Chapter 28: Low-key Loving

Narrator's POV

Since that day, Lauren and Camila did not talk about something non-job-related things. Both of them acted professionally as usual. Once in a while, Camila would look at Lauren recalling what happened. She was shocked and hurt when she saw Lauren out of that stall with Scarlett. She knew she had no right to get mad at Lauren. They were not in a relationship. She should not act like Lauren was her girlfriend. She tried to get over it.

Lauren would look at Camila dearly and zone out for a few seconds when Camila was not looking at her. She was indecisive to talk to her or not talk to her about what happened. Every time, they finished meeting online or when she contacted Camila for work things over the phone, since Camila was not in the office except Monday and Thursday, she wanted to talk with her. If it was not something related to that night, she hoped at least something, not job-related things. Lauren missed talking to her in that way. She wanted to mention that night, but she chickened out all the time, not to mention Camila finished things as soon as possible without small talks.

Lauren and Normani did not go to the club on Wednesday. They went for dinner instead nearby Normani's place.

"How's your nose?" Normani asked

"It's getting better?"

"Have you talked to Jason about that Tarzan?"

"Tarzan?" Lauren was archign a brow. 

"That George of the jungle," Normani said laughing.

"Oh," Lauren chuckled, "Not yet. We have this midyear report things to do, so a bit hectic at work. I will talk to him this weekend."

"Are you going to Camila's place?" Normani knew Lauren's new schedule starting this week. Lauren and Camila did not have the mentoring-learning session at the office anymore. It was only once at Camila's place on Saturday morning.

"Yes, I should be, If... she did not change the schedule," Lauren said. She was not sure if Camila would stick to the schedule they agreed on last week after what happened in the club.

"Are you girls okay?" Normani knew something bothered Lauren's mind from the way she talked about her boss. 

"...yeah."

"Yeah?" Normani asked as Lauren seemed unsure.

"I don't know, Mani. We don't talk about what happened that night. Nothing is mentioned." Lauren thought to herself that Camila did not even ask about her nose when everybody was asking. She thought Camila just did not care. "Everything is like usual, nothing happened." Lauren did not look at Normani but her food and lost in her thoughts.

"Did you try to talk to her?"

"No, she seems not interested to talk about what happened."

"Oh..." Normani noticed that Lauren was feeling uneasy talking about it, "Is George still her driver?"

"I don't know. She's only here once on Monday, so I have no idea."

"You want me to get someone to give him a lesson." Normani offered. She just knew how to get it done, 

"No, Mani. It's Camila's employee. It's not our job." Lauren said.

"Yes... but he hit you." Normani was still annoyed with George.

Lauren smiled, "It's okay, Mani. Let him go."

"Fine." Normani was unwilling to let George go easily, "let me know if you change your mind."

Lauren chucked, "Okay." She gave Normani her sweetest smile. She loved how Normani was so protective and always by her side.