chapter 172

As soon as Sheng and Li took a step, there was a knock on the door. The other party seemed impatient but patient. The knock on the door was very short and urgent, but his voice was slow and orderly.

"Is Captain Sheng there? I'm Lin Yongwang from the county bureau. Our leader has appointed me to talk to you about the forest protection station."

This is the second in command of the county bureau. In recent years, more people have come to poach from the mountains. Once the rangers catch poachers, they will directly turn them over to the police station, so the forest ranger also has a lot of contact with the county bureau. Sheng Li has dealt with this Lin Yongwang several times. But nature is not bad.

However, according to the temperament of Deputy Director Lin, once there is any work matter, it is customary to "solve work affairs during working hours", but he has never worked overtime after work, and the time has already passed the end of work. Why did Lin Yongwang come here? Also talk to them about the forest ranger? Although the two parties have work contacts, they are performing their own duties. What matters does the county bureau have with them that need to be discussed after get off work hours?

Several people were a little suspicious at the moment, and Sheng Li also murmured in his heart, but since the other party had revealed his identity, he couldn't just leave him outside the door in this cold weather. The door opened.

It was Lin Yongwang, who was wrapped up tightly, who entered the door. As soon as he entered the door, he took off the thick cotton cap on his head and smiled at everyone, "Oh, the road in this forestry station is really hard to walk, and cars can't even drive to the door. In this snowy day, I almost fell on the way I just walked here."

Sheng Li didn't want to be polite to him, and asked, "It's so late, what's the matter with Deputy Director Lin?"

Lin Yongwang's face froze, he I am quite happy with power, but I am most concerned that I am only the second-in-command after so many years, and I would frown even when I see the word "Deputy" when I read the documents. Right now, I feel my heart twitching when I hear Sheng Li say "Deputy Director Lin" Feeling in pain, he hurriedly interrupted the other party, "Let's go in, let's go in and talk."

Sheng Li glanced at him, nodded, and said to the team members: "You guys continue to discuss and list the possible suspects." After finishing speaking, he walked to the table and picked up the little fox, Xia Tian flicked his tail , lying quietly in Sheng Li's arms, only pretending that he is an ordinary little fox in love with his master.

Xia Tian could tell that his owner didn't like this deputy director Lin, and he didn't like it either. Not like this person's eyes, don't treat other people as human beings.

Sheng Li's hug made Lin Yongwang notice the little fox. He was right to think it was a puppy, but it was the first time he saw such a beautiful milk fox, so he moved closer curiously and exclaimed. Said: "This little fox is pretty enough." After speaking, he glanced at Sheng Li again, smiled and said meaningfully: "I heard that the forest guards have rules before, saying that the forest guards are not allowed to go up the mountain to touch these things without permission." Wild animals...Of course, Captain Sheng is here, and the rules should change, we all understand."

He is a native of Panlong Mountain, so of course he knows this rule better than anyone else, wild animals have their own rules of survival, The wild animals on Panlong Mountain are not allowed to come into contact with even the locals at will. The existence of the forest ranger is precisely to guard this rule.

On weekdays, according to Lin Yongwang's smooth temperament, even if he was 100% sure about it in his heart, he would never mention it in front of others, but right now Lin Yongwang was filled with anger, feeling that Sheng Lifang had deliberately set him down I have to make up for my face no matter what.

Sheng Li didn't plan to fight this man, but he didn't care, but the little fox did. He was huddled in Sheng Li's arms obediently, but when he heard Lin Yongwang's emphatic voice, he felt that he was an eyesore. He raised his head and glanced at Lin Yongwang.

Lin Yongwang's mocking and smiling face froze suddenly, and he couldn't explain why, but he always felt that there was a human soul hidden under the skin of this little fox, and the fox eyes just now sent a chill down his spine. He opened his mouth for a while but couldn't say anything.

Sheng Li smiled, he gently rubbed the little fox's chin, pushed him back into his arms, and said in a low voice: "Don't look blindly." After that,

he turned his head and said to Lin Yongwang: " Let's go, Deputy Director Lin."

Lin Yongwang's face was a little ugly, and he could only curse Sheng Li in his heart for not being ignorant of the rules. No wonder I have stayed in this small forest ranger for so many years. Looking at this dilapidated environment, I have never had a good life here. It can't compare to sitting in an office every day.

Thinking about it this way, Lin Yongwang felt that most of the anger in his heart had dissipated just now, and he stepped forward to catch up, with the ever-changing smile on his face again.

The two went upstairs to the reception room to talk, but Sheng Li didn't put the little fox down. Lin Yongwang originally wanted to say that it was inappropriate, but Sheng Li's indifferent expression reminded him of the frightened eyes of the little fox just now. In the end, he didn't say much, but instead extended an invitation to Sheng Li—

"Captain Sheng, you know about the fact that the provincial leaders came to our Panlong Mountain."

Sheng Li shook his head, "I didn't know about it." I heard."

"Tsk, Captain Sheng, I'm going to show off my qualifications as an older generation to accuse you. This political acumen is not good enough." Lin Yongwang narrowed his eyes, "The top leader of the province has come to our little one. Place, who is not eager to earn performance, think about why you have been living in such a small place as the Panlong Mountain Forest Protection Center for so many years, do you still want to live in it for the rest of your life?" He boasted that he had pinched Sheng Li's

life Men, how glorious this person was when he was first transferred here, and the leader specially approved funds and sent him additional manpower. He thought that this person had such a strong background that he came to the forestry station to be gilded.

Who would have thought that after so many years, even he was mentioned as the second in command, Sheng Li was still his team leader in this forest protection station, and he never saw him make any waves again, poachers caught a lot of them, but The position has not improved at all.

Hearing Lin Yongwang's words, Sheng Li felt baffled. He said: "I think the forest ranger is a good place, and I can stay there for a lifetime." As long as he is with his little fox, he doesn't care where he stays, even if he is like the last one. Xiao Shijie usually stays in the yin house, and he likes it too.

But Lin Yongwang judges others by himself, and always feels that Sheng Li should be as angry as he guessed, and longing for another chance to climb up. detour.

Thinking of this, Lin Yongwang smiled instead, "Captain Sheng, don't be angry, I don't know what the environment in the forest guard is?" After a pause, he said: "Okay, Captain Sheng, let's not talk about those false I'm being silly, I'll just say it, now there is such an opportunity that can make you soar into the sky, not to mention leaving this small forest ranger, even if you go directly to the province or the capital, it's not impossible."

Sheng Li and the little fox on his lap looked at each other, and they both saw a hint of banter in each other's eyes.

Sheng Li looked at Lin Yongwang, and asked, "I don't know what Deputy Director Lin wants to say?"

Lin Yongwang looked at Sheng Li's expression, and seeing that he seemed to be more serious than before, he felt a little more pleased, and deliberately slowed down his tone: The leader came down this time just to find something..." As he spoke, he raised his legs and waved to Sheng Li, motioning for him to come closer.

Sheng Li was as immobile as a mountain, "The sound insulation here is pretty good, Deputy Director Lin might as well just say it straight." "

..." Lin Yongwang didn't expect Sheng Li to talk to him now, his face sank, and soon he put on a smile again, "Captain Sheng probably knows this better than me—" "

It was said earlier that there are dragon scales on Panlong Mountain, Captain Sheng should still remember?"

Sheng Li nodded, "Yes, I have caught a few poachers before , They said they came here for the so-called 'Dragon Scale', the police officer who interrogated them should know this better than me, if Deputy Director Lin wants to ask this question, I'm afraid he's looking for the wrong person."

"Don't worry, Captain Sheng, this 'dragon scale' is of course a rumor. We all know that there are no dragons in this world. Who has ever seen that thing." Lin Yongwang said with a smile, "Don't say you I, Lin Yongwang, have lived in Panlong Mountain for so many years, and I have never seen any dragons on this mountain."

Hearing this, the little fox lying in Sheng Li's arms hummed softly. From Xia Tian's point of view, there is nothing unusual about dragons. When he was in Fulian Mountain, he heard from those monks who went to practice on the mountain that there were evil dragons entrenched in the extreme north. He went out to strangle the evil dragon, and finally extracted the keel bone to refine a spirit sword, which made him very popular in the Lingyang Sect and aroused the envy of many narrow-minded monks.

Naturally, Sheng Li told him about this matter after we got together. Sheng Li is not a showy person, and he only mentioned this matter in a few sentences, but the little fox still remembers those monks talking about how the dragon turned pale. In the scene, it is said that the dragon is extremely ferocious, and it can spit out flames ten feet high when it opens its mouth. Many monks joined forces to try to subdue the dragon, but they all died in the belly of the dragon in the end.

Only his owner single-handedly killed the evil dragon by the sword. Not everyone has the ability to do so.

Sheng Li looked down at the little fox's tail almost up to the sky, and he knew what he was thinking. Although he didn't like to boast, he was proud of being able to satisfy his Taoist companion.

Thinking of this, his heart softened, and he gently hooked the tip of the little fox's swaying tail with his fingers, and the little fox in turn wrapped its tail around his palm, and kept blinking its fox eyes at him. .

This person is fighting with eyebrows and eyes, as if he has completely forgotten about Lin Yongwang.