Chapter 14: Unprofessional

Narrator's POV

It was Monday after the lunch break, I went to my CEO's office as usual.

"Hi, Haiz, had a good lunch?" I was walking past Hailee heading to Camila's office.

"Yes!!" We both love food and could talk about food for hours. "Lauren, Camila hasn't come back from lunch yet."

I stopped in front of Hailee, "she is out?" I was taken aback. She never went out for lunch alone. She always went out with us or one of us. All of us were here. I saw Ally was in her office.

"Yes, she got a lunch appointment with Mrs. Chalamet."

"Oh," that was new, "and Mr. Javier, too?" I asked him since three of them were the shareholders.

"No, it's only with Mrs. Chalamet. She invited Camila herself." Mrs. Chalamet did not make an appointment through her assistant and Hailee.

"Do you know what time she will be back?" I asked.

"Not, sure, but shouldn't be too long." Hailee was not sure as well as it was the first time she went out for lunch without us and with Mrs. Chalamet.

"I see... well, I should come back later then." She did not tell me. I knew she was the boss, but she should have informed me if the learning session would be delayed.

"She did not inform you?" Hailee frowned.

"No. Is it last minute invitation?"

"No, it's not. She told me this morning when she came that she will be out for lunch with Mrs. Chalamet." She told Hailee in the morning.

She should have asked Hailee to tell me if she could not. "Oh..., Okay." I shrugged.

"Probably, she forgot." We knew she was not the best with arranging her schedule. "I will confirm to you next time, Lauren. It's the first time she's out for lunch without any of us."

"Yes, you're right." Hailee got the point.

"Yessss... I am, Ms. J." Hailee was so playful. She knew how to cheer things up.

"Thank you, Ms. Steinfeld."

"You are welcome, Ms. J."

"Bye, Ms. Steinfeld." I shook my head.

"Bye, Ms. J." She was laughing.

.

It was almost two o'clock, the lady boss had not returned yet. I had mixed feelings. I was annoyed and worried at the same time. I was annoyed since she did not tell me. We had it scheduled If she would like to skip or could not make it, she should have told me even though she was the boss here. I was also worried thinking if she was safe out there. She should be safe anyway as Jason was with her, and Mrs. Chalamet had a bodyguard as well.

"Lauren, Camila just called me. She said she has to cancel today's learning session with you. She asked you to put the materials on her desk and she will have a look later when she got back." Hailee came into my office.

"Oh, Okay." I was speechless.

"You want me to put them for you?" Hailee noticed that I disliked the late cancellation.