chapter 37

After listening to Xue Qiu's narration of what he saw and heard in the backyard of the ticket office, Sheng Li asked a group of soldiers to go to the Ruicheng ticket office to ambush according to the route Xue Qiu pointed out. It takes too much time on this matter, after all, it involves too much, once it is a moment late, there may be more variables, and a quick solution is the best policy.

    The shopkeeper and his wife disappeared in Fengtai City overnight. The new shopkeeper said that they went back to his wife's hometown for the funeral, but the guests who came and went didn't care about this, they only cared about the wine. The ingredients of the dishes in the building are obviously the same as usual, but the taste is seven points worse, and there is no feeling that they can't stop, and a few hot-tempered ones lost their temper on the spot, saying that the restaurant is a big bully .

    After making an action plan with several assistants, Sheng Li came to visit Zhou Yourong in person with the white fox in his arms. The old man had said that he was sick for many days and was not staying in another hospital. Even Sheng Li was delayed in going in.

    It was Zhou Yourong's only son, Zhou Xiulin, who came to welcome Sheng Li. Since Zhou Yourong fell ill, he had been the chairman of the chamber of commerce. In suits, when looking at people, he smiles three-pointedly without saying a word, but he looks good-natured.

    He was obviously very surprised by Sheng Li's arrival, and he didn't know when his father had any contact with this Sheng Yan Wang.

    "My father and Mr. Zhou are old acquaintances. They used to study at the United Nations University together." Sheng Li's expression was calm, and he asked someone to take out a set of ancient books, and took out the first one, which was signed by Zhou Yourong on the title page.

    "My father once said that Mr. Zhou once sold books for money to save his life at school, so he ordered me to look for this set of ancient books. Now that I find them, I will send them here."

    This is indeed true. Zhou Xiulin remembered that his father once I said that he had a set of ancient books, which he sold at a low price because he was eager to spend money. In addition, although his father was in business, he boasted that he was a scholar, and he never wanted to make friends casually. Shuai Sheng will never use it as a talking point.

    Zhou Xiulin was 70% convinced, he bowed his hands to Sheng Li politely, "My father has been ill recently, it is inconvenient to entertain guests, why not..."

    "This set of books must be delivered to Mr. Zhou by hand." Sheng Li interrupted him, glanced at him casually, then stroked the white fox's fur, and stretched out his fingers to gently poke the white fox's chin. The fox purrs comfortably.

    Zhou Xiulin was startled, but still smiling, he said gently: "Young commander, please understand my feelings as a son of man. The doctors all said that father needs to rest recently."

    Sheng Li pondered for a moment, but did not say anything again. Forced to demand, "In that case, then Sheng will come back another day."

    Zhou Xiulin hurriedly said, "Thank you, Young Commander, for your understanding." He waved his hand to summon servants and asked them to carry away a box of ancient books. Sheng Li didn't want to keep any more, Saying goodbye and leaving, Zhou Xiulin politely held back a few words. Seeing that Sheng Li didn't pay attention and didn't say much, he turned around and was about to go in, when a white afterimage suddenly passed in front of him. He took a closer look, the furry Isn't the snow-white mass just the fox that was hugged by Sheng Li just now?

    Zhou Xiulin's heart skipped a beat, and he had a bad premonition for some reason; Sheng Li had already turned around, shouting "Xia Xia" while walking quickly to hug the fox, probably too anxious, even with his master. Without even a word of politeness, several subordinates hurried forward to apologize for their young commander, and the tall and burly soldiers stood there, blocking Zhou Xiulin tightly.

    All the servants of the Zhou Mansion saw this scene, they did not disperse, but instead took the initiative to gather around and try to rescue the master, Sheng Li was well-governed, and the soldiers under him would never rashly argue with unarmed ordinary people Therefore, although the force of these people was extraordinary, they could not stop them for too long.

    However, these few breaths of effort were enough for Xia Tian. The white fox was dexterous, and no one dared to hurt him. The little fox jumped up and down, climbed up to the roof in a short while, and ran all the way along the roof.

    Zhou Xiulin was guarded by his servants in the center. When he looked up, he saw the ball of white snow heading straight for the backyard. His expression darkened for a moment. He tried to calm down and looked in Sheng Li's direction, "Young commander, what are you doing?" The fox..."

    "Xia Xia has been spoiled by me and doesn't know the rules, so I'll take him back right away."

    Sheng Li's tone was gentle, and when he mentioned the name Xia Xia, he was still fond of it, and he didn't seem to scold the little fox for "not understanding the rules". After all, he didn't even look at Zhou Xiulin, and walked around He went straight to the backyard from the corridor courtyard, his aura was unrestrained, and the surrounding servants did not dare to step forward to stop him.

    "You!"

    Now Zhou Xiulin also understands, I am afraid that today Sheng Li originally wanted to go to the backyard, but if he didn't come to play, why is it today, obviously in the backyard in two days Things are about to be harvested!

    He straightened his shirt collar, and shouted into the yard: "What are you doing in a daze? Why don't you go and invite the fox out for the young commander!" Probably very angry, he raised his leg and kicked the standing away The boy closest to him said, "Don't get in the way here, get out of here immediately!" The

    boy was kicked and rolled on the ground by him, and he got up quickly and ran out of the other courtyard while muttering.

    However, the white fox had already run away without a trace, and the servants couldn't compare to Sheng Li's eyesight, so they could only swarm up in a chaotic manner, making the whole Zhou mansion go crazy.

    After Xia Tian ran not far away, he relied on the contract to feel Sheng Li's existence a little bit, and realized that the other party had caught up with him, so he quickened his pace and went straight to the backyard where Zhou Yourong lived. Smelling a disgusting smell, he stopped in his tracks, stretched out his paws and scratched the bluestone ground with a little irritability, and soon his body was gently hugged.

    Xia Tian quickly buried his head in Sheng Li's arms, until he felt the owner's breath completely enveloping him, then he let out a soft cry, Sheng Li tore off the military uniform casually, stuffed the little fox into his clothes, and then carried it like this Xia Tian, ​​who only showed his eyes outside, walked into the courtyard where Zhou Yourong lived.

    According to Zhou Xiulin, Zhou Yourong, who was ill and unable to see guests, was sitting under the plane tree in the courtyard drinking tea. When he saw someone pushing the door, he turned slightly, "Did you deliver the meal so early today?" His tone was lukewarm, not to say how nice it was.

    Sheng Li was slightly startled, "Old Zhou, it's me."

    "...Young Marshal?!" Zhou Yourong was stunned for a moment, then stood up abruptly, he walked forward a few steps excitedly, bumped the low table beside him, and asked eagerly: "But... But did you catch it?"

    Sheng Li looked around the courtyard in front of him, and said slowly: "The source of the goods was never found...now, it is clear." The

    Zhou Mansion was originally built in the outskirts of the city, and Zhou Yourong lives now. The yard is even more open like a horse farm. Except for the tall sycamore tree, the yard is full of small plants that have already borne fruit. Only occasionally two or three small flowers are still blooming, and the red petals are covered by greenery. It's more charming.

    However, that flower made Xia Tian shudder -

    poppy.