Chapter 16: Days Off

Narrator's POV

Lauren went back to the office for the mentoring session. She did not smoke and Lucy neither. They had a quick chat over a coffee. The mentoring session went as usual. Camila looked neutral and she was not cold, or in a bad mood, but she seemed to have a lot of thoughts in her mind.

After the session ended, Camila told Lauren. "Lauren, I am planning to go shopping this evening. So, I will not do any work from home."

"Oh, okay." Lauren was thinking about what to say. She got used to it, texting or calling Camila in the evening even it was only thirty minutes. She always stood by whenever Camila contacted her for questions. "Have fun with the shopping. Are you going with Sofia?"

"Probably yes, I haven't asked her." It was Camila's last-minute plan or it was just her random last-minute plan. She did not want to take Lauren's time. She saw how Normani wanted Lauren to hang out with her. Whether she would go shopping as she said, it was another thing. She could just stay home and work if she felt like to.

Lauren smiled, "Okay, hope you girls will have a great time." She was happy to see Camila enjoyed her life, not only working and staying at home all the time.

"Okay, you, too. Have fun with Normani." Camila said and looked away from Lauren looking for her phone.

"Yeah... have a nice evening and see you tomorrow, Camila."

"Thank you and see you tomorrow, Lauren."

In the evening, Lauren went out with Normani. They went to the club as usual. Normani was so excited her best friend was back. Jade was not there yet but Scarlet did. She was more excited to see Lauren than Normani although she did not show it as Normani did.

"Hi, girls! Good to see you tonight." Scarlet came to the bar where Lauren and Normani were sitting. Her hands were on Lauren and Normani's shoulders.

"Hi, Scarlett!" Both Lauren and Normani turned around and greeted Scarlett back.

"Especially you, Lauren. Long time no see?" Her eyes did not leave Lauren's and Normani was looking at them.

"Yes... been busy?" Lauren said. She was blushing subtly.

"I thought you got bored with my club," Scarlet stated. She took Lauren's glass and drank from it. Lauren raised her eyebrow.

"No, Scarlett. Black Widow is our favorite club." Lauren tried to bring Normani into the conversation. Lauren knew Scarlett had her eyes on her since long time ago but she did not expect she would come to her tonight.

"Yes, Scarlett. It's always been." Normani said and Scarlett looked at Normani.

"Great! Since you are back, it's in the house tonight for you and Normani." Scarlett said and took another sip from Lauren's glass that she was holding.

Lauren was looking at her eyes and her lips, "thank you, Scarlett. Appreciate it much."

"It's my pleasure, Lauren. See you later and enjoy girls." Scarlett winked at Lauren before she left them. 

Lauren and Normani were looking at Scarlett leaving them. They both looked at each other before Nromani burst out laughing. Lauren was giving Normani's a playful death stare and then she laughed along with Normani.

"I told you," Normani said.

"I did not expect that."

"You should."