chapter 147

The appearance of the child in the tree hole is the same as that of the little tree spirit, but the pale skin and black lips are very different from the little tree spirit.

At this time, the hand of the child hanging by his side in the tree hole suddenly moved, and Xia Tian subconsciously grabbed the corner of Sheng Li's clothes, and he even took a step forward, blocking Sheng Li's side.

Sheng Li whispered: "Don't be afraid."

Before he finished speaking, the child's dangling hand shook more and more violently, and a moment later a gopher came out from under the pale hand, and ran desperately to the other side of the woods.

As the gopher ran away, the child's hand stopped shaking.

Sheng Li and Xia Tian looked at each other, and realized that maybe the gopher had dug a hole here and bit through the cover formed by the branches and leaves of the locust tree, which allowed the breath of the corpse to escape, attracting them.

The two turned their heads to look at the place they came from, and through the gaps in the flowers, they could still see the little tree spirit standing obediently under a locust tree waiting for them.

Sheng Li was silent for a moment, squatting down/body to push aside the entangled roots of the branches, and found that the roots did not grow from the ground, but turned from the meridians of the child lying in the tree hole.

He stretched out his hand to test his breath, looked at Xia Tian and shook his head slightly, "There is no more breath."

Xia Tian was startled, suddenly thought of something, lowered his voice and said eagerly: "Where is the heartbeat? Has the pulse stopped completely?"

Sheng Li nodded, and tried as he said, but was surprised to find that the roots extending from the meridians under his hands were vibrating spontaneously. He stretched out his hand and found that the child's heartbeat hadn't stopped.

"No wonder..." Sheng Li couldn't help murmuring, "If that's the case, it makes sense..."

Xia Tian didn't know what was going on, so he bent down and asked, "Is there a heartbeat? What's going on?" ?"

"This child should have fallen into this tree hole when he was dying, and happened to be inserted by the roots of this old locust tree. The locust tree absorbed his essence and blood to grow and prosper, and he also used the locust tree to get angry. Protected a trace of heart." Sheng Li looked around the environment and explained: "The ghost of the locust tree is the most psychic, and the dying person is most likely to be controlled by the locust tree." Xia Tian suddenly realized,

if In this way, there is an explanation for the unhindered movement of the little tree spirit in the Yin and Yang realms. The little tree spirit is now neither human nor ghost, neither alive nor dead, so Sheng Li couldn't detect the existence of the little tree spirit in the yin house at all. It wasn't until he had absorbed enough yang energy after coming to the yang world that he could see him.

"Then he still..." Xia Tian originally wanted to ask if the child could be saved, but Sheng Li guessed what he was thinking, and shook his head: "It's too late." After saying that, the two were

silent for a moment, and then spoke together again.

"What do you think?"

Before the words finished, the two couldn't help laughing, Xia Tian said: "I don't know how to deal with these things, the master can do what he says." "

Then let him come and have a look " Sheng Li glanced at the little tree spirit not far away, and said: "If it is him, this living soul has been away from the body for too long and it is impossible to save it. It is best to go to reincarnation immediately; if it is not for him, this corpse will not match his face They are so similar, there must be some connection."

"Can he still be reincarnated? Then let him come here quickly." Xia Tian was a little surprised and said hastily.

Sheng Li nodded, he casually pulled a branch of Sophora japonica, twisted it at his fingertips, and that branch of Sophora japonica quickly reached forward like a stretched human hand, then hooked around the waist of the little tree spirit, The child hugged him.

To their surprise, the closer they got to the old locust tree, the more agitated the little tree spirit became. At first he just looked around curiously, but soon turned into struggling and resisting, and finally covered his hands with his hands. He didn't dare to look at his cheeks, and cried out "king" and "madame" with tears, begging them not to let him pass.

However, the two of them had no choice but to harden their hearts and bring him over. Although this might be cruel to the little tree spirit, if the corpse really belonged to him, they would not allow him to see his own corpse with his own eyes, so that the living soul would be conscious. Once he has "dead", then when the roots of the old locust tree grow to his heart, the little tree spirit will completely disappear in the world because of the old locust tree's body, and there is no possibility of reincarnation. .

The Three Thousand Small World was born for the trial of the Dao of Heaven. Sheng Li and Xia Tian knew that even the little tree spirit in front of them was just a part of the trial of the Small World. Once Sheng Li's trial was completely over, the Three Thousand Small World Then it collapsed, and this little tree spirit would no longer exist; but as long as they could find a glimmer of life for him at this moment, they would never turn a blind eye to it, and now the roots of this old locust tree were about to penetrate into his body bit by bit. Heart, can't wait any longer.

The little tree spirit didn't know what was in that old locust tree, but he instinctively resisted approaching it, as if there was something more terrifying than the king there, which terrified him from the bottom of his heart.

However, no matter how reluctant he was, he was brought to the old locust tree. Xia Tian first pulled a few clumps of flower branches to block the corpse in the tree hole, then squatted down beside the little tree spirit, and gently raised his hand to caress his cheeks. He didn't immediately ask him to open his eyes to look at the dead body in the old locust tree, but coaxed him softly: "Don't be afraid, let me ask you first, do you know that you have... passed away?" Xiao

Shu Ling's body was still trembling, but his mood was obviously much calmer than at the beginning. He shook his head blankly and whispered, "I... am I dead?" Compared with

Xia Tian's gentleness, Sheng Li's words were more It is much more straightforward, he said from the side: "Yes, you are dead, so you can come and go freely between the Yin and Yang realms." "

Ah..." The little tree spirit opened his mouth blankly, obviously in his mind , it is a matter of course that I can come and go freely in the Yin and Yang worlds.

Xia Tian asked again: "You said that you thought I was the king's bride when you saw the village chief holding our photo in this village. You... When did you see it? At that time How did you see it, do you remember?"

The little tree spirit scratched his head and didn't understand why Xia Tian asked again, but he said honestly: "The bad guys asked the village chief for it, and they said they saw a very similar one. People. At that time I... I..." The little tree spirit thought for a while, and a trace of fear flashed in his eyes, "At that time, I wanted to run, so I was beaten, but I wanted to run even after being beaten, so I ran to this area. It came from the woods... and was captured by the bad guys, and I met my wife."

As he spoke, the little tree spirit added excitedly: "I met a terrible black butterfly in the woods! It was the king who saved me! Although the king is very fierce, he is a good king!"

During the narration of the little tree spirit, the two gradually pieced together the whole story, and it seemed that the little tree spirit was indeed a child who was abducted and sold to the dead man's ditch by Boss Hu and his party. It was Huang Mao and the others who didn't keep a close eye on him and let him run away. In order to show deterrence, they broke the little tree spirit's hands and feet - anyway, the sacrifice only needs to be alive, but it doesn't matter whether it is disabled or not.

However, the little tree spirit still didn't give up after his legs were broken, so he ran away again. However, he was young and injured again. carnivorous butterfly.

It's just that Sheng Li should still be in the private mansion at that time, how could he come to save the little tree spirit?

The two couldn't figure this out for the time being, so they put it aside, but although the little tree spirit avoided the carnivorous butterfly, it was targeted by the old locust tree that had become a spirit, and took the opportunity to trap his body to suck blood. But the little tree spirit was still ignorant, and did not realize that he was dead after his soul was separated from his body. Finally, Huang Mao and others rushed to catch him back, and locked him in the broken tile house until Xia Tian arrived.

While talking, the little tree spirit let go of his guard, and the feeling that made him extremely resistant at the beginning gradually dissipated. He glanced at the two of them and asked, "So... I, am I already dead?

" Death is not scary." Sheng Li looked at him with a calm expression, "I'm dead too."

As soon as this remark came out, Xia Tian's expression darkened. Although he had already accepted the owner's situation in this small world, after recalling the past, he still inevitably felt a little distressed. Not to mention Fu Lianshan, Shengli in these small worlds has never been tortured like this, and Xia Tian feels sad every time he thinks of the fact that he has been waiting in the yin house alone for so many years.

Sheng Li bent down, put his hand on Xia Tian's shoulder, and said softly, "I know you will always come."

Xia Tian held him back and nodded silently.

Sheng Li's reassurance was obviously very effective for the little tree spirit. Although he was still a little scared, he did not resist the old locust tree. Layered foliage.

"That...is me." The little tree spirit stared blankly at the corpse lying in the tree hole, pointed out his finger, and then looked back at Sheng Li and Xia Tian, ​​"Is that me? Why am I lying on the ground?" There, standing here again..."

Before he could finish his question, he suddenly realized something, and his eyes widened, "I'm dead!" Before he finished

speaking, the pale and emaciated corpse in the tree hole slowly moved. The dilapidation decayed, the skin peeled off inch by inch and turned into ashes, and the flesh and blood dried up quickly visible to the naked eye, but in a short while, only a white bone was left lying in place.

The semi-spirited old locust tree was stunned by this sudden change, its branches and leaves fluttered, and the old locust tree was furious after losing the essence and blood it depended on for life. The dark brown roots trembled and groped for a moment, and suddenly rose up from the ground. , rushed towards Sheng Li and the others in front of him.

Xia Tian hurriedly hugged the little tree spirit who was still standing in front of the old locust tree at a loss, while Sheng Li raised his hand to grab it, holding all the fangs and claws in his hand, and turned his hands together , took advantage of the situation to pinch it into a bunch, and it was about to break.

The awe-inspiring ghostly aura on his body was no longer concealed, and he split open the trunk of the old locust tree like a knife like a sword. Only then did the old locust tree know that he had offended someone important, not only immediately took the little tree spirit in the tree hole, The bone was moved out and placed on the ground, and immediately cut off all the roots pinched by Sheng Li. After that, he regained his composure and no longer dared to put on airs, as if he was an ordinary locust tree.

Sheng Li threw down the tree root in his hand, patted the dust on his palm lightly, and said with a sneer, "It's still a sense of current affairs."