Chapter 75: Delilah (2)

Narrator's POV

Another three months passed, Autumn was here. Lauren had left for four months. Mrs. Oh informed Camila, the apartment was sold to a young couple last month. Lauren indeed called Mrs. Oh once a month until she sold the apartment. She told Mrs. Oh she had moved away and she did not mention where but she would visit Mrs. Oh if she ever visited New York again. Mrs. Oh did not tell Camila that Lauren called her every month until she sold the apartment. She also told Lauren that Camila was looking for her but Lauren did not say anything about it. Mrs. Oh only knew that they broke up.

When she got the news, Camila went there to meet the couple. She wanted to know if they talked to Lauren in person, but they did not talk to Lauren as they bought the apartment through the agency. Camila also would like to know about the painting whether she had sold it along with the house. She found out that the painting of Delilah was no longer there. The couple said they did not know about the painting as it was not in the apartment since they visited it the first time.

Camila cried her eyes out for the first month because she missed Lauren too much. She would look at their pictures and listened to her voices messages at night when she could not handle the feeling of missing her. She would look at the moon and listen to their first song, get you the moon whenever she missed her.  She was mad at Lauren but she also missed her intensely. She hated and loved her at the same time. Since Lauren did not show up after four months, Camila was slowly moving on. She finally accepted the fact that she and Lauren were not girlfriends anymore. Their relationship was finished.

Dinah and Sofia had been by her side cheering her up. Harry and Timothy also would pay a visit when they had time. Camila slowly recovered from her heartbreak. She was not sad and quiet as the first two months, but she was not as cheerful as when Lauren was around. Everyone was questioning Lauren's departure but nobody asked Camila directly. It was only Dinah and Jason who knew what happened and they did not share it with others.

Camila had dedicated herself to work. She focussed on the company and Sofia. Making herself busy was the best distraction. She also spent her time taking care of herself eating well, getting enough sleep, exercising, and doing things she loved. Her staff at home including Mr. and Mrs. Harris regretted that Camila and Lauren were not together anymore. They were also relieved that Camila was not lost in sadness. She was doing quite well even though sometimes Lauren crossed her mind and she missed her.

"Mila..." Dinah called Camila when she was walking into her room on Saturday morning.

"Yes, D!" Camila was reading a book by the balcony. "Good morning! You're early."

"Morning, Mila." They hugged.

"Yes... I miss Leo..." Dinah laughed picking up the dog.

"I thought you will come in the afternoon."

"Nope... btw, do you want to go out tonight?"

Camila looked at Dinah, "are you bored, D?" Camila asked. She was afraid Dinah would get bored with her like Lauren who ended up cheating on her.

"Mila..." Dinah sat closer when she saw Camila's face, "No, I'll never. We're joined at the hip since we're toddler, or baby... and will be until we're old...or even when we died. I'll have my grave next to you." Camila told Dinah about how she was afraid Lauren got bored with her as she could not go out like a normal person in general. 

Camila smiled shaking her head, "DJ..."

"Are you still thinking of her?" Dinah asked.