Chapter 55: We're Together

Narrator's POV

The first week of the CEO and the mentor became girlfriends passed by fast. They worked as usual professionally. They didn't want their relationship to affect their professional relationship. Camila and Lauren did not show any affection in public except when they were in Camila's office when there were only two of them. They did not miss their morning kiss and afternoon kiss. Their morning kiss was soft and heartwarming, and their afternoon kiss was longer and more passionate, but they never got carried away. Camila predicted sooner or later, Ally and Hailee would find out about them.

It was Friday and they had lunch with Ally, Hailee, Normani, and also Dinah. They went to the nearby restaurant which was Lauren's and Normani's favorite and became Camila's as well. Camila and Lauren would sit next to each other whenever they could. It was just like Dinah and Normani which Camila and Lauren noticed. Normani and Dinah knew about Camila and Lauren who were officially girlfriends now, but they did not tell their best friends yet that they had started to hook up with each other.

"Do you want more?" Lauren asked Camila gently when she finished her dessert.

"No..." Camila said, "thank you." They looked at each other. Their interaction, the way they talked and looked t each other did not go unnoticed by Ally and Hailee. Lauren might be always gentle and cared about others, but the way Camila responded to Lauren was different from how usually she would do. They looked at them suspiciously.

Camila noticed and she put her head on Lauren's shoulder thinking it was the time for them to know, but she would make sure that they would keep it to themselves and did not spread the news. Lauren was a bit taken aback when Camila laid her head on her shoulder as Ally and Hailee were there. Lauren looked at her, "are you okay, Ms. Cabello?" Lauren asked Camila with one eyebrow raised.

Camila smiled and whispered,  "We should tell them." She told Lauren before she looked at Ally and Hailee.

"Yea?" Lauren smiled. Camila nodded. They were looking at each other lovingly. It was just like Camila, Lauren was certain Ally and Hailee would find out soon, especially Hailee who always knew things and she was always there when Lauren went to visit Camila every morning and afternoon.

Ally and Hailee stopped eating when they saw how they talked to each other further, and how Camila was looking at them smiling. Dinah and Normani were smiling shaking their heads.

Ally cleared her throat, "Hello... something do you want to tell us here?" Ally said.

Lauren and Camila laughed. Lauren kissed Camila's forehead before she answered Ally, "we're together."

Ally and Hailee were surprised but they were excited and happy to hear that, "What? Oh My God, I'm so happy to hear that..." Ally said. She was happy that they were finally together as she believed Lauren was good for Camila, and Lauren deserved Camila as well.

"I knew it..." Hailee said as she saw Lauren visited Camila's office too often this week. "You are breaking many girls' hearts," Hailee said.

"Please, keep it to yourself," Camila told Ally and Hailee. 

"Okay." Ally said.

"No problem, but I am happy for you both," Hailee said. She was likely to tell her sister about it.

"Everybody, Cheers for Camren... Camila and Lauren!" Dinah lifted her glass.

"Cheers!" They all were glad for these two.

.

A month passed, Lauren was right. Camila was not ready for making love. They would kiss, they would make out, but they never went too far. Either Lauren or Camila would stop before they got carried away. Camila had learned how to control herself better and Lauren was learning to be patient with her even though it was not easy.