Chapter 22: Feeling Happy, Feeling Fluffy

Narrator's POV

The weekend was here. Lauren woke up early and arrived at Camila's place as agreed. She was there at fifteen minutes before seven. Mrs. Harris saw Lauren's car. She stopped and waited for her in front of the main door. Lauren smiled when she saw Mrs. Harris.

"Good morning, Mrs. Harris!"

"Good morning, Lauren! How are you doing?"

"I am good, Mrs. Harris. How are you?"

"It got better when I see you." They laughed, "Come on in!" She invited Lauren in. "You are early. Last night, Camila told me that you will leave at eight."

"Oh, I thought it's seven." They agreed at seven but Camila was being Camila. "It's fine. I can wait."

"I am not sure the girls are ready. Probably, just woke up." Mrs. Harris asked the other staff to check on Camila and Sofia. "Have you had your breakfast?"

"I had my morning coffee."

"Let's wait for them in the kitchen. I will make you a nice breakfast." Mrs. Harris asked Lauren to follow her

Lauren's eyes lightened up, "Thank you, Mrs. Harris!"

.

Thirty minutes later, Sofia showed up.

"Good morning, Lauren!" Sofia was excited to see Lauren. She ran to Lauren and hug her tight, "I missed you."

"Good morning, Sofi. I missed you, too. Have you decided which one do you want to go to?"

"Yes... Coney island."

"Coney island?"

"Yes, my sister said you love to eat so we could go there." Sofia and Mrs. Harris laughed

"Oh..." Lauren smiled. She loved to eat, but it did not have to go there for having good food, "Okay, if you want to go there."

.

Camila showed up fifteen minutes later when Lauren and Sofia were having their breakfast talking about Sofia's school and friends.

"Good morning!"

"Good morning!" Three of them were greeting her back.

Lauren smiled looking at Camila and studying her. It was Summer. She only put on shorts and a white undershirt or tanktops. She wore her hair down and have it curled. She had light makeup showing her angle face. Mrs. Harris saw how Lauren looked at Camila, "Our beautiful angel is here, have some breakfast, Camila."

"Thank you, Mrs. Harris!"

"I am an angel, too," Sofia said.

"Yes, you are the little pretty angle." Mrs. Harris said.

Lauren and Camila shared a look, and they smiled at each other.

Jason and George were waiting for them outside. They left five minutes before eight.

Lauren and Sofia looked happiest. They screamed, they laughed, and they teased after each other. They enjoyed the rides, the food, and the water. Camila was smiling looking at her sister and Lauren. She was happy that Sofia could enjoy her summer again. Last year, she was just staying home bored to death as Camila did not want to go out. Lauren and Sofia were just like two children playing. Lauren turned into a child when she was playing with Sofia. Camila just chuckled and smiled when they were fooling at each other. Lauren was dying from laughing and every time she was laughing she would look at Camila. Camila would laugh along, and stop laughing and looked away when Lauren looked at her.