Chapter 45: Surprises?

Lauren's POV

I was glad that Camila agreed to go on date with me. I did not plan to ask her today but I could not help it. She was getting lovely day by day or probably just my love for her was getting more intense. I was so in love with her that I wanted to take her out for a date as soon as possible. How she sang me to sleep that night and how she cared about me made my heart melted. I was so in love with her. I wanted her to be mine. I hoped she wanted the same. 

Camila was special to me and I wanted to arrange something special for our first date. I did not have any plan yet. I had three days to plan it out. Probably, Dinah could help me. Ally should have Dinah's phone number. Taking Camila out for a date and other women I had taken were different. It was not only because of how special she was to me but also because of who she was. I had to make sure where we went was safe. It was a big responsibility to take her out. Besides Dinah, I would need Jason's help. Her safety was the priority.

I just arrived at my apartment and Normani called me.

Me: Hi, Mani.

Normani: Hi, Lauser. I'll pick you up at seven-thirty?

Me: The party will start at nine right?

Normani: Yes, I was thinking we can have some bites before going to the club

Me: That sounds good.

Normani: Great, see you soon.

Me: See you, Mani.

We were invited to Demi's birthday party. She was our senior when we were still in school. The senior that we looked up to at that time. Normani and I still kept in touch with her. She lived in New York but we seldom saw each other. We were too busy with our lives and Demi was way busier than Normani and me. Her birthday was last Friday but she celebrated it with her family back in her hometown. She decided to have a party with her friends here in New York, today, at one of our favorite clubs, Black Widow.

I did not ask Camila to join me because we had told Demi that we would come alone, only two of us without the plus one. I did not want to be rude and I was sure Camila did not like going to the club if not necessary. She also seemed tired after the intense meeting and wanted to get home immediately. I was so happy If I thought back to when she came to my party. Although she disliked clubs, being in the middle of strangers, and we also had celebrated my birthday in the morning, she still came to my birthday party. I was surprised and I was happy. It made me felt special.

.

Normani and I went to the small cafe close to the club to get something to eat and chill before we went to the club. I told Normani that I just asked Camila to go out on a date with me. I also asked Normani if she got any idea considering I had to put Camila's safety as the priority. We talked about ideas. I always put an effort when I took someone out for a date even a casual one. With Camila, it made me nervous as I wanted to give the best.

"Yes, try to ask her best friend, Dinah?"

"Yes."

"I'm sure you'll come up with something she'll love. You are good at that, Lauser."

"Yeah..."

"Are you nervous?" Normani laughed.

I chuckled. She read me, "yeah..."

Normani laughed louder, "You're so whipped." I could not deny it. It was true. "but... I am happy to see you like this. You look happy. It will go well." Normani squeezed my hand motivating me.