Chapter 65: Felt Distant

Camila's POV

"Mila!!" Dinah called me. "Are you daydreaming of Lauren?"

I chuckled, "DJ..." I was indeed thinking of Lauren. 

"Is everything okay?" She asked.

"Yeah..." She just looked at me and made a face telling me that she did not believe me. She knew there was something more. "It's Lauren..." I trailed off. I did not know if it was something that I should be worried about.

"What happened to her?" She frowned and sat closer. We were in the living room enjoying our Sunday. Lauren had left in the early morning for the rally. "She did not tell you things again?" I had told Dinah about Lauren hid the truth from me.

"No, it's not that. I feel like she changed a bit."

"Changed? What do you mean?" Dinah was chewing her cookies. 

"I feel... she's a bit distant."

"Oh, since when?"

"Since she's back to the office," I told Dinah. Lauren had returned to the office last week after spending two weeks at home. I visited her every day after work and I stayed over at her place last weekend.

"Like how. What made you feel so?"

"We always have our morning kiss and after office kiss. Since she's back to the office, she doesn't seem to be excited or sometimes she forgot."

"Did you tell her?"

"Yeah, I told her that she forgot. She said sorry because she's busy."

"Oh, Is there any other thing changed?"

"No, probably she's just busy. It's the end of the year. Many things to settle at work."

"It's only a week right? And It's the end of the year, Mila. Probably, she's busy and I am sure you are busy as well." Dinah said.

"Yes, maybe. We have many things to settle before New Year. " I hoped it was because she was busy. Lauren was back at her rally today after she was off for two weeks. She left early morning when I was still sleeping.

"Yes, don't worry, Mila. She loves you. I can see that."

"Yes..." Dinah made me smiled even though I knew, sometimes, love was not enough, "Thank you, D."

"You're not worried about Selena, are you?" Dinah asked. I also had told Dinah about Selena. I shared almost everything with Dinah, so did she.

"No, D. I trust Lauren for that." It was not that I was not worried at all. I just chose to trust her.

"Yeah... Normani told me you should not worry about Selena. She witnessed both how Lauren had a crush on her and how Lauren fell for Delilah my best friend..." Dinah smiled, "she never saw Lauren head over heel when she's in love with you."

I said nothing but smiled.

"I wished I were there... seeing you both running and dancing for the first time," Dinah said.

"Where were you at that time?" Dinah hit me, "Ouch... Dinah!"

"I was helping you distracting that Hussey that you could run away."