Chapter 46: Friends With Benefit?

Narrator's POV

Everybody seemed to enjoy the party, except Lauren. She found the party uninteresting as her mind was thinking of Camila. She did not enjoy the moment. She either went home or went to find Camila and talk to her. She chose the latter. Finishing her drink, she went to the VIP area. She saw Camila was sitting there next to Timothée. Lauren also saw Jason nearby. She was not invited directly by Demi but she could bring Jason in without issue. It is the Cabellos' thing. 

Lauren took a seat next to Camila. "Camila..."

Camila was ignoring her, but Timothée greeted her, "Hi, Lauren right?"

"Yes, Hi, Timothée!"

"Hi, Lauren. Nice to see you again... Mila, I saw my friends, I am going there to greet them." Camila had Lauren here to accompany her so Timo left them.

Camila nodded, "Okay..." Timothée left Camila and Lauren alone.

Lauren scooted closer to Camila, "Camz..." but Camila did not want to look at her or answer her. Lauren tried again, "...  you know Demi?" Camila did not answer her. She enjoyed her drink and looked at anywhere but Lauren. Lauren sighed subtly. She did not try further, just sat there with her. Camila was mad at Lauren. She did not want to talk to her and answer her, but on the other hand, she was glad Lauren was here sitting with her. She did not want to be alone and she did not want to be approached by unwanted strangers as well.

They both were sitting next to each other and sipping their drinks. They did not talk but their arms were touched. Lauren tried to hold Camila's hand once but Camila did not let her. Ten minutes passed, a man with blonde hair and blue eyes stopped in front of them, in front of Camila. "Hi!" He greeted them. Camila greeted back casually and Lauren as well but she knew he came here for Camila from the way he was looking at her. "I am Niall," He stretched his hand out for Camila to shake.

Camila accepted it, "Mila!"

He greeted Lauren as well, Lauren politely shook hands with him, "Lauren," but she wanted him to leave Camila alone.

"Do you want to dance with me?" He asked Camila.

Lauren was not surprised with his question, but she was surprised with Camila's answer, "Yes."

He was smiling, "thank you."

Camila was standing up. She lost her balance as she was starting to get tipsy. Lauren caught her. Camila wanted to go with Niall, "Camz..." but Lauren stopped by pulling her closer by her arm. She was not going to let Camila danced with another man, especially when she was tipsy like this.

"I can dance with anyone as you did." Camila looked at Lauren with a cold expression. She was just angry seeing Lauren danced with others. She stopped dancing but she accepted Niall's invitation for dancing with him.

Lauren sighed and she looked at Niall with her hand still holding Camila, "Please, leave us alone." She told him but her face was not friendly at all.

"Lauren!' Camila protested.

"You heard her, she wants to dance with me," Niall said.

"Please." Lauren's eyes were turning angry.

"Hey, easy... she wants to dance with me not you... you should leave us alone." He tried to make Lauren angrier that he could be the nice guy. Lauren clenched her jaws and her fist.