~75~

Your P.O.V

"Are you gonna have time to do your own hair Cad? I can curl Y/N's hair." Katelyn said.

Cadenza stood behind me as I sat. I could feel her gently pull my hair, making the large curls spread out and hang down farther. I watched Cadenza shake her head in the mirror.

"Or I can curl my own hair. Why do you guys insist on doing it for me?" I asked, they ignored me.

"No I'll be fine." She said.

"What're you doing to your own hair?" Nicole asked.

"I was gonna put two braids in the front of my hair." Cadenza said, she removed her hands from my hair so she could use hers to demonstrate the sections of hair she was talking about.

"Did you show Dante all that?" I asked, meaning her hair and dress by "all that".

"Nope," Cadenza said, "he didn't ask me."

I turned around to look at her, and it seemed everyone else did the same. Cadenza hadn't talked about it, but we had all pretty much assumed Dante had asked her.

"He didn't ask you to the dance?" Katelyn clarified.

"No, he didn't." Cadenza said sourly.

"Why wouldn't you tell us that." Katelyn spat instantly.

"I was kinda waiting for it." Cadenza said defensively, "I figured he'd ask me late cause he's, y'know, Dante. But now's a little late even for him."

"Ya think?" Katelyn asked.

"Whatever, he's stupid anyway." Cadenza said, although she didn't sound like she didn't care.

"Agreed." Katelyn leaned back onto the couch. She was the only one to not put her dress on yet, although her hair and makeup were all done so compared to us she was ahead of the game.

Cadenza finished, leaving each strand of my hair in part of a long spiral. I watched Cadenza sit down on the coffee table behind my chair. She looked at the mirror through the of her eyes as she braided the top of her hair.

Less than a minute later Katelyn appeared through the hallway, I hadn't even notice her leaving. She approached me slowly and turned herself around without saying a word. I zipped the back of her dress. Katelyn's dress was surprisingly simple, it was a dark blue with and open back, making the zipper extremely small. It had a long v-neck and ruffles at the bottom of the long dress.

"Good." She said turning around and facing me.

"Good." I repeated.

The doorbell rang but none of us moved or said anything. Only Katelyn after the long moment of silence.

"Go get the door." She whisper yelled, looking directly at me.

"No, I won't." I said through my teeth.

"It's Garroth." Katelyn spat.

"I know it's Garroth that's why I'm not getting the door." I spat back.

"I'll get it, I'll get it." Sasha whispered loudly towards the two of us.

She stepped around the ottoman and walked towards the door. We all watched her as she walked as if something spectacular would happen.

She opened the door silently and looked at whoever was there for a moment before she opened the door wider. Garroth stepped in first, which I had expected. His eyes lingered on Sasha for a moment before he scanned the room quickly and found me. I watched him as he walked around the side of the room. He held his hand out to me palm side up as he stood next to the table where I sat.