Chapter 76: Bidding Battle

Narrator's POV

Camila left Delilah and continued enjoying others arts. She managed to stop thinking of Delilah and Lauren for a while when she was into other arts. Since Lauren left, she focused her time on work, arts, and Sofia. It did help her.

"Ms. Cabello! Nice to meet you here!" A lady said.

Camila turned around and she smiled, "Hi, Emma!!"

"How are you, Ms. Cabello?" Emma looked happy to see Camila.

"Camila, please!" Camila preferred to be called by her name. She met Emma a few times and she loved her vibes. 

"Okay, Camila, How are you?"

"I am good, thank you! How are you?"

"Can't be better." Emma smiled."Hi!" She smiled at Dinah. 

"Oh, this is my friend, Dinah," Camila introduced them, "D, it's Emma."

"Hi, nice to meet you!" Dinah had heard about Emma from Camila. 

"Nice to meet you, too." Emma was an affable person.

"I forgot that you told me you love arts. I should have asked you. I was looking for a friend." Emma said. They talked about it when they were at Lauren's birthday party last year.

Camila smiled, "Yes, it is just a last-minute decision." She was looking at Dinah holding her laugh.

"Do you like the paintings?" Emma asked.

"Yes, some of them are stunning," Camila said. Dinah nodded, "and you?"

"Yes, they are all amazing, and some caught my eyes, too."

"Yes," Camila was looking at Emma thinking if she knew where Lauren was. They were close. Emma was like a big sister to Lauren.

"Will you join the auction?" Emma asked Camila and Dinah hoping they would join. 

Camila and Dinah looked at each other. Dinah said, "We have time." It had been a long time since Camila did not go out. Dinah would do anything as long as her best friend enjoyed the night, not to mention there was the painting of Delilah. 

"Yeah, but I have to talk to Mr. Viggo first," Camila said. She was still considering it. She had to ask Mr. Viggo if she could join. She doubtlessly could join the auction. She just wanted to ask and follow the rules which did not apply to her. Mr. Viggo would be very happy to welcome her.

"Great, I'll join as well," Emma said and a man called her. "Oh, it's a friend of mine, I need to talk to him. See you inside!" She was going to leave and Camila called her.

"Emma!" Camila wanted to ask her about Lauren.

"Yes, Camila?" Emma gave a sign to the man to wait for a second.

Camila looked at the man who was waiting for Emma, "No, I'll talk to you later."

"Are you sure?" Emma asked.

"Yes, go. It's nothing urgent." Camila said.

"Okay, see you!"

"Okay, see you!"

.

"Do you think they are still in touch?" Dinah asked when Emma had left. She knew that Camila wanted to ask her about Lauren.