~50~

Your P.O.V

"Y/N." Marcus knocked on my door twice.

"Yeah?" I asked giving Marcus a signal to come in. Marcus pushed my door wide open and stared at me without speaking. "What?"

"You and Garroth broke up?" He asked it as a question witch confused me considering he already knew the answer.

"Yes why?" I asked. I sat up on my bed and and looked across the room at him.

"And it was mutual?" He asked even though he knew the answer to that too.

"Yes why?" I repeated letting out a stiffled laugh.

"So why is he standing on our porch asking to talk to you." Marcus asked.

"That is a good question." I sighed standing up and walking past Marcus who was still waiting for me to give him an answer.

I walked down the stairs unintentionally fast and then swung the front door open just as fast. I looked up at Garroth giving him a look of 'what the heck'. Garroth had his hand touching the door frame but he wasn't leaning against it.

"What are you doing here?" I asked sounding more annoyed than I was, if that was possible.

"I just want to talk to you." Garroth said sounding almost disappointed.

I looked behind me seeing Marcus take the last few steps down the stairs. He stared at me not trying to hide that fact that he was being nosey.

I took a step out the door making Garroth take a step back. I closed the door behind me and talked instantly not giving Garroth the chance to.

"Now is not the time or place. You're lucky my parents are on a walk." I said partially through my teeth.

"I know Y/N. We can go to my house if you're that worried about it, I just want to talk for a minute." Garroth reached towards me and put his hand on my cheek.

"Fine." I said quietly and moved my body away from his hand. I stepped off the porch and onto the sidewalk. I got into Garroth's car moments before he did because of how far ahead I was.

I felt Garroth looking at me after he got into the car but when neither of us said anything he looked away and started the car. I didn't really want to talk to Garroth, not right now. Maybe not until my parents left. I don't owe him this talk, especially after he yelled at me the last time.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and held it in my hand for a moment, thinking about what to do with it. I opened my text messages and started typing.

Went to Katelyn's for a little bit. Girl emergency, be back soon.

Mom responded in only afew seconds.

Ok

I set my phone down in my lap. I looked out the window seeing all of the familiar houses on Garroth's street. Garroth got out of the car instantly after he parked, I followed after him walking fast around the car. I was right behind Garroth when he opened the door and I stepped in right after he did.

Garroth was looking down as he set his keys on the small table next to the door but I was looking forward. Zianna was standing at her island counter holding a cup filled with something. Across from her sat a man and a women both were sitting and presumably had been talking. Ironically I had seen both of the people this morning, because it was my Mom and Dad. For a moment I didn't even realize, after that I stood there purely shocked.

"I thought you were going to Katelyn's." My mom said instantly.

"I- where'd she go?" I asked hitting Garroth, who I'm sure hadn't even realised what was going on, with the back of my hand. Garroth put his own hand on his hip where I had hit him and gave me a look. Mom gave me a look as if she knew what was going on even though I'm pretty sure she has no idea.

"You said you weren't seeing anyone." My mom said and suddenly her tone sounded like she knew everything as well.

"What, you broke up?" Zianna chimmed in instantly sounding very disappointed.

Garroth opened his mouth like he was going to say something but he never did. It was quiet for what felt like a long uncomfortable minute. I was just about as speechless as Garroth so instead I opened the door behind me and turned around. I took a step out the door and reached behind me to grab onto Garroth and drag him with me.

I pulled him out of the doorway so forcefully it felt as though I was making him move more than his feet here. He stopped infront of me and I used my other hand to shut the door again. I crossed both my arms over my chest.

"Tell me." I said not meaning to sound as frustrated as I was because I know it's not Garroth's fault.

"W-what?" Garroth asked clearly confused.

"Tell me whatever it is you wanted to tell me." I said holding my hands out.

"I just, I don't want you to be mad at me. Even if you should because I was being a dick. And also I'm not mad at you cause I know you don't like Gene." Garroth said getting quieter and quieter as he talked.

"I appreciate that you realize you were being a dick. Now will you drive me home, I'm not going back in there." I said.

"Yeah, I can." Garroth said although he didn't sound even remotely happy about it.

                     ----------------------

I heard Garroths car pull away as I was entering opening my front door. I had never noticed his car being so loud before, or him leaving so quickly. Which I dont understand considering if I were him I would be dreading going back to my house. Marcus was sitting on the couch with his whole body spread across it. He looked at me with the amount of amusement he would give a tree.

"Where'd you go with Garroth." Marcus asked throwing a peice of popcorn into his mouth.

"Nowhere. Listen, I never broke up with Garroth. We were just saying that so I didn't have to tell Dad. And now your going to sit there silently while I have to explain that to our parents." I said attempting to sound like I had at least a little bit of authority.

"Okay." Marcus said.

"Okay?" I asked confused as to why that was his answer.

"I mean I figured you were lying. Considering you seem to break up often, the last time you actually seemed to care." Marcus said squinting at me.

I crossed my arms slightly frustrated that he was right. I took afew stepps forward towards the couch and pushed Marcus's legs off of it and sat down in their place.

It was a lot longer than I expected before my parents walked through the front door. And then it took multiple minutes for me to work up the courage to say anything to anyone. Even though I know thats what they were waiting for considering they were both sitting at the kitchen table. Eventually I stood up and then decided not to say anything while I stood by the counter.

"Garroth and I never broke up." I said eventually.

"I know, he told us." Mom said. I looked up from the floor at her confused.

"He did?" I asked.

"Yes he did, he told us everything actually. About how much he loves you and doesn't want to hurt you. And that we shouldn't be mad at you because it was his fault you lied." Mom said.

"Oh." I said surprised not knowing what to say.

"He's alright." Dad said sounding about as interested as Marcus had looked at me. I turned away and walked towards my room not surprised at all. At least he's 'alright'.