chapter 167

Since this day, there has been a little fox full of spirituality in the forest ranger. The team members have long been used to seeing the captain treat this little fox as a treasure, and gradually know that there will be a little fox every now and then. The big white fox came from afar to look after the little fox cub, probably an elder of the same clan.

It was precisely because they saw how much the big fox cherished the cub that they became more and more convinced that the little white fox voluntarily followed their captain, not to mention that the captain thought this little cub was more important than his own life. If it was really the little fox that their captain stole, the big one would never be so friendly to him.

That little fox cub really only looks for their captain, and it's fine that they are inseparable on weekdays. Even the captain always follows him every step of the way when he goes up the mountain on patrol. Take a full defensive stance.

You must know that he is still a little thing with fangs that haven't grown yet, but he put his owner in the position of the protected person, and the posture of hunching his back and furiously waiting for the battle made everyone laugh secretly Not to mention but also to be envious. They all say that small animals have the most innocent minds, and whoever treats them well will only focus on repaying them. They can be regarded as having seen it.

Since the group of poachers were caught last time, the team members of the forest ranger have had a leisurely time. I don't know if they were scared back by what happened to the predecessors, or because of the recent snowfall on Panlong Mountain. Too big, in short, no one sneaks into the mountain anymore.

The continuous snow that day finally stopped, the sun cleared after the snow, the sun was shining brightly in the sky, and the warming temperature made people feel so comfortable that they just want to sigh.

Xia Tian no longer hated heavy snow, and now seeing the thick snow, he became even more playful. Except for the two forest rangers on duty, the others were having snowball fights in the yard, and the little fox was also pushing a snowball. Xueqiu was running around in the yard, but Sheng Li was afraid that he would freeze, so he made a claw cover for him out of a thick cotton coat, and the four little paws were covered with bright red claw covers, as if stepping on fire. Coming here is like stepping on a blooming red plum, which is particularly conspicuous in the snow.

In the past, this was a scene that the little fox had never imagined. When he was on the Fulian Mountain, the heavy snow often meant cold and lack of food, and it also meant that death was approaching. It is a catastrophe.

The little fox was having a great time. When Sheng Li came to carry him to eat, he was still a little reluctant to leave. He half-squatted up and swung his front paws at him, and made a low-pitched humming sound, making people see the little fox. I wish I could rely on him and give him everything.

However, Sheng Li was obviously an exception. He picked up the little fox, which was no bigger than two palms of his own, and walked into the house. I don't know if you are hungry? Which little thing is crying hungry in the middle of the night, and even wants to drink a glass of cold water?"

Probably because it has entered the growth period again, the little fox has grown quite fast this time, the most obvious point That is, he became hungry more easily than before, and was woken up by hunger after falling asleep two nights ago.

You must know that Xia Tian hasn't experienced what it's like to be hungry for a long time. When he just woke up from hunger, the little fox curled up in Sheng Li's arms and was at a loss. It wasn't until the hunger hit again that he suddenly came back to his senses. , and didn't want to disturb Sheng Li's sleep, carefully pushed away Sheng Li's hand protecting her, and jumped out of the bed as lightly as possible.

Unless he was on duty at night, Sheng Li did not have the habit of eating late at night, and it was even more unlikely that there would be any food in the bedroom. Xia Tian took a look around by the light of the night light, and there was only half a glass of water on Sheng Li's desk. , because of the full heating inside the house, it didn't freeze, and it was the only thing that could be entered in this house.

If he wants to go out, he will definitely touch the door lock, but this old-fashioned wooden door is not silent at all, if he turns the door handle, it will definitely make a loud noise, and with Sheng Li's level of vigilance, he will definitely be woken up.

Thinking of this, Xia Tian immediately gave up the idea of ​​going out to the kitchen to find something to eat. He just felt uncomfortably hungry, and at the moment he didn't dislike the tasteless half glass of water. He jumped on the table and stuck his head out with his tongue. To lick the water to drink, the little fox did not dare to lick too hastily, for fear that he would not even drink half a glass of water after licking it up in two or three times.

Unexpectedly, after he licked twice, the light in the room was turned on, and Sheng Li was looking at him helplessly.

"You don't know how to call me when you're hungry?"

The little fox was both guilty and happy, raised his head and called Sheng Li twice, then squatted obediently on the table and remained silent.

"Call me up when I'm hungry." Sheng Li picked him up and opened the door to the kitchen, telling him in a low voice, "There is always food in the kitchen, don't be hungry." Seeing the little fox obediently nodding in agreement, Sheng

Li He was relieved. After that, he paid attention to it and found that the little fox is always hungry like a child with a long body, and occasionally suffers from bone pain. He guessed that the little fox was approaching adulthood again.

Therefore, in addition to often feeding the little fox extra meals, Sheng Li would rub his paws for the little fox from time to time.

Xia Tian used to have times when his stomach was hungry and his bones hurt, but at that time no one took care of him carefully, so he was even more dependent on Sheng Li, thinking that it would be nice if he could be a cub for a while longer, but for a while He missed the scene of being able to hug each other in person even more, and wished he could grow up immediately and become a talent sooner.

At this moment, hearing Sheng Li talk about his gluttony, the little fox felt extremely embarrassed, and rubbed his head back and forth on Sheng Li's wrist, as if wishing him to stop talking.

Because the little fox is often hungry now, Sheng Li specially added a small heat preservation stove in the forest ranger to warm the minced meat porridge for Xia Tian. As soon as he scooped up a bowl of porridge for Xia Tian, ​​he saw a team member running away in a hurry Come in.

The team members didn't know that this little fox could really understand human speech, so even if Xia Tian was present when reporting the situation with Sheng Li, they never thought of avoiding him. At this moment, the team members looked a little anxious, and he spoke quickly Said: "Captain, Lao Sun found an extinct house at the side of the ginkgo forest on the mountainside!"

The so-called extreme household trap is the most vicious trap set by hunters. When others hunt and kill one, this extreme household trap is to hunt a group of people and never leave a single one alive. You must know that even poachers these days boast that "hunting is as good as hunting." "Tao", claiming not to kill pregnant female animals, and never to exterminate a family of animals, but many poachers will not use this extremely cruel method of exterminating households, because this method is too harmful.

But most people don't use it, which doesn't mean no one uses it. Otherwise, this gimmick won't be passed down from generation to generation. The last time the poachers caught by the forest ranger used the rug to catch a few pregnant foxes. female fox.

Hearing that the team members mentioned the no-house trap again, Sheng Li immediately thought of the group of ruthless poachers last time. He frowned, "What about the old grandson? Tell him to be careful, it's hard to deal with people who use the no-holds-barrel trap."

"Old Sun is at our hut on the mountainside. He observed it and said that the one who set up the house must be an old hand. He destroyed the house. Looking at the traces of mud around it, it should have been set up in the past two days. It is very difficult. Guarantee when the person who set up the trick will go to check."

"Immediately ask people to gather in the hall, leave two people on duty at the forest ranger, and notify the police station by the way, the others will carry guns and follow me up the mountain. In case the setter returns suddenly, the boss I'm afraid Sun can't handle it alone."

"It's the captain!"

Even though he didn't quite understand what the Juehu set was, Xia Tian had already sensed the seriousness of the matter from the dignified expressions of the two of them, and he didn't care about eating porridge anymore , just squatted aside and listened carefully, and when he finally heard that Sheng Li was about to leave, he immediately leaned over and lightly licked the back of Sheng Li's hand, then looked up at him.

Sheng Li touched the tip of the little fox's ear, "Don't worry, Xia Xia, it's not a serious matter, I'll be right back after I've dealt with it." Xia Tian nodded, and

called out obediently, signaling the other party not to be distracted. Looking at himself, he will eat well and wait for Sheng Li in the forest ranger.

Sheng Li nodded, turned around and was about to leave, but before he took a step, he turned back. He bent down and pressed a light kiss on the little fox's head, "I will be back as soon as possible."

A group of people quickly packed up their equipment and set off from the forest ranger station. The two remaining on duty also performed their duties. After calling the police, they stared at the surveillance camera on the mountain carefully, trying to find clues about the setter.

"Damn! Why was the camera here broken?" A forest ranger slapped his thigh suddenly, "Wearing a hat and mask, even equipped with sunglasses, it looks like a ghost." The person next to him leaned

over After taking a look, he took a deep breath, "This place is very close to the shack, and it's dark here. If anyone wants to approach the shack from the forest, our surveillance people won't be able to see it!" The two looked at each other

, The bottom of my heart sank—

I'm afraid this time the comer was really bad.

They immediately took out the walkie-talkie and reported the situation on the public channel. Sheng Li pondered for a moment and asked them to continue to watch the surveillance, and go back to check the night surveillance for the past few days to see if they could find anything wrong.

Xia Tian was lying at the door of the monitoring room. For some reason, he always had a feeling of uneasiness in his heart, as if the animal's instinctive perception of danger made him always feel that someone was approaching with malicious intent.

After hesitating for a moment, he looked back at the two team members who were concentrating on observing and monitoring, and slowly walked out of the hall of the forest ranger.

The heavy snow dyed the sky and the earth into pure white, and the black branches in the distance seemed to be made of freehand splashed ink, which was extremely beautiful. However, Xia Tian didn't have the heart to watch it at this moment. He held his breath, and slowly ran to the back of the forest ranger .