~72~

Your P.O.V

I wasn't looking for Garroth on my way to art. Infact, had I known he was at his locker I might have avoided walking in his direction. Garroth never seemed unwilling to talk to me, until now. He never seemed angry with me, only disappointed, which in most ways is worse.

Although after barely glancing towards him and seeing that he was speaking to Gene, I was not about to walk away. Actually, I thought about it, but only to find someone else. The outcome of their interactions could always end in one punching the other, which wouldn't be something I could stop.

"-Laurance isn't dense." I heard Garroth say as I neared him, he was facing away from me but I waisted no time getting his attention.

I grabbed onto his fingers. Not looking up towards him or Gene, although I still knew that Garroth never looked back at me.

"You're joking right? I thought you were at least a little bit smarter than that."

Garroth didn't respond. Gene scoffed before his footsteps could be heard walking away. Before I got the chance to look up Garroth pulled his hand from mine. He stayed quiet for just long enough to make me speak.

"What'd he say to you?" I asked.

Garroth sighed, looking above me instead of at me.

"You didn't sleep together." Garroth said.

I could practically feel my eyes light up but I prayed silently Garroth wouldn't notice. I don't know why Gene would say such a thing but it sure did help me out.

"So you believe me now?" I asked, my voice unintentionally loud.

"I always believed you." Garroth said.

He turned around and opened his locker. Sticking his full hand into it he dropped a book and let it hit the bottom of the locker with a bang.

"But you said-"

"I know what I said." He said quickly, "You are killing me inside, lying to me. Don't you get that. So I'm sorry I yelled at you, or whatever I did that's upsetting you, but I get to be pissed off just this once." He looked down at me this time, holding one finger in the air. He said it as more of a question, as if he had been asking me if he was allowed to be angry.

"I'm not upset with you." I said truthfully, my voice calm now.

"You're not?" Garroth asked, he sounded genuinely surprised.

"No." I said shaking my head.

The bell rang behind me, feeling as though it would shake my eardrums. Neither of us moved.

"Then why did your brother show up at my house to yell at me?" Garroth asked, his held out hand turned from a pointed finger to a held out hand.

"Marcus came to your house?" I asked. I was surprised but should I really have been, Marcus wasn't really predictable when it came to me and boys.

"Yeah, and he called me ugly." Garroth said, his voice filled with nothing but offense now.

I placed a hand on my forehead, embarrassed for no one other than Marcus.

"Sorry." I mumbled.

"It's alright, I wasn't really affected." Garroth shrugged.

"No not-," I sighed, "That he came to your house not that he called you ugly."

He shrugged again.

"It's alright, he was right." Garroth said.

"About what?" I asked.

"You're a fragile woman, and I can't yell at you." Garroth said raising his eyebrows towards me and smirking.

"I am not." I said narrowing my eyebrows at him.

"I know." He said and placed a hand on the side of my head. He pulled me forward and placed a kiss on my forhead as he walked past me.

                    ----------------------

"What the hell are you doing showing up at Garroth's unannounced?" I asked. I hadn't even known if Marcus was within ears reach of me, I swung the front door open and assumed.

Marcus looked up at me from the kitchen table. For a moment he just stared me, as if his ears were ringing. And then his face lit up and his eyes went wide.

"So he talked to you? Did you make up? Are things better now?" Marcus asked.

"No they are not." I said only partially confident in my answer, "Why would you think you can just go to his house and yell at him?"

"Because I can and I did. What do you mean no?"

"I mean no. Why would you showing up to yell at him do anything." I asked, holding my hands out and waiting for an answer. Marcus shrugged.

"Garroth seems pretty understanding to me." He said.

"Yeah, that's because he is." I said raising my eyebrows at Marcus as if it had been obvious.

"Okay, so he should have gotten over it by now and you should be fine." Marcus shifted in his seat as I finally began walking towards the kitchen and out of the living room.

"He's allowed to have feelings Marcus. Of coarse I want him to get over it, but that's just not fair. I've been a complete bitch to him." I said. I pulled a chair from the kitchen table towards me and away from the island to sit down.

"No you have not." Marcus glared at me as if I had been talking bad about myself.

I glared at him knowing full well he didn't know the full story.

"Yes, I have, I know I have. Garroth does too." I said. I leaned my elbows on the countertop and propped up my head. Marcus leaned forward.

"But you talked to him, so he's getting over it. What'd he say." Marcus asked.

I paused, not sure if I could really tell Marcus anything without telling him everything. After all he had already learned every thing else going on in my life just a few days prior.

"The guy who I told you about, the one who was saying we slept together, he told Garroth we didn't." I said slowly.

"Why would he do that?" Marcus asked instantly.

"I," I paused again, shaking my head slightly, "I don't really know. I think maybe it wasn't his intention, he told Laurance something else and it came back wrong."

"But Garroth knows you didn't cheat on him, so he can't be mad anymore." Marcus said, very certain about it.

"I still kept it from him, along with a multitude of other things." I sighed.

"Oh Jesus tell him to get over it, I will be beating that boy senseless." Marcus said raising his voice slightly and rolling his eyes dramatically. I laughed, but only at the fact that Marcus thinks he can call Garroth a boy when he's only four years older than the two of us.

"Okay, I will."