~46~

Your P.O.V

We all stood in a circle waiting for first bell to ring. It had been an awkward silence since the first person arived, if we could have gotten any quieter it definitely would have happened when Dante showed up. His cheek bones were bruised along with a large dark bruise right above his eyes. Laurance was on his phone and if you read his facial expressions you would have thought everything was normal.

"So, is no one going to adress the clear issue." Travis looked nervous to even be breaking the silence.

"What issue?" Laurance asked, my mouth fell open in shook. I was surprised he even said anything.

"What issue?" Dante seemed just as angry as he was last night, "You slammed my face against a locker, and then punched me. Multiple times."

"You kissed my sister." Laurance's voice was louder and angrier than Dante's, which I found odd. I had pictured Laurance feeling sorry and apologizing for what happened.

"Why does that matter Laurance. You don't get to beat him up over it, Cadenza's not your property." Garroth was quiet and I could instantly tell he was hesitent about saying anything. Laurance looked at Garroth with angry eyes that I've never seen on him before.

"Of all people I thought you'd have my back." He said.

"What kind of psychopath do you think I am. You were way out of line." Garroth said.

"How is this any different than Gene kissing Y/N?" Laurance tilted his head to the side waiting for an answer. My eyes instantly widened and I looked at Garroth who look just as surprised.

"How is this different?" Garroth repeated sounding slightly confused, "Y/N is my girlfriend, not my sister. And Cadenza doesn't have a boyfriend, she can kiss anyone she wants."

"That doesn't mean Dante can put his tounge down her throat." Laurance said.

"For the record I didn't." Dante said much quieter than the last time he spoke.

"How is it different than the amount of girls who have had your tongue down their throat." Lucinda was looking at Laurance with her eyebrows raised.

"I have never kissed anyone without permission. Weather you believe it or not." Laurance almost looked offended. He stared at Lucinda for a minute before he turned and walked away towards the front doors of the school.

"What's wrong with him, he start doing drugs or something." Travis asked  hopefully partially as a joke.

"He needs to grow a pair." Cadenza said, she was looking down at her phone and was probably trying to ignore everything that was being said. Everyone looked at Cadenza for a moment most of us surprised, although I'm sure Dante was less surprised and more pleased. Everyone turned around when the bell rang, everyone with the same relieved expression on their face. I followed Garroth as he began walking to the door.

"I think he's right." I said, Garroth turned to look at me with a confused expression, "Not that it was right for him to beat Dante senseless. I mean that he thinks Dante grabbed Cadenza and pushed himself onto her. And that's actually something to be mad at."

"He kinda did." Garroth said.

"That's not what I saw. Cadenza could of pushed him away and slapped him if she wanted." I said, Garroth shrugged.

"Laurance just doesn't want to come to terms with the fact that Cadenza might like Dante, weather that be a good decision or not." Garroth said catching the doors to the school before they closed on us.

                      ----------------------

"Was it nice?" Aphmau aksed. She was laying on my living room floor looking up at the cieling. Lucinda, Katelyn, Cadenza, and I were all sitting on the couch looking down at her. Aphmau's remark made everyone other than Cadenza smile.

"No, I don't know. Why does it matter." Cadenza seemed flustered.

"I figure Dante is a pretty good kisser considering how many girls keep going back for another taste."

"Don't say that he isn't a pie." Cadenza snapped, her voice a mix of offence and disgust.

"So what are you gonna date him now?" Katelyn asked turning away from Aphmau and towards Cadenza.

"I'm not answering that." Cadenza said picking up her plastic to go cup and taking a sip out of the straw. Everyone looked at Cadenza in silence for a moment. "Talk about something else." Cadenza said holding her hands out in a 'what are you looking at' motion.

"Fine. Lucinda are you going to date Laurance." Aphmau turned her head on the floor so she could see Lucinda.

"Umm, talk about something else." Lucinda laughed putting her head in her hands for less then a second before she lifted it up. "I don't know."

"Well what about that girl he was kissing?" I asked.

"I don't know. He's nice to me when I'm around and then he runs around like a wild dog." Lucinda said crossing her arms over her chest.

"Tell me about it." Cadenza snickered.

"What about you Aphmau? You haven't dated anyone since you got to Pheonix Drop." Lucinda asked.

"Well Katelyn is with Travis, Y/N is with Garroth, Cadenza is talking to Dante, and you're talking to Laurance. So I'm butt outa luck." Aphmau said although she didn't seem fazed at all.

"There's other guys in the school Aphmau." Katelyn said leaning her elbow on the hard, cup holder part of the couch.

"Yeah and you already had your chance with Garroth and Laurance. You don't get another one." Lucinda joked.

"I don't want another one." Aphmau said. She sat up on the floor and pulled her knees up to her chest. Aphmau raised her eyebrows and rolled her eyes at the thought.

I had never really gotten a full description of what happened last year. Aphmau was blackmailed by Gene, just as I had been, with pictures of her kissing Garroth and Laurance. Gene told me that Garroth and Laurance had a falling out over it, but I'm never entirely sure if I can believe him.

"Why not?" I asked. Even after everything that happened with Gene and I, I still went back to Garroth. Aphmau just seemed to drop any romantic involvement with both Laurance and Garroth, or at least thats how it seemed.

"Too much drama. With Ivy and Michi and Gene." Aphmau said, "And I didn't really know Garroth or Laurance back then, they just kinda came onto me." Aphmau stated.

"I didn't really know Garroth when we started dating." I said, not trying to argue with Aphmau, but thinking aloud.

Everyone was silent for a long minute, probably trying to think of something to say that wouldn't upset me. We had started dating only, maybe, four weeks after having met. After having asked me out, Garroth has apologized multiple times for being a quote on quote 'chicken'and not taking me on any dates. But not going on dates doesn't bother me, I've never been a really romantic person.

"You don't need to know a person well to date them. That's how you find out if you hate them or not." Cadenza said. Her words sounded natural, like she didn't need to forcefully say something nice.

"Is that why you're gonna hook up with Dante?" Katelyn asked a small smirk on her face.

"I'm not gonna hook up with Dante, besides I know him." Cadenza said glaring at Katelyn.