Chapter 31: Delilah

Narrator's POV

Lauren seldom had guests over. Only Normani and the lady who helped her with the cleaning and taking care of her apartment, especially when she was away, would come often. They had the key but they always informed Lauren when they would come. Once in a while, the racing team, Zayn, Liam, and Lucy, and also Jason would come, but it rarely happened. Other than that, she did not have other guests. She preferred to meet people outside or at their places. She never invited those she had fun with or hooked up with over. She preferred to have fun at their places or the hotel. Lauren wanted her apartment to be her private place. As her boss was here, she decided to give her a tour of her apartment.

"I'll give you a tour of my small apartment." Lauren offered.

"It's okay, Lauren. You should not move a lot." Camila did not want Lauren to move a lot with one leg wrapped.

"I'm fine... it will only take a few minutes, come... " Lauren asked Camila to follow her. Camila did so. After showing her living room, and the two bedrooms, and the small balcony, they went back to the living room.

"You have a nice apartment," Camila said.

"Yeah... just a simple apartment. But I love it." Lauren said.

Lauren took a seat on the sofa as she needed. She groaned a bit and Camila looked at her, "Are you okay?" Camila saw Lauren was a bit struggling sitting down.

"I'm good," Lauren answered once she settled down properly.

Camila joined her on the sofa. She did not look at Lauren but the painting on the wall. Camila finally saw Delilah. She frowned studying the painting on the wall in front of them. She stood up and walked closer to the painting.

"It's a beautiful piece of art, isn't it?" Lauren said. Camila did not answer her.

Camila saw what was written 

Delilah

The Delicate One

Camila recalled the name. It was mentioned by Normani who she thought one of Lauren's girls. "Camila," Lauren called her after Camila just stood there did not move for five minutes. "Camila..." Lauren called her a bit louder.

"Oh..." Camila joined Lauren back on the sofa.

"Do you like the painting?" Lauren asked her.

"Yes." Camila was still speechless and thinking.

"..." Lauren looked at Camila who was lost in her thought again looking at the painting.

"Who is Delilah?" Camila turned to Lauren and asked.

"Oh..." Lauren was thinking if she was going to tell Camila the story or not. "the girl in the painting."

"Is she Delilah who Normani mentioned that day?" Camila remembered all the names mentioned.

"Oh, yes..." Lauren chuckled. She was a bit nervous. She hoped Camila did not ask further.

"Is or was she your girlfriend?" Camila frowned.

"Eh? No..." Camila was looking at Lauren waiting for her to tell her more. "It's not important anymore. It's just a beautiful piece of art." Camila looked at her with a serious face. Lauren knew Camila wanted more. Otherwise, she would not look at her like that, "it's a long story." By saying this, Lauren hoped Camila would let it go.