood back up straight. His voice sounded completely clueless but he was smirking so it was obvious he knew what I was talking about.

"You know what." I said.

"Yeah, I do." He sighed, cockiness pouring out of his mouth.

"What did you say to them?" I asked. Garroth shrugged.

"Nothing." He said. I gave him a confused look.

"What you're not going to tell me?" I asked. In very small motions Garroth shook his head no. "Why not?"

"You don't need to know." Garroth said. He was smiling slightly but I don't know what about.

"Why not?" I repeated.

"I'll tell you later." Garroth said. And before I was able to respond he was pulling me closer by my waist and kissing my lips. Which I knew was purely to shut me up.

I pounded my hand on his chest and pulled my upper body away from him, giving him a dirty look as I did. Garroth looked down and gave me and equally as dirty look. I turned away from him and towards our group of friends but Garroth was still holding onto my waist and keeping me as close to him as possible. Katelyn looked at me and pointed to her open mouth, trying to tell me she was disgusted. I gave her a 'whatever' look and crossed my arms.

                    ---------------------

"Hey Mom," I said it half as a question and half as a statement. My mother looked back at me from the couch but she said nothing. "what did Garroth tell you when he talked to you."
My Mom looked at me confused for a moment.

"Why don't you ask him." Mom asked. She was turned partially around and looking at me from the couch.

"I did. He refuses to tell me." I said.

"Well then I'm not gonna tell you." Mom stated before she turned away from me.

"What? Why not?" I asked.

"If he won't tell you there's probably a reason for that. I'm not gonna rat the poor boy out."

"But why wouldn't he tell me? What was so bad that I can't know?" I asked. Even though she was turned away from me I could still see that she shrugged her shoulders at me.

"Nothing was bad. Didn't you tell me the last time I was home that he gets nervous easily. Maybe he's embarrassed." Mom suggested, which made sence.

"He's not embarrassed." I said "You should have heard how proud he was that he said something to you."

"Then I don't know Y/N. And Katelyn stopped by just afew minutes after school got out. She asked if you were here, told me to tell you to come to the cafe." Mom said.

"I didn't know anybody was going to the cafe. Why didn't she just text me?" I asked. Mom looked over her shoulder at me and shrugged. "Okay." I sighed setting my bookbag down and turning around to walk out the door.

                    --------------------

It's normal for all of the girls in our friend group to meet at the cafe. It is not normal for me to be the last one there, or for every girl at the table to turn and stare at me as I walk through the double glass doors.