Chapter 87: The Trial Weeks

Narrator's POV

Lauren had her breakfast with Emma. It was when she received a call from Mr. Finch. He wanted to meet Lauren and talked about the case. What Emma told Lauren was right. Camila had found out about that Javier had threatened Lauren. He and the team wanted to meet Lauren in person to discuss the case and plan.

In the afternoon, Lauren met Mr. Finch and his team in his office. After a three hours meeting, Lauren left the office and headed back to Normani's place. Mr. Finch told Lauren everything she needed to know. She was also required to appear in court as both a victim and a witness. Lauren absolutely agreed on that as she wanted justice and it was time for Javier to be responsible for all he did.

The attorney did not tell Lauren all the cases. She only told Lauren the cases that related to her. Lauren asked him about the murder of Mr. and Mrs. Cabello. He did not say much. He acknowledged it was Javier, but he did not explain it to Lauren in detail. He suggested Lauren ask Camila herself if she wanted to know further about that. Lauren understood, and she did not ask further.

Mr. Finch and the team who worked on the cases asked Lauren whether she could stay in New York until everything was finalized and the verdict was reached. He informed Lauren that all her costs staying in New York would be covered by the Cabello Corp if she agreed. Lauren did not want to decide until she met Camila. Mr. Finch and the team appreciated Lauren's support. They asked Lauren to contact Ally for further arrangements.

When back to Normani's place, Lauren contacted Ally.

Ally: Hello!

Lauren: Hi, Ally! How are you?

Ally: Lauren! (Ally was excited to receive a call from Lauren.)

Lauren: (Lauren chuckled)

Ally: I am good. How are you? We missed you here.

Lauren: I am good, Ally. You must already know why I am calling you.

Ally: Yes, it's about the arrangement for your stay in New York until the trial is finished.

Lauren: Yes. Is Camila in the office?

Ally: She is, but she is in the meeting.

Lauren: Oh, okay.

Ally: So, can you stay in New York until everything is finished?

Lauren: I can make it, but I need to talk to Camila.

Ally: I am afraid she can't talk to you. She asked me to assist with everything you need.

Lauren: Oh... okay (it meant Camila did not want to talk to Lauren in person)

Ally: We will prepare an apartment and everything for you to stay in until everything is final. If you decide to stay.

Lauren: I have to think about it. I got a job to do in London.

Ally: We can cover your expense and salary as well.

Lauren: ... (Lauren knew Camila could do it. If she could buy the painting at that price, she could afford Lauren's salary and living costs in New York without any issue. It was a piece of cake for Camila or the Cabello Corp.) She... I mean you don't have to do that.