Chapter 62: Jealousy

Narrator's POV

Camila did not come back to the living room after thirty minutes. Lauren went to find her. She texted Camila but Camila did not answer her. Lauren went to her bedroom, and Sofia's room, but Camila was not there. Finally, She found Camila in the study room when she saw Jason was out of Camila's study room. 

"Camz..." Lauren entered the room, "are you working?"

"... no, just something comes up." Camila turned off the computer.

Camila did not look at Lauren and left the room. Lauren followed her.

Lauren followed her, "Camz..."

"Yes," she was typing something on her find while walking to her bedroom.

"Is everything okay?" Lauren asked. She knew it was not. Camila's bad mood was likely about Selena.

"Yes," Camila went to her bathroom before she settled herself in bed. 

"Are you sleepy?" 

"Yes," Camila put her phone on the nightstand.

"Okay..." Lauren went to the bathroom before she joined Camila.

She wanted to hug Camila in a spooning position but Camila did not let her. Lauren pursed her lips and she just lay there next to Camila.

Camila fell asleep slowly. Lauren was still awake. She was thinking about how to make Camila talk. She tried not to bring Ally or Dinah into the conversation. Lauren preferred Camila to ask her instead of Ally, or Normani through Dinah. She would talk to Camila when she or they woke up from their afternoon nap.

It was not the first time Camila's mood turned bad when she was jealous. Every time she got jealous, she would just be quieter and lost in her world. Lauren and Camila both had many admirers. The difference between them was Camila never be friendly to her admirers, and Lauren was always the friendly one. Camila would ignore her admirers coldly and she never acknowledged it, while Lauren would politely or friendly reject or get away from them.

As the result, Camila got jealous more often than Lauren. When she saw someone was approaching Lauren, she would just look at them. She did not aggressively mark her territory or show them that Lauren was hers. There was nothing meaningful jealousy so far until Selena showed up. Camila seemed to find it hard to ignore it, probably because Selena was Lauren's old crush and would be Lauren's co-driver as well.

Lauren, on the other hand never showed her jealousy every time someone tried to hit on Camila. It was because Camila was unapproachable unlike Lauren was. Until now, she never got jealous of anyone. Since Lauren was so chill and relaxed, showing no jealousy, Camila was thinking if being jealous easily meant bad. It made her hid her jealousy or dislike whenever she was jealous.

.

Camila woke up before Lauren. She went to Sofia and spent the late afternoon with Sofia playing games in her room. Lauren woke up half an hour later. She did not find Camila in her room and she went out to find her. She wanted to text her, as it was easier since the house was too huge, but she saw Camila's phone on the nightstand. Lauren went out of the room and she heard waves of laughter of both Cabellos from Sofia's room which was not far from Camila's bedroom. They were in the same section of the mansion.

Lauren was relieved that she did not have to search for her in this huge mansion. She reached Sofia's room and the door was open. She smiled when she saw both of them were having fun and playing games.