Chapter 5: "The Little Thief"

Narrator's POV

January the third, Camila stepped inside the fifty-two floors building belonged to Cabello Corp. She was wearing a black dress with a white blazer. She wore her hair straight and with makeup on. Walking in her white five inches heels, holding her black bag, and displaying no smile, she looked confident and fearless. A bodyguard was following her and another one who was also her driver stayed in the car. Her secretary, Hailee, and Ally had been waiting for her by the lobby.

Camila was Alejandro's elder daughter of two and only twenty-one years old and going to be twenty-two in two months. As discussed with her parents before they passed away, Sofia was likely to take over the company instead of Camila. It was because Camila was not into his father's business and Sofia showed more interest although she was not even ten when every time their father talked about his business.

It was never crossed her mind that she would take over her father's company, and even worse too fast. Sofia was only nine years old. Therefore, Camila had to take over first until Sofia grew up. Camila did not like it. However, she chose to follow her father's will to run her father's company. Her father had put everything in building his company and Camila did not want what he had built in vain.

Camila was inexperienced but her father had subtly prepared her for this. He always told Camila his company and the business. He would also mention things going on when they were having dinner or breakfast. She might be inexperienced and not interested but she knew things. She was never interested in working or running the company as it was not her passion.

It was hard for her that she had to lose both of her parents suddenly at the same time. Camila still blamed herself for what happened. She was not living her life since then. She barely ate properly. She was living in sorrow. She did not even finish her degree in Fine Arts. Camila left her passion behind. 

She was left with her sister, Sofia. The only family member she knew was her father's stepbrother, her step-uncle, Mr. Bardem. She had few friends but the only best friend she had was Dinah who was still finishing her degree. After a year of living in sadness, Camila realized she could not keep going like this. She had to be strong, especially for her little sister. Therefore, she finally decided to follow her father's will.

.

People were glad they would have a new CEO a new leader again. However, they were skeptical and doubted Camila's ability. Even Camila herself did not know if she could do it or not. She just decided she had to try or she would never know. She was grateful that she got Mr. Cooper and Ally who would certainly stand by her side, but still many things to learn and to accomplish. It would be a long journey until Sofia grew up. 

Camila started her first meeting with the board of directors which was only two persons. Camila was the majority shareholder. The rest was owned by her step-uncle Mr. Bardem and Mrs. Chalamet. The meeting only lasted for an hour. Camila proceeded to the second meeting with the management team. Both of them were a short meeting, a welcome, and an introduction meeting.

Earlier when the office hours started, Ally as the main executive assistant of Camila had sent out the video of Camila delivering a speech as a new CEO to all the employees. It was a short video of three minutes. Now, all the employees knew how she looked like. Normani who just watched the video called Lauren.

Normani: Lauren, your new boss is beautiful

Lauren: (Lauren rolled her eyes playfully) Mani... she...

Normani: What? Have you met her in person? (Normani was excited to know more)

Lauren: No... Yea... I meant she was that girl I told you.