Chapter 19: Missed Talking To Her

Narrator's POV

Lauren went to Mr.Cooper since Camila had left the office. She wanted to discuss with Mr. Cooper about the mentoring progress. Lauren was waiting in front of his office as Mr. Cooper had guests.

"They will finish in fifteen minutes, Ms. J. Do you want to wait or I will call you when they finish?" Emmy, Mr. Cooper's secretary said.

"I will wait, Emmy."

"Okay, would you like a cup of tea or coffee?"

"No, thank you. I am good."

The guests were leaving twelve minutes later. The door was opened. Mr. Cooper was coming out, "Thank you very much, Ms. Stone. I hope we could final it soon."

"Yes, Mr. Cooper. We will discuss it with the team and inform you next week."

"We are looking forward to it."

Lauren stood up and she saw someone she knew, "Emma?"

She turned around, "Lauren?" She was surprised to see Lauren. Lauren was excited as well. "Hey, how are you doing?" They greeted each other with a cheek kiss.

"I am good, yea... how are you? It's been a while?" Lauren asked her.

"It's been a long time. Look at you." Emma was amazed by Lauren. She looked gorgeous.

"You look great as well, Emma."

"You know each other?" Mr. Cooper asked.

"Yess..." Both of them replied. "We lived in the same neighborhood." Both of them replied.

"It's been like... ten years?"

"... yeah..." Lauren said and Mr. Cooper smile.

"What are you doing here?" Emma asked Lauren.

"I want to meet Mr. Cooper," Lauren said.

"She's one of our best people we have, Ms. Stone." Mr. Cooper said. He was glad that they knew each other. Emma might decide to finalize the business with Cabello Corp.

"I believe that..." Emma was looking at Lauren with admiration. She was proud of Lauren. "Wow... I am glad I came here today."

"I am glad I am here, too, Emma." Lauren all smiled.

Ms. Stone's assistant told her that they had to leave.

"Lauren, I have to go now. We have another meeting with the client. We should meet again. I missed you."

"Yes, we should, Emma."

"Can you give me your number?"

"Yes, sure." They exchanged numbers.

"Okay, thank you. We have to meet again."

"Yes, Emma. Let me know when you have time.

"Sure, Okay..." They hugged again, "See you soon, Lauren."

"See you soon, Emma."

"Mr. Cooper, we have to go now, thank you."

"Yes, Ms. Stone. Have a nice afternoon.