Chapter 74: Let Her Go

Narrator's POV

Camila was sitting in her bathtub trying to calm herself before she opened the box. It was too many things to take today when she just came back. She needed to calm herself down and tried to be strong. She had not told anyone yet, only Jason knew about it. She did not ask Mr. Cooper but she was sure Mr. Cooper and Hailee had known about Lauren's departure. Sooner or later, Dinah and Sofia would ask about Lauren. It was easy to tell Dinah but not Sofia. Sofia liked Lauren and she would be sad that Lauren left without saying anything.

After taking a soothing bath, Camila felt a bit more relaxed. The box from Lauren was on the table in her bedroom. Camila did not want to open it yet. She was not ready. She was looking at it when her phone rang.

Camila: Okay, see you in the study room.

It was Jason who called her. She went to the study room to meet Jason. He should have come up with some results about Lauren.

"Ms. Cabello!" Jason nodded.

Camila took a seat and asked Jason to start, "Yes?"

"She had flown to London on Saturday morning. Her phone is inactive. Big chance is not valid anymore. The last call she made was to Normani at seven twenty-seven on Friday evening. She also called Emma and Zyan before that. Emails and social media no longer existed. She had left the car in the office building since Wednesday morning, the same spot she used to park. Her apartment is still under her name. We don't know when she will be back as she purchased a one-way ticket. "

Camila was thinking about the information she received. 

"Do you want me to bring her to you?" Jason asked.

Camila looked at Jason. Jason could do it easily as long as he knew the person, " No, not at this moment. Thank you, Jason. Please update me if she is back or something comes up."

"Okay," Jason said.

Camila left the study room and returned to her bedroom. She took the box from Lauren and went to the bed. Sitting on the bed with the box in front of her, Camila took a deep breath before she opened it. There was her phone that she gave to Lauren to replace her broken one, a car key for the car that she borrowed or gave her, some money that she did not know what it was for, and there was a letter. There were three things written mentioned in the letter. It was the explanation about the money. She wanted to keep the necklace that Camila gave her on Christmas so she returned it in cash instead. The second thing was asking Camila to check the phone as she left a message, and the last thing was the password of her phone.

The tears started forming. She took the phone and she recalled the memories: the time when she crashed into Lauren by the stairs, when she found out she was her employee and the green eyes who swept her feet off the floor, and when Lauren rejected her phone. A tear fell on the phone. Camila hated Lauren and missed her at the same time. She was thinking about how Lauren did not want to be with her anymore. She took several deep breathes trying to stop herself from crying. 

Camila opened the phone and the password was Camila's birthday. If it was not a sad time, Camila would have laughed and made fun of Lauren's choice of password. When she unlocked the phone, she saw the picture of them which was taken during Christmas time when Lauren put snow on her nose and took a selfie with her. The tears fell again.

Camila played the voice message that Lauren left for her.

* * * * * 

Hi, Camila

(Silent...)

I'm so sorry. I hurt you. I disappoint you.