~47~

Your P.O.V

"Owey, I'm gonna cry." Garroth wined flapping his hands around as if they weren't even connected to him.

"Pull it off." I said, reaching up towards his face.

"No, I don't want to do this." Garroth said slapping my hands away from his face.

"Yes you did. You told me you wanted to." I laughed.

"No I didnt." Garroth said almost sounding offended.

"Yes you did." I laughed again, "Your exact words were 'lets do face masks like basic couples do'."

"I definitely did not say that." Garroth lied.

He put his hands on his hips like the drama queen he is and looked down at me. I took this as a good time to reach up and pull on the small part of the mask he had already ripped off.

Garroth instantly opened his mouth and looked at me surprised. His face became slightly red and blotchy from tearing at the skin. There were still small spots stuck to his skin on the sides of his face and a large bit stuck on his forehead.

"Uh ouch." Garroth stated raising his eyebrows at me.

"You were being a baby." I said handing him the wet hand towel I've been holding for fifteen minutes trying to convince him to pull it off. Garroth glared at me and then took the towel out of my hand. He looked at himself in the mirror for barely a second before he turned back to me.

"I look exactly the same." He said slightly unamused.

"Well yeah. You dont have any imperfections for it to get rid of." I said.

"That's disappointing." Garroth frowned and wrapped the towel around his pointer finger and then putting it up to his cheek.

I rolled my eyes as I herd a knock on my bedroom door. If anything I should be greatful that Marcus doesn't just open my door when he feels like talking to me. I left the bathroom and turned to open the door.

"What do you want?" I asked, my wording made it seem as if I were angry but in reality I was just asking.

"Mom just called. She and Dad will be home Friday." Marcus said.

"Oh. Okay." I said quietly not knowing what to say during the small silence between Marcus and I, "Bye." I said attempting to shut the door on him but he caught it and pushed it open instead.

"Why do you want me gone? What're you gonna do?" Marcus raised his eyebrows at me.

"Nothing, now leave." I sighed attempting to shut the door again.

"Nothing? So you're just going to sit and look at eachother?" Marcus asked catching the door once again.

"Marcus." I gave him my best set of 'leave me alone eyes' and stared at him until he put his hands up and turned around, letting me shut the door.

So Mom and Dad were both coming home in two days. Second time this year, how supportive. I understand that having to move and create a completely new building for your buisness in a different region does take time. They were already gone alot for work before we moved to Ru'uan, but not all day almost everyday.

I always saw my Dad a lot less than I see my Mom, but I don't mind much, Marcus is the golden child in his eyes. He never really talks to me much even when he's home, and even then it's always about things I'm doing wrong. Don't hang out with them their bad seeds. Why'd you get a B on this it looks easy. Why aren't you practicing softball.

I didn't even want to think about how he'd react to Garroth. But I didn't really need to think about it because I know exactly how it'd go. Does he play football. No. Real men play football.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing." I said walking past Garroth, who had come out of the bathroom with his face completely clean.

"Your parents are coming home." Garroth said, "Aren't you happy?"

I shrugged at him, making him pout at me in response.

"What are you sad for." Garroth asked using a baby voice and sitting down on my bed next to me.

"I'm not." I said leaning onto my back and looking sideways up at Garroth.

"You don't look very happy." Garroth said.

"I don't want to talk to my Dad," I said stopping only because I didn't want to sound mean. "about you."

"Why not. I'm pretty sure I left a great impression on your mother. Just saying." Garroth said in a way that made me think he was being completely serious.

"Because I just don't want to and you don't play football and I'm gonna get judged." I used my arms to turn my body around and lay in my stumach. My head was in the matress and I'm sure it was hard to hear me.

"If you really don't want to then just say we broke up." Garroth said.

I turned my shoulders and looked up at him confused, surprised he would even have mentioned such a thing.

"What?" I asked almost wanting to make sure I heard him right.

"If you really don't want to say anything you don't have to. If someone asks just say we broke up." Garroth shrugged like it wasn't a big deal.

"First of all, where did that come from? And second of all, wouldn't work because Katelyn's gonna be over and have you ever heard her lie. No because she doesn't she just opens her mouth and words just come out." I said.

"So then tell her the same thing." Garroth said raising an eyebrow at me.

"I-Who are you?" I asked still surprised.

"What?" Garroth looked at me and smiled, "Just tell her that and then when your parents leave say 'surprise just kidding'."

"Really?" I asked.

"Sure, if you want to." Garroth had sound completely confident before but after hearing my uncertain answer he sounded less sure.

"I don't think you can ignore me for that long." I said turning around fully so I was on my back again.

"I'm not gonna ignore you." Garroth furrowed his eyebrows at me.

"Oh so we broke up but you're still allowed to kiss me." I asked partially ready for Garroth to tell me he was joking about the whole thing.

"No." Garroth said it as if he had obviously known that, "We can be fake friends." Garroth moved to the side of me and put an arm and leg over top of me. He moved so he was in a sort of plank position, I moved my arms out to the side so Garroth could have his arms below my arm pits.

"Okay." I leaned my head back on the bed instead of streaching to look forward.

"Yeah?" Garroth almost sounded surprised that I was agreeing with him, "What's our story, who broke up with who?"

"Mutual." I said almost instantly although I'm sure some people in our friend group wouldn't believe that considering no one seems to believe Garroth is capable of breaking up with me.

"Mm okay." Garroth said after a moment.