chapter 179

Xia Tian lay in Sheng Li's arms, thinking for a moment of the big fox gently coaxing him to sleep when he first arrived in this small world, and thinking of the back of it leaving without looking back just now, he felt inexplicably sad in his heart. These feelings of loss.

But he is not really an ignorant little fox, he lingered in Sheng Li's arms for a while, and then accepted the matter, but the owner's embrace was too warm, so he didn't want to leave, so he rolled his eyes like a rascal. Shunwo dozed off in Sheng Li's arms.

"Why are you sleepy again?" Sheng Li thought he was sleepy again, looked down, and met the little fox's clear eyes, knowing that he was lazy, but heaved a sigh of relief.

When one person and one fox returned to the house, Sheng Li recruited a few team members and told them the news about Lao Chen and the monitoring. Now they are almost sure that the person who came to the forest ranger to install the monitor that day had a great connection with the person behind Lin Yongwang. Although I don't know why this forest ranger is worthy of their fear of attracting them, since the other party dares to attack them, they must be prepared to bear the consequences.

And the last thing they should do is to hit the little fox.

As Sheng Li said, this little fox is more important than his own life.

Originally, he and Xia Tian lived a very leisurely life in the forest ranger. After experiencing intrigue, pain and regret all the time in the last small world, the life in Panlong Mountain was so comfortable that this person and a fox felt that they had never been Relax like never before.

Originally, Sheng Li thought that he would guard his little fox here and grow into a big fox again, and then hug him with a human body, but these poachers like tarsus maggots broke the record time and time again. The serenity of Longshan made Sheng Li want to get rid of it quickly.

The same is true for Xia Tian, ​​he is at ease in front of his milk fox cub, but because he knows that even if there are occasional poachers appearing on this mountain, it is not enough for the people in the forest ranger, he knows they of owners can cope without stress.

But the people who appeared this time were obviously different. Whether it was their over-the-top equipment or their undisguised murderous aura, the little fox felt conflicted and uneasy. These people were like boulders thrown into a deep pool, and they had disturbed their original peace. life.

While everyone in the forestry center was discussing the action plan, Lao Chen was also called back by Lin Yongwang.

Lao Chen quickly picked up a bunch of dead leaves and branches and walked back, but before he put down the things in his hands, he saw the things in the hands of Lin Yongwang and others.

Those were a few bear traps that glowed coldly in the sun.

Lao Chen's face darkened slightly, "...you are?"

Lin Yongwang smiled, and handed one of them to Lao Chen, "Let's go, Lao Chen, you are more familiar with Panlongshan than us, and you must know where it is. It's easy to catch the prey."

Old Chen didn't answer, his brows were slightly frowned, as if he was somewhat resisting Lin Yongwang's move.

The few people standing behind Lin Yongwang exchanged glances with each other indiscriminately, and one of them nodded slightly. That person was Chu Yu who had disguised himself a little.

In their view, if Lao Chen took it without saying a word, it would make them suspicious.

Just as Sheng Li guessed, before Chu Yu brought this group of people, he had done a good job of investigation, so he naturally found out the people in their forestry station. Temperament also has a three-point understanding.

It is precisely because of this that Chu Yu did not have any hope for Lin Yongwang to persuade Sheng Li from the beginning. If Sheng Li really agreed to Lin Yongwang's request, it would be a fraud.

Seeing Lao Chen not moving, Lin Yongwang gave a "tsk" impatiently, passed the trap forward again, and asked meaningfully: "Old Chen, don't tell me you still can't put this thing?" He

hesitated After a while, Lao Chen put down the dry firewood in his hand, took the trap handed over by Lin Yongwang, and explained: "It may not be useful to let go of this. You must know that it has been freezing during this period of time. Panlong Mountain Many animals on the planet will not come out."

"It's okay, it's okay," Lao Chen smiled when he saw him take over, "Leave it alone, if you can catch one, it's one."

In fact, when he was on mission in the army in the past, Lao Chen and even everyone in the forest ranger may have hurt animals. , Sometimes when they march in the wild, in order to maintain their physical fitness, they often catch some wild animals and eat them. It is nonsense to say that he does not know how to place animal traps.

But from time to time, since they came to the forest to work as rangers, none of them has ever done anything to wild animals. Even if they saw a trap, their first reaction was to remove it immediately.

Old Chen looked at the trap in his hand, then at the other people who had started to scatter around, hesitated for a moment, and finally put the trap in a dry grass.

As he said to Sheng Li, as long as the surveillance camera can take pictures, he can trace the topography there even with his eyes closed. Naturally, he knows where animals often haunt and where beasts will never set foot place.

This point is not clear to Lin Yongwang and others. After all, no matter how much they investigate, they will not specifically check every frame of surveillance video. They just saw Lao Chen carefully observing the terrain and putting down the trap, and they all showed their hearts. Unspoken smile.

After nightfall, Lao Chen was woken up by someone pushing him shortly after he fell asleep. Years of combat instincts allowed him to wake up when the opponent approached. He tried his best to suppress the inertial movement of holding the weapon and turning over, pretending to be asleep Rubbing his eyes in a daze, he looked at the person coming.

This person is a so-called "subordinate" of Lin Yongwang. Of course, judging from Lin Yongwang's attitude towards him, it is almost the same to say that Lin Yongwang is his "subordinate".

Lao Chen pretended to be impatient and asked: "What's the matter in the middle of the night? Just fell asleep, what's the matter?"

Chu Yu carefully observed Lao Chen's expression, and said, "There is action tonight, get up quickly.

" There were not many expressions of excitement, but it seemed that he dared not refute at will because he wanted something from others, so he had to put on his clothes and followed Chu Yu out.

In Panlong Mountain at night, even the air is bitingly cold. Everyone has a bunch of warm babies attached to their bodies to maintain their body temperature and move normally. Lao Chen patted the last warm baby with a "snap" and fastened the collar of his military coat , followed Lin Yongwang and others to the old forest.

When he arrived at the place with the flashlight, Lao Chen was still a little strange. He whispered: "What can you see in the old forest tonight? What are you looking for?"

Lin Yongwang made a silent gesture at him, his eyes were rare Sternly, he lowered his voice and said: "Shut up, be careful not to spoil the big thing."

Old Chen shrugged his shoulders indifferently, looking around in the snow boredly, just as he was staring at the silhouette of a bush not far away in a daze, his ears twitched. Suddenly there was a sharp bird song.

That's the cry of an owl, a nocturnal bird. Lao Chen has been in Panlong Mountain for so many years, and he often hears this bird's cry when he stays up late. He is no stranger to it.

But isn't the owl naturally vigilant? How could he get into this group of people?

Old Chen was wondering when he heard a hoot from a distance, as if he was responding to the cry here.

Afterwards, the owl in his ears changed, and suddenly became an urgent cry for help. Old Chen followed the sound, only to see his heart skip a beat—the

source of the owl was not the night owl, but the owl that came just now. People who get up by themselves.

Chu Yu cupped his hands around his mouth, and let out another sharp whine.

The owl in the distance hesitated for a moment. In the end, the willingness to help the same kind overcame the instinct of vigilance, and flapped its wings and flew towards Chu Yu and others.

As soon as it showed its head in the night sky, the silencer gun was already aimed at his head. Without any hesitation, the young man holding the gun pulled the trigger, and the night owl fell to the ground, completely shutting down. Before closing its eyes, it was still desperately stretching its neck to look at the same kind that led it over.

However, all it saw were indifferent faces.

Chu Yu's action undoubtedly surprised Old Chen. After thinking about it, he suddenly thought of the humming fox that he heard on the walkie-talkie that day—the voice that wanted to lure the little fox fairy out. Could it be this person?

Chu Yu asked someone to clean up the owls on the ground, then turned his head and extended his hand to Old Chen with a smile, "Let's get to know each other again, my surname is Chu, and this time I am the one who is going up the mountain to look for the fox's grass." Old Chen was puzzled

, For a while, I wondered if this was a trap that Lin Yongwang asked someone to set up for himself, and for a while, I felt that Chu Yu's voice was very similar to the voice he heard that day. I thought that this person deliberately changed the way of pronunciation a few days ago, so he just It seemed a little familiar, but I didn't recognize it immediately.

Thinking of this, Lao Chen raised his hand and held Chu Yu's hand, with unconcealable surprise and greed appearing on his face, "Mr. Chu? You are the Mr. Chu that Director Lin mentioned!" Chu

Yu Nodding his head, he said with a smile, "I'm sorry, I kept it from Mr. Chen a few days ago, and you also know that our action should not be publicized..." "

Understood." Old Chen showed the appearance of dog legs to the fullest, only in his heart He sneered, it would be great if such a crime of law and conscience was done with great fanfare, and they would just arrest him directly from the forest guards.

"As you saw just now, Mr. Chu is a man of real ability."

At this time, Lin Yongwang interjected: "Later, we will go to the place where the traps are placed during the day to catch foxes. It is best to find the fox biting grass tonight. "

"Yes, time is tight, I can't afford to wait." Chu Yu nodded.

Old Chen's heart sank, but on his face he looked "flattered to be regarded as one of his own", "Act tonight? Then what can I do?" "Mr. Chen is very familiar with the terrain of

Panlong Mountain. You told us about people's routines, and they will definitely not go up the mountain right now, we settled the matter this morning, just follow the fox's guidance to pick up the grass with the fox's title." Chu Yu said: "Mountain roads are difficult to walk at night, and a beast like a fox can Okay, we have to rely on Mr. Chen to lead the way."

Lao Chen's elbows were slightly pressed against his body, and he felt a little relieved when he felt that the communicator was still tied to his body.

Fortunately, he took this thing when he got up just now, and seeing the appearance of other people fully armed, it is obvious that this Mr. Chu is going to go directly to the mountainside from here, and he has to find a chance to pass the news to the forest ranger.