Chapter 36: Camila...Delilah (Where's She?)

Narrator's POV

Out of the house, Lauren went to see Valentino, Camila's staff who was responsible for her cars. Lauren gave him the key returning Camila's car. She then called a taxi to pick her up. She left Camila's mansion taking the taxi. She stopped at the closest public transport. Camila called her but she ignored it. She took public transport and walked until she got to the riverside park in Manhattan. Lauren needed to process everything she came to. She found herself a seat by the riverside and got herself a bag of food - two big burgers and french fries with a cold drink.

Sitting there and having her lunch, Lauren got many things in her mind, but all the things were related to one person, Camila. She recalled what happened at Camila's place. Lauren took her phone and called Ally.

Ally: Hi, Lauren! What's up?

Lauren: Ally, I got a question.

Ally: Shoot!

Lauren: Why did Camila blame herself for the death of her parents?

Ally: Oh... (Ally was surprised. Lauren called her on Saturday afternoon to ask this question) What made you came up with this question?

Lauren: I just wondered as she should not, should she?

Ally: Yeah... she should stop blaming herself. It was an accident.

Lauren: Can you tell me why?

Ally: Ok. She was interested to go to London for a dancing event.

Lauren: dancing event??

Ally: Yes, it was the annual dancing event in London. It's an iconic event and Camila craved attending the event as she loved dancing.

Lauren: She danced??? (Lauren was surprised)

Ally: Yes, she's an excellent dancer.

Lauren: But... she told me she doesn't dance!? (It was not only once Lauren heard Camila said that)

Ally: Yeah... (Ally sighed) she loves or loved dancing since she was five. But she stopped dancing since that accident.

Lauren: Why?

Ally: She insisted that she wanted to attend that event. Her mother did not support her, but her father did. In the end, she went there with Dinah after Christmas. They planed to have their new year's eve there. She talked her father into it. And you know... the accident happened when they're on the way there.

Lauren: Oh... (Lauren was speechless. Lauren also loved Mr. Cabello like her father. It was still painful to listen to that story. She could not imagine how it was for Camila)

Ally: Yeah... that's why she still blamed herself for what happened. She thought it would not happen if she had not insisted to go to that event. That's why she stopped dancing and left her passion for dancing behind. She even quitted her art school.

Lauren: It's not her fault.

Ally: I knew, but she still sees it that way. (They both sighed) but at least now she did not punish herself by locking herself in the room, did nothing, and barely eating something.