chapter 145

Although Xia Tian was a little surprised that the villagers would really listen to him, but at the moment they could be more honest and save himself some energy, so his thin lips were slightly pursed, his face became more indifferent, and he completely regarded himself as the regent The imposing manner of the time was displayed, not angry but mighty.

Seeing this, the villagers were even more convinced that the one standing at the moment was the bride of the mountain god. If not, what kind of young man would have such an aura of looking down on everything?

And Qiangzi secretly looked at him several times, seeing that the tablet engraved with the word "Sheng Li" was always firmly held by Xia Tian in his arms, and finally dispelled the last trace of doubt.

According to the words handed down from the village, the tablet on which is the name taboo of the mountain god. It is said that the "Xia Tian" tablet next to it is the bride of the mountain god. Unaware of the taboo, the chief stepped forward and moved the tablet to move it to the front hall of the old house, but even though he exerted all his strength, the two tablets did not move at all; not only that, the village chief's hand was like It was like being burned by the flames, and the skin was scorched black and the pain was unbearable. After that, no one dared to move the tablet at will.

Strange to say, I heard from the village chief that he has never cleaned the altar, but these two tablets have been spotless over the years, clean and shiny as if they were just made... "I'm here to ask you, can

you Answer honestly." Just as Qiang Zi thought about where the rest tablet engraved with "Xia Tian" was, he heard the young man in front of him speak.

A group of people hurriedly nodded and responded, for fear that they would be angered if they said half a second late.

Xia Tian then turned around and waved towards the door, his tone was much softer. "Come out quickly."

As soon as he finished speaking, a handsome little boy jumped out from behind him. It was the little tree spirit who had been changed by them and wiped off the stains on his face.

When the little tree spirit was in the sun, he still looked like a weak child with his hands and feet injured, but just because he leaned so intimately behind Xia Tian's back, none of the villagers dared to attack him. despised him.

Xia Tian stretched out his hand and lightly embraced the little tree spirit's shoulders to protect him, looked around the crowd and said, "Look up and take a closer look, do you know him or have you seen him before?" Hearing this, the

villagers Only then did they straighten their heads and look at the little tree spirit one by one, only to see that the child was wearing a slightly loose white jacket, looking a little timid, but looking at them with a bit of curiosity.

Everyone watched for a while, then whispered to each other.

"Have you seen it?"

"...It looks familiar, but it seems that I remembered it wrong, did I get lost?" "Is

there such a child in our village?"

"Where is Dead Man's Valley ?" , there shouldn't be any children who dare to come here, right?"

Every villager knows that Dead Man's Valley will buy back living people every time the sacrifice is approaching, but not everyone buys the "sacrifice" every time the sacrifice. As far as they could see, only the village head and a few other people who assisted in the sacrifice knew who it was, so the other villagers were very unfamiliar with the face of the little tree spirit, and they didn't even know that the young man standing in front of them was also bought by them." Sacrifice".

However, others didn't know it, but Qiangzi and the villagers who went to sacrifice together the night before knew it very well. They looked at each other and felt that the child was obviously the child who had been bought to escape and then had his arms and legs broken.

But how could the Goddess of the Mountain be with this sacrificial offering? She seemed to be protective...the two exchanged winks, but neither spoke.

They thought they were moving in a concealed manner and avoided Xia Tian's sight, but they didn't know that there was a tall man standing aside, quietly watching their changes.

Xia Tian waited for a while but did not see their response, but he was not impatient, he just carefully protected the tablet in his arms, and stroked the little tree spirit's hair to comfort him.

After waiting for a while, a woman finally spoke with some hesitation: "Shan, Goddess of the Mountain, I seem to have seen him..."

The corner of Xia Tian's mouth twitched, the little tree spirit called him "Madame", and these people also called him "Mountain God's Bride". What kind of name is this "Mountain God Empress"?

Xu Shi could see a trace of displeasure on his face, the woman trembled in fright, lowered her head and dared not speak any more.

Xia Tian sighed silently, and said, "Go on, where have you seen it?"

"I..."

"Mountain God Empress! If we inform the whereabouts of this child, can the Lord Mountain God take back the punishment!" The woman Before he could speak, Qiangzi who was kneeling in front suddenly said.

As soon as these words came out, the villagers who knelt on the ground suddenly remembered why they came here today. They quickly argued, hoping that the mountain god would take back the punishment, and even the woman who spoke had eager eyes. It seemed that Xia Tian would not speak unless she agreed.

Xia Tian didn't know what kind of punishment was given by the mountain god they were talking about, but he didn't like to be threatened the most. Even the most desolate and deceitful little fox on Fulian Mountain had never been threatened by someone. Sheng Li is the only one who is willing to be bound. Therefore, he frowned slightly, and snorted coldly: "You are not qualified to negotiate terms with me yet."

Everyone looked at each other, and felt a chill down their backs, and there was no sound at all, only at first the woman suppressed her fear and stammered Said calmly: "Empress of the mountain god, this, this child... I have seen it in the east of the village, I have seen it..." She tentatively raised her head and carefully observed Xia Tian's expression as she spoke. And furious, he was slightly relieved, and his words became much more fluent.

"My daughter often likes to play in the wild locust forest behind the east end of the village. One day I went to ask her to go home for dinner. I saw her playing with other people from a distance. I thought it was some kid who was bullying others, so I just Think about going to fight..."

As she said that, the woman looked at the little tree spirit again, as if she wanted to confirm whether the other person was the one she knew well.

The little tree spirit met her eyes, first subconsciously shrunk behind Xia Tian, ​​then seemed a little curious, couldn't help poking his head out to look at the woman, and even smiled at her.

The woman was startled, and the picture that had flashed in her mind finally became clear, and the face of the child who was fighting with her daughter made her match, "Yes, it's him!" It seemed that she felt so

much Only oneself can answer the question of "Mountain Goddess", the woman is a little complacent, and even straightens her stooped back unconsciously.

"It was this little boy. He ran away in fright when he saw me passing by. I was a little surprised that he was not from the village. Later I asked my daughter, and my daughter also said that it was the child I met in the locust forest. I, I am afraid It was a kidnapper who came to steal my daughter... I will not let my daughter play there again, and I have never seen this child again."

In the village of Shirengou, there is a job of buying people to sacrifice, but I am afraid that my child will be killed by others. After selling it, it's true that all living beings and all kinds of things make people laugh and cry, but when the woman talked about her child, she was full of love and affection. Even if Xia Tian looked down on her selfish attitude, she had to admit that she really loved her child. Eager.

"The locust forest at the east end of the village..." Xia Tian frowned and thought for a while, "That place is very close to your village entrance, isn't it?" I saw a clump of wild locust trees covered with white flowers through the gap of the car window, and then entered the village not long after, and was thrown into the broken tile house.

"That's right, that's right, that place is very close to our village."

Thinking of this, Xia Tian couldn't help feeling a little strange, Boss Hu and the others could clearly see the little tree spirit that day, and they seemed to have kidnapped him. He even threatened himself that he would break his legs and feet... But can this living soul be broken by people in the world?

He was full of questions, but he didn't know who to turn to for an answer. Now that he finally got some information that might be related to the little tree spirit, he naturally wanted to check it out. He raised his hand and nodded to the woman kneeling in front of him, "You take I'll go take a look at the place where I met him."

"Huh? I... yes!" The woman froze for a moment, then nodded abruptly.

Xia Tian looked at the others again, "Go back on your own, you are not allowed to come to this place again." Before

he could finish his sentence, a gust of wind blew in. Strange to say, the wind was obviously not strong, but it seemed that there was an irresistible force that swept everyone away. Pushing back, the villagers dared not say a word, and turned around and ran away one by one as if they were being chased by ghosts.

On the contrary, Qiangzi and the people next to him persisted and stayed, looked at each other, and boldly asked: "Dare to ask the mountain god, our village chief..." "

Ah, I forgot." Xia Tian pretended Suddenly enlightened, he tapped his head lightly, "I have something to tell you."

Qiangzi looked at Xia Tian suspiciously.

Xia Tian gave him a condescending look, walked over step by step, raised his hand and patted him on the shoulder, Qiangzi watched helplessly as a butterfly as black as ink passed by the other's palm.

"If you walk too much at night, you will always encounter ghosts." Xia Tian folded his five fingers together, and then opened his palm after a while. The black butterfly turned into black and red powder, and Xia Tian gently shook it to the ground. .

"I don't like this kind of little thing very much. It's disgusting to dare to eat the blood of my own kind, isn't it?" Xia Tian looked at Qiangzi.

Obviously this young man looked so weak, as if he could be slapped by himself with a single palm, but Qiangzi was like a weak animal being targeted by a natural enemy. For a moment, his feet became weak from fright, and he couldn't even take a step.

He knew...Qiangzi was full of this idea, he just realized what a ridiculous thing he had done before, just to get away from the ghost and hit the wall, and he actually killed his neighbors!

Seeing that his head was covered in cold sweat, Xia Tian didn't say any more, and looked at the stunned woman beside him, "Lead the way." "

Ah, good!"

Xia Tian followed the woman on the mountain road, remembering how disgusting he was when he pinched a carnivorous butterfly just now. Dongshi felt uncomfortable, and kept shaking his palms lightly. He stepped on a round stone on the side of the road without noticing it, and he was about to fall when his foot slipped.

Before the little tree spirit next to him could call out "Madam be careful", they saw their king suddenly appearing and firmly hugged his wife in his arms.

Sheng Li's palm was cold, but it made Xia Tian feel extremely at ease. He couldn't help but smiled at Sheng Li, and whispered coquettishly, "The palm is so dirty." "I just wanted you not to touch it." Sheng

Li After Li finished speaking, he supported the man to stand still, and stretched out his hand a little more. A stream of water appeared in the air and wrapped Xia Tian's palm, and only after a while did it patter on the grass beside him.

Xia Tian said with a smile: "Just now I was so angry. They are not good people. I got angry when I saw it.

" Okay?"

Xia Tian nodded first, then laughed, and said in a low voice: "Is the master treating me like a child? I even said that I am not a little fox."