Chapter 44: Asked Her Out

Narrator's POV

The day passed by. Camila and Lauren did not talk to each other after lunch as they did not have any meetings and things to discuss at work. Camila felt bad that she should have told Lauren that Dinah would come but she forgot. It happened especially when she was too busy and so into her work, she would forget things. It was good she got Ally and Hailee by her side to remind her. While Lauren felt disappointed with herself that she did not know Camila did not like fish and chips. She never found Camila picky with food. She was also a little disappointed that she could not have lunch with Camila only as she had been looking forward to it.

The next day, Lauren did not go to Camila's office in the morning, just like the day before. They did not talk to each other since yesterday lunch. Lauren went to her office just like yesterday before lunchtime.

"Camila..." Lauren called her when she entered the office.

Camila looked at her and smiled, "Hi!"

"Are we going out for lunch or you want to have it here?"

"Can we have it here?" Camila asked. She preferred one day in the office and another day going out that it would be fair to Lauren, but she could not do it today. "I have a meeting in two hours. I need to go through the reports and study the cases."

"Okay, no problem. I'll order something. You want to go through them with me?" Lauren offered Camila's help.

"Yes, please, it would be very helpful and save my time."

"Okay, I'll be back in five minutes." Lauren went out to ask Hailee's help to order lunch so she could help Camila.

They spent their lunchtime eating and discussing work. Camila did not want to discuss work with Lauren while having lunch since she knew Lauren preferred that way. However, Lauren would not mind, as it was urgent and important. The reports came in late and Camila did not have much time to go through them. Camila finished her lunch in less than ten minutes, while Lauren was enjoying her lunch when they discussed works. She had no problems with that as she was used to it although she preferred not to talk about work at mealtime if possible. The day passed by with Camila being busy with meetings and reports.

.

Fifteen minutes before Camila left the office, Lauren went to see Camila if she needed any help after the meeting. She also wanted to talk to Camila about yesterday's awkward moment, about the fish and chips. Although Lauren was her mentor, and they were closer now. Lauren would always stop and ask Hailee if she wanted to see Camila just to keep things professional. 

"Haiz, Is the meeting finished?"

"Yes, fifteen minutes ago," Hailee said. "Do you want to see her?"

"Yes, Please."

Hailee typed something in her computer, "You can go in." Camila did not like using the intercom or office phone for communication. She asked Hailee to use chat via the company's system or just went to her office if she wanted to contact her.

"Thanks, Haiz!" Lauren went to Camila's room.

.

"Camila..."

"Yes, Lauren?" Camila was finishing her work. She was going to leave soon.

"Do you need any help with the meeting?" Lauren asked. Camila usually would need her help pre or post-meeting.