chapter 48

The next day was Xiumu, and Sheng Qingyun was having breakfast with his wife in the courtyard, when someone suddenly spread the word that the emperor and the imperial concubine had come to reward him.

    Sheng Qingyun and his wife looked at each other, full of doubts, but the emperor rewarded them to come forward to greet them, put down the dishes and tidy up their appearance, and hurried to the main entrance.

    Because there was no imperial decree for rewards, there was no incense table in the front hall, but ten large mahogany boxes were piled up to the brim. When Sheng Qingyun came out, the eunuch who delivered the order lifted the lid of a nearby box.

    The bright gold in the eyes almost dazzles people's eyes under the sunlight. Sheng Qingyun is used to seeing wealth and honor as a prime minister, but now seeing such a box full of gold bars, his heart skipped a beat. The eunuch opened it without saying a word. Another box cover was opened, and this box contained high-quality Dongzhu, each one was as big as a child's fist, and the color was shiny. The beads are collected in their own private treasury.

    However, Sheng Qingyun's expression gradually sank when he saw the box of Dongzhu.

    "Your Excellency, Mrs. Prime Minister, these were rewarded by the emperor and the imperial concubine to the eldest son. I don't know where the eldest son is?" the eunuch cupped his hands and said to the two.

    "This..." Sheng Qingyun didn't expect that the emperor and the noble concubine would really like this "Prince Concubine". He just gave an order yesterday to take good care of him and didn't care about it. Now he doesn't know where Sheng Li lives. Did not go to pass.

    The prime minister's wife hastily said: "The eldest son is stubborn and lazy. He has been called over now. Eunuch might as well go in and have a cup of morning tea. That child has never been very diligent. I'm afraid it will take a long time." Before he

    finished speaking, Sheng Li Ji came from a side path, he was neatly dressed, and his steps were firm and powerful. If he hadn't known in advance that he was born stupid, the eunuch would subconsciously think that this was someone's outstanding son.

    Sheng Li was led to him by the servant, and he never saluted Sheng Qingyun and his wife. Instead, he walked quickly to the ten large boxes, grabbed a handful of Dongzhu with his left hand, and squeezed a few gold bars with his right hand, laughing loudly. : "What a beautiful thing! Let me play first!" After finishing speaking, he looked at the eunuch again and asked, "I heard that these are all for me to play with, aren't they?"

    Before the eunuch could answer, Sheng Li was already lying on the ground, not caring at all that his delicate clothes were stained with mud, like an urchin rolling balls, he flicked several huge orbs back and forth, and one of them rolled out , just rolled along the path and rolled into a small pond on one side, only heard a soft "boom", and disappeared without even a bubble.

    Sheng Li let out an "ah" in disappointment, stood up and shook his head, "It's not fun."

    The eunuch didn't seem to notice that Sheng Li's behavior was inappropriate, but respectfully cupped his hands at him and said, "Back to the big eunuch!" The son's words are correct. These things are rewarded to you by the emperor and the imperial concubine. The emperor said that you can fill your private treasury and dispose of it at will, and you don't have to hand it over to others."

    Sheng Qingyun turned pale, he was very puzzled yesterday, the emperor How could a fool be allowed to be some kind of prince and concubine? Even if he wanted to take the opportunity to beat Concubine Duan's mother's family, he should have had a favorite candidate long ago. How could he choose someone from the Prime Minister's Mansion?