Chapter 33: Fall For Her

Camila's POV

She got closer to my ear, "My pleasure. I don't mind if such a beautiful angel crashed into me every night."

It was the night before my life turned into misery...

I was falling but she managed to catch me by my waist. "Hey... are you okay?" Our eyes met. Those beautiful green eyes I could never forget. She was looking at me. My heart was beating fast what if she recognized me.

It was her, I could not be wrong. Those eyes...

She held out her hand to shake hands with me, "Nice to meet you, Ms. Cabello." She smiled at her with her charming smile.

It was her. It was definitely her. That attractive husky voice...

Lauren Jauregui - that was her name. She was the gorgeous green eyes who had swept me off my feet that night on that New Year Eve in London. When I was dancing with her, everything seemed so magical like in the fairy tale and so romantic like the story of a beautiful princess. I thought I was living my best life. I was wrong. It turned out it was the last hour before my happiest life ended.

I never thought of her anymore since I left the masquerade ball that night. I was too busy thinking of my stupid and selfish decision to go to London and talked my parents into it, to join me and celebrate our new years there which ended up I never saw them again. I lost them because of my stupid, selfish, and spoiled self. I never regretted anything in my life, except that selfish decision. She did cross my mind last new year's eve, but I lost interest in her. She was sent to me by life to take me to heaven before they dropped me to hell the next hour, or she was sent to me when I was being dropped to hell. Life punished me for being selfish.

Nevertheless, life was funny, and loved to play with me. They sent her back to me and let us met in the same situation when I was running away from men, and she caught me by my waist on the stairs. It was the same scenario, but with different locations and costumes. I had mixed feelings, knowing it was her, and knowing life sent her back to me. She looked like an angel, but I was afraid, life would send me another misery after they sent her back to me.

I was getting more anxious when I knew she probably was one of my employees. Life could not be funnier when I found out that she was Lauren Jauregui, the person who was mentioned in my father's will, the person who would be my mentor. When she stepped into my office for the first time that day, I wondered if she recognized me since I did recognize her. She might wear a mask that night, but I would not miss it because of her perfect green eyes, her sexy husky voice, and the way she carried herself.

I was curious what life was going to throw me this time by sending her back to me. I got myself ready if they sent me to the next misery which I had been living in one, or to the next level of hell. Again, I was wrong. By the time passed, It turned out life was being gentler to me this time. She was sent to me to help me in both my professional and personal life. She guided and guarded me in the business world which was unknown to me. She gave a new light to my personal life. She helped me out of my depression whether she knew it or not.

My father always knew what the best for me. I trusted him like no one else. I trusted him more than anyone including my mother. Probably, he knew that day would come when he would leave me that he prepared everything, including telling me who to trust as he knew I had a trust issue, just like him. I was glad that he told me who to trust in his will, uncle Cooper and Lauren Jauregui.

I felt alone living in darkness since my parents passed away. I did have Sofia, Dinah, Mr. and Mrs. Harris, uncle Cooper even Jason, but it was different. I felt emptiness and loneliness. Since Lauren came back into my life, I started to feel I was not alone in this world because she did care about me genuinely. We might pay her well for doing her job, but I could see how she went beyond expectation. It was so surreal to meet such a genuine caring person that I was so scared when she wanted to quit and leave me after we had our first argument. On that day, I realized that I had fallen for her for the second time.