chapter 180

Although he is very disdainful of the cruel methods of Chu Yu and others, but Lao Chen has to admit that the prey chosen by Mr. Chu is very suitable. The smell of the owl is very unique. Its smell is relatively light among birds, and it is difficult to attract the attention of natural enemies. Moreover, the night owl that was shot down is not very big, which makes the smell of blood even lower. three points.

And in this silent snow field, except for the sound of confrontation with him just now, Mr. Chu and his party made no other noises from the beginning to the end, even the sound of gunfire was insignificant. In the cold and lack of food in the middle of the night, such a weak and injured prey is obviously the best choice for a nocturnal hunter with a keen sense of smell but not strong enough—such as the white fox on this mountain

.

"Let's go, this one is enough."

Chu Yu looked at Lao Chen and said lightly.

Old Chen took the lead and led the crowd to the place where the traps were set during the day. Old Chen was not willing to leave his back to such a group of people, but he had no choice right now, he could only put his footsteps as far as possible. It was very slow, but Lin Yongwang grabbed him and reminded him, telling him to hurry up, solve the problem earlier and go down the mountain earlier.

Old Chen spat in his heart, but on the face he was extremely courteous, and hurriedly explained: "Hey Director Lin, you have misunderstood this, it's not that I want to waste time, you have also seen the terrain of Panlong Mountain, this kind of snow land We can't rush away in order to save time, otherwise it will be very dangerous, even if we are in a hurry, we have to pay attention to safety, right?"

Lin Yongwang choked, looked back at Chu Yu, and saw that the other party waved his hand to signal that he didn't need to interfere. Withdrew resentfully.

Lao Chen raised his hand and tightened the collar of his military coat, and opened the locator without any trace.

Originally, Old Chen guessed that Chu Yu and the others would not let go of their guard against him so quickly, and even setting up the trap today might be just one of his tests, but to his surprise, it took only half a day. They were actually able to rest assured that he would lead the way to find Fox Piencao. Could it be that these people were completely relieved of him?

So Lao Chen originally planned to wait until Chu Yu and the others were completely exposed and then contacted the forest guards to catch them all. Do it in the middle of the night.

Old Chen knew that he couldn't wait any longer, and it made sense when he thought about it. He heard that the foxtail herb was a magic medicine for life extension. People like Chu Yu hadn't been here for a long time, and now they were in a hurry to find this thing. There must be someone waiting for it. This thing continues to live, and in this case, they probably can't afford to wait any longer.

Old Chen guessed right. In the past, with Chu Yu's prudent behavior, he would naturally have more opportunities to test the forest ranger and him, but his trip was time-consuming, and he didn't dare to let people search for fox-bit grass , the last time he went to the forest ranger's office, it would have greatly delayed his time. Originally, he planned to directly tie up the two rangers of the forest ranger's station last time. So what about the hardest bones? It is impossible to really waste the lives of your teammates because of a few beasts.

Although this trick seems to be a villain's behavior, it has been tried and tested repeatedly. As long as he can finally achieve his goal, Chu Yu never cares about the means.

That's why he secretly bought people like Lin Yongwang, and hoped to get through the joints of the forest ranger station, so that the forest ranger team, which is well-known in the whole province and even the whole country, would ignore them as much as possible.

Now he didn't have much time, he had to find Fox Piencao as soon as possible, and it was enough to catch this member of the forest ranger to help them find the way.

It is precisely because of this that Chu Yu deliberately seeks to act at night. Although he knows that this will make it more difficult for him to find the fox-bite grass, but similarly, it will be more difficult for the people in the forest ranger to find their traces because the mountain roads are difficult to travel at night. . Anyway, in the end, they just need to push out the ranger who betrayed the forest ranger. Such a person who can even abandon his teammates who have had a life-threatening friendship with him certainly cannot be trusted by him. As for whether the other party pretended to take refuge...

Chu Yu narrowed his eyes slightly, and looked at Lao Chen's back with a mocking smile. Anyway, they had already left Panlong Mountain and returned to the capital by then, so it had nothing to do with them.

It was precisely because they were ready to completely abandon Lao Chen, so Chu Yu and the others did not completely let go of their guard against him. From time to time, they hinted that Lin Yongwang stepped forward to interrupt to prevent Lao Chen from secretly reporting, but they did not find anything wrong. OK.

At this moment, Lao Chen felt a little lucky. Fortunately, he had specially contacted the captain once during the day. At that time, he wanted to tell them the location of the traps so that the members of the forest ranger team could find opportunities to go up the mountain to clear them. opportunity.

It's just—

he pretended to check the terrain, looked back at the equipment carried by Chu Yu and the others, and his heart sank slightly. Of course he knew the level of his team members, but he knew better about the configuration of the weapons in the forest ranger station. No matter how powerful a fighting champion is, he can't beat a gun.

He could only gamble that this group of people went up the mountain just to find the Fox Pit Grass, and they had to act in secret, and they were more or less afraid of life—or the life of the same kind, so they would not shoot at them rashly.

But even if he knew that they would really shoot, Lao Chen knew that they had no other choice. They were forest rangers. Since these people wanted to poach and steal in Panlong Mountain, they had to act.

No matter how old Chen slowed down the trip, he still reached the place where the traps were set up during the day. Chu Yu winked at his subordinates, and they conveniently took out the night owl whose body was still warm from the sealed bag.

Old Chen took a step forward and said, "Mr. Chu, let me do it."

Chu Yu stretched out a finger and waved it, "No, someone is here to do this."

As soon as he finished speaking, a voice came from the old forest beside him. There was a slight sound of footsteps.

Old Chen was taken aback, subconsciously stiffened his back and became vigilant. He had been here for a while, but he didn't realize that there were other people in the forest at all!

At this moment, the moonlight was cold, reflecting a bleak whiteness in the snow, and a beam of flashlight hit the face of the person passing by, which made Lao Chen stunned. He didn't expect it to be this person—— "Old sniper?

"

The man wearing a wolfskin hat and holding a gun is the old sniper. His eyes are as sharp as eagles as before, but he was distracted for a moment when he saw Lao Chen, as if he was surprised to see him here.

Old Chen originally thought that Chu Yu and the others had found some foreign aid, but he was quite surprised that this foreign aid turned out to be the old sniper. He met the old sniper's eyes, and wanted to ask him what the reason was. Will come to help Chu Yu.

The old sniper didn't seem to have expected to see him here, and looked at Lao Chen from head to toe, as if to confirm whether this person was the old Chen he knew.

But the old sniper didn't say anything in the end. He glanced at Lao Chen, and said "hum" from his nostrils as a promise, then walked over to pick up the night owl, let the blood out with his hands and feet, and put it in the trap. Then he turned his head and said coldly to several people: "Stay away, foxes have very sharp noses, and they can smell the smell of strangers as soon as they smell it."

Chu Yu nodded, for the old sniper He didn't care about his attitude, even smiled at him, and said in a very gentle tone: "Of course we can rest assured that you always do things, and you have no reason to lie to us." The old sniper glanced at him coldly

. He glanced at Chu Yu, but didn't answer.

Chu Yu's men all had angry expressions for a moment, obviously dissatisfied with the old sniper's attitude of disrespecting Chu Yu, but Chu Yu looked very good-tempered, and waved at the rest of the people, "Go, don't Waiting for time."

Old Chen Zhui also dodged on the tail of the group of people, and before leaving, he couldn't help but look back at the old sniper, only to see that the other party silently began to set up a trap. The profile is hard and cold.

On the other side, as early as the moment Lao Chen sent the message, the forest rangers who had already fallen asleep immediately got off the bed and tidied up. They were closely watching the signal sent back by Lao Chen, and they still divided into two groups. Go find him, and the other group stays at the forest ranger.

The little fox was so sleepy that he couldn't open his eyelids. Sheng Li originally wanted to put him in the bedroom and continue to sleep, but although Xia Tian was extremely sleepy, he didn't want to leave Sheng Li anyway. He felt a little uneasy in his heart. Something might happen tonight, so even though his body was so sleepy that he didn't even have the energy to move, he still tried to open his eyes and look at Sheng Li, softly beckoning him not to leave him alone.

Seeing this, Sheng Li was worried about leaving the little fox where he couldn't see it, but Xia Tian's figure was much bigger now, and he couldn't be carried into his owner's pocket as lightly as before. He thought for a moment, picked up a hiking bag, shook out a sweater and spread it inside, temporarily built a warm nest for the little fox, then put Xia Tian in, and walked out of the house with the little fox on his back.

In the process of walking up the mountain, Sheng Li and the others also heard Lao Chen's surprised shout. They froze in their footsteps and looked at each other in disbelief.

If it is said that Chu Yu can persuade anyone in this Panlong Mountain with great benefits, they will believe it, but the old sniper... How is it possible?

The little fox vaguely sensed the shock of the owner's mood. Even though he couldn't stop yawning, he pulled himself up and got out of the backpack pocket. He lay on Sheng Li's shoulder carefully, and gently rubbed the tip of his ear against Sheng Li. Cheeks not covered by the hood.

"It's okay, sleep well." Sheng Li touched him with his backhand, signaling the little fox not to worry.

Xia Tian responded with a low cry, but the uneasiness did not dissipate. He raised his head slightly to glance at the pale moonlight, and then hid in his backpack again.

Right now, he can't do anything for the owner, so he can only try his best not to make trouble for him.