Chapter 8: Knew About Her More

Narrator's POV

"Quit?" Mr. Cooper was shocked even he knew what happened between Camila and Lauren. He did not expect she would quit so fast. 

"Yes," Lauren said. She looked sad.

"What makes you want to quit, Lauren? Everything looks fine these past three weeks?" Mr. Cooper asked although he had heard from Ally what happened. He wanted to hear from Lauren.

"I don't like the job; I miss my previous position," Lauren said but it was not convincing.

"Lauren..." Mr. Cooper looked at Lauren's face. He could see that she was not happy, "tell. me the truth. What's bothering you?"

"I..." Lauren looked away and looked back to Mr. Cooper.

Lauren finally decided to tell Mr. Cooper the reason and what happened. She told him everything. She did not exaggerate and she did not leave anything behind. She told Mr. Cooper what she thought and felt and also what happened between her and Camila.

"So... I don't think I am the right person Mr. Cooper. You can give me another position. I don't need to return to my previous position, even a sales executive, I don't mind."

Mr. Cooper looked at Lauren thinking. "You are the right person, Lauren."

Lauren sighed internally, "Mr. Copper, I don't agree with you this time. I..."

"Lauren, listen to me. Camila needs you; she needs a person like you. I could not trust anyone other than you. You are who she needs."

Lauren sighed, "I am sure she would say the opposite."

"It is because she does not realize it. She needs someone like you, Lauren. Someone who can have and can share the knowledge with her..."

Lauren cut Mr. Cooper off, "Mr. Cooper there are thousands of employees in Cabello Corp., I am sure there are others who can do that."

"Yes... but none of them could genuinely care about her like you. None of them is willing to put extra miles to care and pull her out of the dark. That's why I choose you, Lauren."

"but Mr. Cooper..."

Mr. Cooper cut Lauren off this time, "Please, Lauren. Don't quit, don't give up on her. I beg you..." Mr. Cooper emphasized his begging with his hands, "I love Camila like my own daughter. We have tried many ways to make her live her life again, but so far nothing worked."

"Mr. Cooper, if many things had been done, and didn't work, I am not sure I can help," Lauren said.

"Lauren, this is the first time she steps out into the world again after living in her house and barely went out. She doesn't eat, she doesn't sleep well, she closed herself to the world. Now, she just started to come out and we need to encourage her. I don't want her to go back to the previous stage. Please, Lauren..."

"Mr. Cooper, I doubt it that I can help. She said it clear and loud that she does not need me and asked me to leave her."

"Lauren... you are the first person who confronted her, pushed her, and pulled her out. She for sure did not like it as she's too comfortable living in her miserable life, but she needs it. Otherwise, she would live sad life in the dark for the rest of her life. You've done the right thing."

"Mr. Cooper... no I can't..." Lauren was not sure now if she wanted to quit, she empathized with her lady boss. She felt sorry for her.

"Please, Lauren, you probably my last hope."