~42~

Your P.O.V

"What do you want from me." I asked picking up my phone that had been ringing non stop for the past two minutes.

"Oh so you think you can just go anywhere now and you don't have to tell me." Marcus yelled through the phone. I pulled my phone off of my ear slightly and then began talking.

"You're not my mom you can't controll where I go." I sighed leaning my face onto my hands. Garroth, who had probably been woken up by my phone too, reached out and took a piece of my hair. He twirled and wrapped it around his fingers.

"Technically," Marcus started, which made me roll my eyes, "I am older than you and I have signed multiple papers as one of your legal guardians. Therefore I am in charge of you and you have to tell me where you are."

"I'm at Garroth's." I said my voice coming out more robotic then I had meant.

"Well I know that, I'm not stupid. You could at least tell me when you're going to go breed with your boyfriend." Marcus said.

I made a face and turned my phone so I could see the screen, and then pressed the end call button. Garroth twisted my hair in his fingers and pushed the ends of my hair towards my lips. I puffed my cheeks out to blow at the hair and then looked at Garroth.

"Goodmorning." Garroth said. His voice was uneven and his voice cracked several times just saying one word.

"Goodmorning." I said smiling.

"Do you need to go?" Garroth asked letting go of my hair and letting his hand fall down onto the bed.

"No, Marcus is just being annoying." I said laying my head back down on a pillow but keeping my eyes on Garroth. "So last night, I talked to Gene." I don't know why I said it, I had to. Maybe my brain isnt capable of hiding every interaction I have with Gene from Garroth.

"Why?" Garroth asked after a silent pause that felt like it lasted six years.

"I just thought it was weird that he came to the game just to sit under the bleachers and smoke." I said. Garroth turned away from me and layed on his back.

"He's always there, at every home game. Every baseball, softball, basketball, volleyball, it doesnt matter." Garroth said.

"I've never seen him at a softball game." I said.

"That's not true." Garroth said, a tone in his voice that I couldnt match with any emotion. Or maybe that's just because he's never talked to me like that.

And Garroth's right, that isn't true. Because Garroth watched Gene kiss me after my game, and he knew Garroth was watching. But he just stood there and took it, even though he knew it was meant to be a shot at him.

"I mean other than when I broke up with you." I said my voice going extremely quiet.

"He's been there. Watching from the park." Garroth said.

I stayed silent for a moment not knowing what to say, or if it would be right to change the subject. I scooted my body closer to Garroth's and wraped an arm around his like a vine. "He also said he gets joy from watching you lose." I said. I moved my eyes up without moving my head and watched Garroth smirk and roll his eyes.

"Yeah well I get joy from punching him in the face so I guess were even." Garroth said. I smiled and pressed my forehead to his shoulder.

"Don't say that," I laughed, "you sound like an asshole."

                      --------------------

"Gimme the goods." Katelyn said, her head was right next to my ear as she pushed me so she could reach inside my locker and take the Nestle Crunch bar that sat at the top.