Chapter 20: Missed Her?

Narrator's POV

Two weeks passed. Camila mostly stayed at home and she admitted to herself that She missed Lauren. On the other hand, Lauren did not admit that she missed Camila. They were having a meeting on Monday morning when Camila was in the office. After the meeting, Lauren left Camila's office. Lauren did not talk too much as they used to be. The distance between them was growing and everything became formal and professional.

Hailee and Ally were still in Camila's office. Ally closed the door when Lauren returned to her office.

"Lauren's birthday is coming." Ally said.

"When is it?" Hailee asked.

"Next Sunday." Ally said and Camila only listened.

"Not this Sunday, right?" Hailee asked again to make sure and Ally reconfirmed to her shaking her head, "Any plan?"

"Yes, I am thinking to get something for her as she always remembers our birthdays." Ally said. Lauren always remembered and paid attention to her friend's and colleagues' birthdays. She did not care much about her birthday.

"Should we throw a party for her?" Hailee was excited. "She must have something arranged, as she visits the club often."

"Not sure, I have to check with Normani. She usually will arrange something for Lauren." Ally said, "how about we buy something for her and celebrate it on Monday during lunchtime. Camila will be here as well, it is Monday." Ally said.

"Yes, sounds great."

"Mila?" Ally asked Camila who said nothing.

"Yes, that would be great."

"Do you have any idea, what should we get her?" Ally was looking at Hailee and Camila.

Camila shrugged, "I don't know what she likes besides she loves to eat, wearing black, and going to the club." Camila said. She realized that she did not know much about Lauren.

"Yes, that's Lauren." Ally smiled.

"Yes, I have an idea...." Hailee said.

"Yes, Hailee?" Ally looked at Hailee.

"Something related to racing."

"Racing?" Camila frowned.

"Yes..." both of them answered her. "She loves racing, she even won the forest rally three weeks ago."

"She won a race?"

"Yes, we celebrated it last two Fridays ago. When you're not here." Ally added.

"Yes, it was a great lunch. She bought us lunch."

"Oh," Camila recalled that day when Lauren asked if she would have lunch with her on Friday.

"But we don't know exactly what she needs. It can be something specific and I don't know about the rally world." Ally said.

"Yes, true. It will be quite expensive, too." Hailee said.

"Or... we can ask Normani." Ally suggested.

"Yes, better ask her, or we can just get her a black leather suit or jacket," Hailee said and they laughed, but Camila was thinking.