Chapter 85: Visiting New York

Narrator's POV

Tuesday morning, Lauren landed in New York. She decided to visit New York on her birthday as Normani suggested. She did not tell Normani yet, as she wanted to surprise her. After taking her luggage, Lauren proceeded to the exit. She pursed her lips after she breathed in New York's air. Lauren missed New York and missed certain someone. She lost in her thought for a moment, and she bumped into someone.

"Sorry..." Lauren said, and she was shocked to see whom she bumped into.

"No, sorry... it's my..." she was as shocked as Lauren. "Lauren..."

"... Hi, Lucy..." Lauren said.

Both of them were looking at each other and feeling awkward.

"Hi..." Lucy said.

"Hi." Lauren was the more awkward one.

"How are you?" Lucy knew how they were related now. Lucy was calmer.

"I... I am good." Lauren looked at Lucy. She was thinking if Lucy was still mad at her, "how are you?" Lauren asked Lucy in return.

"I am good. You... Do you live in New York now?" Lucy asked.

"I..." Lauren guessed Lucy knew that she did not live in New York. How did she know? "No, just visiting," Lauren said.

"Oh, okay..." Lucy was looking at Lauren. It had been a long time.

"Yeah... and you?" Lauren was still awkward to make a conversation.

"I am visiting, too," Lucy said. Lucy looked away.

Lauren looked in the direction where Lucy was looking at. It was Peter holding a sign, Ms. Vives.

"Do you know Peter?" Lauren asked.

"Peter?" Lucy looked at Lauren, she was confused.

"The man who is holding the sign with your name," Lauren said.

"Oh, no." Lucy looked at Lauren. She did not know if she should bring up the name of Lauren's ex-girlfriend.

"Where do you stay?" Lauren asked. She was curious. She was sure that something happened between Camila and Lucy unless Peter changed his job, which was unlikely.

"You know him, do you?" Lucy could tell that Lauren figured it out.

"Yes," Lauren said.

"I will stay at Camila's," Lucy said.

Lauren frowned, "are you two friends now?" Lauren knew nothing, and it's killing her.

"I... yeah..." Lucy had not told Lauren the story.

"Lauren!" Peter showed up. "Are you back for good?" Peter was happy to see Lauren.

"Hi, Peter!" They hugged, "no, I am just visiting for holiday."

"Oh, too bad," Peter said. "Ms. Vives?"

"Yes," Lucy said.

"I don't know you know each other." Peter did not know. It was only Jason who knew.