chapter 68

Emperor Zhengkang was sitting in his study reviewing the memorial, but after flipping through two or three books, he suddenly felt dry mouth, and the hand holding the vermilion pen trembled slightly, so he quickly opened a jade bottle on the desk, and poured out a Take the purple pill.

As soon as the elixir was taken in, he immediately felt that his eyes and ears were clear. Zheng Kangdi breathed out and stroked his beard in satisfaction.

When he put the jade bottle back on the desk, he frowned slightly and shook the jade bottle, but there was no sound, obviously it was empty.

Emperor Zhengkang remembered that the pills were arranged according to the seven colors of red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, and there were seven pills in each color, taking seven, seven, forty-nine as a row. But why did the purple pill eat so quickly, the blue bottle seemed to take a long time, right?

Just as he was thinking to himself, Wang Gonggong came in with ginseng tea, bowed and said: "Your Majesty, the Taoist priest ordered someone to pass the word that if the pills are exhausted, we can start refining new longevity pills tomorrow." Emperor Zhengkang was

satisfied Nodded, "The Taoist priest is really clever." He felt that he might have misunderstood the alchemy technique. After he took the elixir himself, he could feel the mystery of it more and more. But he was refreshed. If King An fell ill again at this moment, Emperor Zhengkang would not give him the elixir no matter what.

"Is this the pill?" Xia Tian held a blue pill in his hand and played with it carefully, put it on the tip of his nose and sniffed it, then frowned in disgust, threw the pill aside, and picked up the clean one by himself Wipe your fingers with a cotton kerchief.

"I heard that this Taoist priest was recommended by the Fifth Prince, but...he came out of the Ninth Princess's Mansion." Sheng Li shook his head, "Does the Ninth Princess also want to fight?" Xia Tian was too lazy to

guess What kind of calculations are these princes and princesses planning? For him, the fiercer the fight between these so-called brothers at the moment, the better for him. Over time, if he encounters delicious food and he is unable to keep up with it for a while, he will wait for the beasts to fight while he waits for the opportunity. The wild beasts fight for food is a desperate way, once they both lose , that is the time for the little fox to reap the benefits of the fisherman lightly and deftly.

He told Sheng Li what he thought, and it got Sheng Li's approval. Now that they are weak, what they have to do is to secretly buy people's hearts and expand their power. With full "stupidity", the forces of all parties can rest assured of them.

"It's really troublesome..." Xia Tian frowned, lay on the desk, and looked up at Sheng Li, "Is this the kind of life the master used to live?" He remembered that Sheng Li used to be in a high position and often had to be with At that time, he still didn't understand the subordinates discussing matters. Occasionally, he would turn into a little fox and lie on Sheng Li's lap before dozing off after listening to it for a while, and he never understood it carefully.

"Since you want to enjoy the breeze and the moon at a high place, you must have the patience and ability to climb high." Sheng Li stood leaning against the table and stroked Xia Tian's hair upon hearing this.

He said it casually, but he didn't want Xia Tian to turn red immediately when he heard this. Sheng Li thought he had a fever. Here, do nothing... just let you take me up the mountain."

This is the truth, perhaps because of the effect of the dowry, every time Xia Tian can quickly meet his owner, without him having to put in much effort for it , Sheng Li will naturally arrange everything properly for him, even if he became a prince in this life, but because he is not favored, he can't immediately take Sheng Li out of the cage of the prime minister's mansion. Bringing her into the mansion and naming her as a concubine, but because of him, the emperor's suspicion and violence aroused.

This made the little fox very guilty, thinking that maybe he really had a little ominous aura, otherwise Sheng Li should be rich and carefree, so why did he meet a relative like Sheng Qingsong?

The more Xia Tian said, the more he felt guilty. Even if he wants to rebel now—no, the owner said this is called following the way of heaven and changing the new sky—he doesn't seem to be of any use, all the arrangements are made by Sheng Li.

Sheng Li really didn't know that the person next to his pillow had such an idea, he couldn't laugh or cry, he pinched the tip of the little fox's red ears, "You have done a good job."

His little fox has never learned the art of being an emperor, and he took good care of him in the previous two lives. The only chance to learn some "controlling people's hearts" was what he learned in the company when he was an entertainer in the first life. Even so, he was able to make everyone in Fengtai City praise him in his last life.

"I don't want you to be so tired." Xia Tian conjured up two fox ears in frustration, and flapped his furry white ears back and forth, "I climbed too high on Fulian Mountain. Stop and rest at any time, otherwise the slope is steep and the mountain is high, and you will fall down immediately." "

I...I want to push the master up, don't let you hold me, so I don't want to become a burden." Finally, Xiao The fox said, in his previous life, when he had nothing to do in Fengtai City, he would study all kinds of novels and novels, and he also learned a little about how to get along with a husband and wife, that is, not to be a burden to the other party. They are now the closest Taoist couple, and naturally they are also husband and wife.

Sheng Li smiled, he bowed his head and kissed Xia Tian's forehead, and said in a low voice: "Since that's the case, then I don't want Xia Xia to push away, let's go hand in hand, okay?" He is willing to do everything possible to come He dotes on his little fox and respects the other's ideas, not to mention that the little fox is willing to go on with him, and he feels very much in his heart.

But this said, it reminded Sheng Li of another thing.

"How's the calligraphy doing now?"

The little fox suddenly raised his head, just bumping into Sheng Li's chin, and it turned red.

"The writing...is not very good..." Xia Tian felt even more embarrassed when he mentioned this. Now that he is sending a letter to Concubine Duan, Sheng Li is writing the letter. He only needs to press a small plum blossom-shaped letter at the end Fox paw prints will do.

"From now on, I will practice three big characters every day..." Before Sheng Li finished speaking, he saw Xia Tian looking at him expectantly while holding up the brush. He was slightly taken aback, and immediately understood what the other party meant. He walked behind Xia Tian and held his hand, leading him to write their names stroke by stroke.

While writing, he whispered in Xia Tian's ear, "Aren't you afraid of the heat?"

Xia Tian scratched the tip of his ear with his free hand, "Not afraid."

The two masters of Prince An's Mansion are deeply affectionate, but Sheng Qingsong, the in-law of Prince An's Mansion, has had a hard time recently.

He had thought that King An and Princess An, who were doomed to die, recovered one after another, and even tore face with the prime minister's mansion mercilessly, causing many aristocratic families in the capital to laugh at them, especially when King An displayed his family property in a big way. The colleagues who were hostile to him mocked him openly and secretly for betting on the wrong treasure. After all, with Wang An's current wealth and status, he is very capable of making a fortune.

The ensuing madam's madness made him lose face even more. Thinking of the crazy woman at home, Sheng Qingsong's complexion darkened. All these years, the shrew relied on the fact that she had a handle in her hand, so she didn't allow herself to take a concubine. The prime minister's wife has been around for so many years, and her eyelids are still as shallow as ever. When Sheng Li casually threw pearls into the pond in the mansion, she had to let her servants go into the water to salvage them. She doesn't have the bearing that a prime minister's wife should have!

But compared to these, it was Zheng Kangdi who really made Sheng Qingsong's life difficult.

Nowadays, all civil and military people in the Manchu Dynasty do not know that the Holy One is obsessed with the art of alchemy, just to pursue an illusory longevity, and how many emperors and hegemony have been destroyed by it. The courtiers thought that Emperor Zhengkang would disdain this, but they watched the emperor take alchemy from the beginning. He was obsessed with Taoism day by day, not only for alchemy, but also wanted to make the alchemy priest a national teacher several times. Fortunately, several humerus veterans persuaded him so hard that he let go of this idea.

It was precisely because of this that everyone in the court was concerned, knowing that if Emperor Zhengkang was still obsessed with this way, the dragon chair might have to be replaced by someone else, and people's hearts fluttered for a while, and a few princes who could not calm down took the lead. After making a move, he was severely punished by Emperor Zhengkang before he calmed down a bit.

Originally, all of this had nothing to do with Sheng Qingsong as the prime minister. He is now an extremely human minister, and any prince who ascends the throne will at least not attack him immediately, and the time is enough for him to arrange everything , to ensure that the prime minister's mansion will be safe and sound even in the change of dynasties.

But recently, there have been rumors from somewhere in the capital that an old woman who had been cared by Sheng Qingyun traveled all the way to Beijing to thank Prime Minister Sheng for saving her life. When the upper-class family knew about it, the whole capital was full of ups and downs, and no one praised Prime Minister Sheng for his compassion for the common people.

Sheng Qingsong was quite worried about this, not to mention that it was impossible for him to care about any common people, but now the rumors in the capital say that there is no one in heaven and earth, isn't this attracting the emperor's attention? Emperor Zhengkang was headstrong, how could he tolerate people praising his ministers but ignoring him?

Back then when Emperor Zhengkang was the second prince, he intended to win over the Sheng family, but the head of the family at that time, Sheng Qingyun, said that he would only be a pure minister and would never stand in any team. This greatly angered the then second prince, Sheng Qingsong wanted to stand in line, After several times of persuasion to no avail, he approached the second prince, and with the help of the Sheng family as a bargaining chip, he got a promise from the second prince that the

Sheng family would be handed over to him, Sheng Qingsong.

And it was not Sheng Qingsong's original intention to fight in the deep mountains of Xilin County. He tried to persuade Sheng Qingyun to hand over the patriarch's seal with his life to no avail. It was only when he saw his brother and sister-in-law falling in a pool of blood that his red eyes gradually cleared up.

The crime of a concubine seizing the heir is not enough for Ling Chi to kill him, Sheng Qingsong gritted his teeth, and simply did nothing, threw the two of them into the valley, and sent a message to the second prince overnight.

On the second day, Sheng Qingyun, who had changed his appearance, came forward to sue the officials, claiming that his "brother" was killed by bandits.

At that time, Sheng Li was just a three-year-old child. That night, the child avoided the servants and wanted to show his parents the wild flowers he picked in the mountains, but he was so frightened by the bright red blood that he couldn't even speak. If you don't come out, you will have a high fever that night, and when you wake up again, you will be an idiot.

So even if he guessed that Sheng Li remembered what happened back then, Sheng Qingsong didn't care. What stood behind him was today's day, who can cross the sky?

But now, the sky was about to collapse. If Emperor Zhengkang died suddenly, the fate of the Prime Minister's Mansion might be difficult to say.