Chapter 9: I'm Sorry

Narrator's POV

Lauren went up to her office at twelve. Most of the team had gone for lunch. It was only Hailee and two people from the team were still there.

"Haiz..." Lauren went to Hailee

"Hi, Lauren..." Hailee smiled.

"It's Ms. Cabello here?"

"Yes. You want to meet her?" Hailee asked.

"Yes," Lauren said. Her mood was neutral.

"Okay, wait a moment." Hailee went to Camila's office.

.

She knocked on the door, "Camila, Lauren is here, she wants to meet you."

"Okay." She was nervous.

"Okay, I will let her in." Hailee left Camila's office with the door open.

.

"Lauren, she is waiting for you," Hailee said.

"Thank you, Haiz," Lauren said and Hailee nodded. She was happy seeing Lauren was here and not in her angry mood anymore.

.

Lauren went to Camila's office. She saw Camila was sitting on her chair. "Ms. Cabello, can I come in?"

Camila looked at where the sound came from, "Yes." She stood up and walked to the guest area which was close to the entrance. They both were feeling awkward and looked at each other for a few seconds.

"Can we talk?" Lauren asked. Her face and her voice were soft.

"Yea..." Camila answered her with a gentle voice as well and gestured for Lauren to sit on the couch.

.

Camila sat on the single couch while Lauren sat on the long couch next to her. There was silence again. Camila did not how to start, Lauren was looking at her. Camila was fidgeting and looking at her own hands.

"I'm sorry." They both said at the same time.

Lauren smiled and Camila looked at Lauren slightly and returned to her hands.

"You can speak first," Lauren said.

"I... I'm sorry. I should not have been so rude to you yesterday. I... I know you care. I..., I just don't like it when you kept on pushing me like that." Camila said. She looked at her own hands more than Lauren when she was speaking. She was nervous as she kept on fidgeting her hands.

While Lauren's eyes did not leave Camila, "I understand. I'm sorry, too. I should not have pushed you and said that you are selfish and irresponsible. You are a responsible person. It has been proved by you are always staying late and learning things seriously. I just... like Ally and Hailee. I'm just worried seeing you don't eat and don't have enough rest. I did not mean bad."

"It's okay. Thank you." Camila looked at Lauren slightly. She could not hold the stare with Lauren.

Lauren smiled, "So, Are we good now?" She asked Camila gently.

"Yea..." Camila smiled thinly as she held her smile. She was feeling relieved.

.

"Do you want to have lunch with me today?" Lauren tried.

Camila looked at her, "yea..." she agreed as she wanted to make it up for Lauren.

Lauren was happy, "you want to have it here or go out?"