chapter 168

Thanks to its snow-white fur, the little fox runs inconspicuously in the snow, not much different from a snowball.

There was silence outside the forest ranger. This place is remote, and few outsiders come here on weekdays. Xia Tian stayed in the forest ranger for a while, and hardly saw anyone approaching.

However, at this moment, the little fox clearly smelled a strong smell of blood approaching the forest ranger. It was not a smell that ordinary people could perceive, but a threat more like a beast instinctively perceived.

While running, Xia Tian didn't forget to pay attention to the situation of the owner. He didn't feel at ease until he confirmed that the other party was safe. One person and one fox all depended on the communication of their hearts, and the blood of Sheng Li flowing in the little fox's body comforted him over and over Xia Tian, ​​just now let the little fox's flustered mind gradually settle down.

The people who came this time didn't seem to be kind, and the little fox was so nervous that the hair on the back of his neck exploded.

Right now Sheng Li is not around, and there is no one he can fully trust, so the little fox doesn't dare to confront him head-on.

Because of the heavy snow these days, the forest ranger team suspended their patrol work on the mountain, and Sheng Li also took Xia Tian to stay in the ranger's office.

Although he didn't dare to let the little fox come into contact with ice and snow too much, for fear of causing any harm to his rapidly growing body, Sheng Li was worried that he would be suffocated if he was detained in the forest ranger, so he took all the nearby places with him. He went to play around.

While running, the little fox carefully observed the surrounding terrain. He remembered that there was an evergreen broad-leaved tree with thick branches, which looked lush in winter. Sheng Li took him to the tree to have a look. One, being able to have a complete view of the surrounding situation.

Soon, Xia Tian found the big tree. He immediately climbed up with his limbs and firmly hooked on the trunk, and hid on the top of the tree to observe carefully. Not long after, a few shadowy figures appeared on the small snowy slope in the distance, Xia Tian tensed up, and cautiously climbed to the top of a tree to look from afar.

The first thing that came into view was a child with a thick head and a thick head. The child was wearing a thick cotton coat that didn't fit well, his cheeks were red with cold, and he was rubbing his hands while breathing heat into his palms, because the cold wind was blowing There was a whining sound, and he had to say loudly, "Uncle, the forest ranger is just ahead!"

Xia Tian recognized the kid, he was a kid from a nearby village, named Huzi.

When Xia Tian was carried by Sheng Li in the car, he met him a few times. The child was often responsible for collecting money in the car with a tin candy box in his arms. He heard from Sheng Li that Hu Zi's life was very difficult at home, and his parents were both sick because of illness. He died and owed a lot of debts due to medical treatment. There are no relatives in the family, only elderly grandparents are raising him and his little granddaughter. Fortunately, there are many people in the village who take care of him and can barely make ends meet.

Huzi and his younger sister are also very competitive. They are very sensible at a young age, knowing that they can do simple jobs to earn money to subsidize the family, and never waste it. Therefore, the forest guards always have to find someone to run errands in the village to do some unimportant things, such as sending messages or delivering some things. They often find Huzi specifically, and then pay him some money, which can be regarded as a little help.

Behind Huzi were a few men in military overcoats and thick cotton caps, and huge windproof glasses. Except for the general shape of the body, they could not see the face at all.

Although they were not the direct source of that sense of threat, Xia Tian could feel that these people were by no means good people. What's more, in this weather, what kind of people would come to the forest ranger?

"Okay kid, we've seen the forest ranger. We can go there without you leading the way." One of the leaders stopped, took out his binoculars and looked in the direction of the ranger, and said to Huzi.

Huzi was stunned, then looked up at the group of people, and was about to say something, when the leader said: "It's windy now, you have to go home and see if your family is right? Uncles are better at freezing than you." , I don't need to bother you."

His words were reasonable, and he seemed to understand the difficulties of Huzi's family, and the man's tone was gentle and polite, with an attitude of thinking about Huzi wholeheartedly. With these words, others may still think that this person is a good person.

After the leader finished speaking, he waved to the people around him. Immediately, a person stepped forward, took out a roll of red notes from the bag he was carrying and stuffed them into Huzi's hand, saying, "Thank you, little brother!" Hurry up and take the money and go back to buy some delicious food, you won't be hungry if you just eat vegetarian in this winter."

Huzi was obviously moved by what the two said, but he didn't take the roll of money, but took a piece of money from it. , and stuffed all the rest back to the person who handed him the money, and said seriously: "Thank you uncle, but you don't need so much, this one is enough." With the hat off, he turned his head and ran towards the village against the cold wind.

These people obviously didn't expect that Huzi would return the money, and they were stunned for a moment. After a while, the leader made a gesture to move on, and the group stopped talking and walked towards the forest ranger.

They are obviously coming for the forest ranger, and looking at the equipment armed to the teeth, there must be some kind of weapon in their hands that makes them confident. Thinking that there are only two team members in the forest ranger at this moment who are concentrating on checking the surveillance on the mountain, Xia Xia Tim's heart skipped a beat, and he jumped down from the other end of the tree and ran around the trail back to the ranger.

While the little fox was running wildly on the snow, Sheng Li and his party were also approaching the shack on the mountainside. It was a temporary resting place built by the forest rangers. Because the terrain is empty, only one camera is installed; it is precisely because of this that the team members are extremely nervous. Once the only camera is destroyed, it will be difficult for them to monitor the surrounding situation with "eyes in the sky". The people who set up the trap deliberately set up an ambush there, and in order to protect Panlong Mountain, they could only bite the bullet.

Lao Sun had already heard the news from the forest ranger, and knew that the captain was leading people over, so he made up his mind, but he didn't dare to relax his vigilance. Lao Sun's career as a forest ranger is not short, and he has encountered poachers who have been tricked out of their homes a few times. Except for the fox skinners last time, he also encountered others in his early years. Poachers are greedy for profit, so they come to the mountains to hunt treasures, so these poachers who are out of business can be described as inhumane.

In the eyes of these people, apart from their own lives, the lives of all other animals and even their companions can be measured by money. Back then, he had participated in the capture of a group of out-of-home poachers. The hunter even directly regarded several of his companions as abandoned sons, and tied guns to them to resist the pursuit.

Old Sun hid in the old forest beside him, holding the gun tightly in his hand, and kept observing the surrounding environment with a pair of piercing tiger eyes. It was clearly the freezing winter, but his forehead was blank Beads of sweat oozed out, and the sweat soon condensed into ice due to the extremely low temperature. Lao Sun raised his hand to touch it, and shook off the icicles in his hand.

At this time, there was a sound of footsteps in the woods not far away, and Lao Sun's eyes widened—could it be that the captain and the others have arrived?

Before he could ask, Sheng Li's voice came from the earphone of the walkie-talkie, "Old Sun, we came from the small road, and we will arrive at your location in about five minutes. What's the situation with you?" "Captain, I'm

here In the old forest on the left side of the shack, there is a sound from the direction of three o'clock in front, as if someone is coming."

Sheng Li's heart skipped a beat, and he said in a deep voice: "Do a good job of concealment, don't rush, everything is about safety!"

" Yes!"

As expected, after a while, two people came out of the rustling bushes. They were wearing thick military coats and polished snow hiking boots. Walking in the direction, he looked around furiously, as if he was looking for something.

"Hey, which bastard with no eyes pried the condom for us?" One of them saw the completely destroyed condom at a glance, his eyes widened immediately, and he cursed strangely.

Lao Sun lay on the snow ground and stared at the two men intently, not daring to utter a word. He could clearly see that the two men were carrying the latest M679 on their backs, which cannot be bought in China. Shit, I'm afraid these two people have a lot of background.

Just as his heart was jumping with fear, there was a very slight sound of stepping on the snow behind him. Old Sun's eyes widened and he was about to turn his head to look, when a hand wearing a thick glove suddenly stretched out from behind and covered it. his mouth.

Old Sun's first reaction was to hold his breath immediately, and then turned his head to look, but his tiger eyes widened—

"Shh, don't make any noise."

The one who covered his mouth was an old man wearing a wolf fur hat, wasn't it? Who is the old sniper?

Seeing that it was the old sniper, Lao Sun breathed a sigh of relief, this is an old friend of their forest ranger, but the other party appeared here for no reason, he still had some doubts in his heart, he pretended to be relieved Raising his hand to wipe his sweat, he pulled down his hat to cover the earphone cable, and then said in a low voice, "Old Sniper, why are you going up the mountain?" Everyone in the walkie-talkie heard what Old Sun said

. Sheng Li and the others looked at each other, with the same doubts in their hearts. The timing was really a coincidence. If the old sniper was concerned about the situation of Panlong Mountain on weekdays, it would be fine to go up the mountain to patrol, but why did they just find out the There was a change, and the old sniper appeared on Panlong Mountain. You must know that the Panlong Mountain range is endless, and the place is very big. How did the old sniper come here by such a coincidence?